Jane McDonald’s Cruising Down Under programme starts on SBS on 16 Dec

9 hours ago, NSWP said:

759032356_3cafedewheels.jpg.c35f38277887b32390c7bdbc0eb659d2.jpgI like Jane, bit of a laugh, entertaining show.  I wonder if she visited Harry De Wheels for a pie?

Mrs Gut introduced a Yank yo pies on our recent Majestic Cruise, he aske what she was getting and when she said a hamburger for her and a pie for me, he was curious about what a pie was, “You mean a piece of pie?” So she ordered one for him, I noticed when he finished the pie was gone but 1/2 the hamburger was still there. And they were only Mrs Mac’s.

The Albany ANZAC Centre is very good - I absolutely recommend it to anyone visiting Albany - and allow a few hours to take it all in and visit the area around the Centre itself 

Shame they couldn’t stop in Busselton due to the sea conditions - I assume that would have been the Margaret River port 

I enjoyed the first episode - it was certainly a whirlwind tour of the East coast and still trying to figure how Nimbin got a guernsey - unless she had a special affinity to the area maybe 😉

• Haha 1

i wanted to see a full hour on the ship,not a  rushed east coast backpacker trip

thrown in

i never been to nimbin,and dont want to go,would,nt go if you paid me

she did,nt do justice to any of the segments,why buy a wet suit???

just go for a swim in your bathers

the balcony cabins are small..

she should have been in a mini suite

• Like 1

I didn't bother watching, but the above sounds par for the course and is the reason why.

I watched one ep on her doing a Baltic cruise and the amount she skipped, both on ship and ashore, and what was shown instead made it naff. Seemed more of a vanity piece about her than anything else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

I didn't bother watching, but the above sounds par for the course and is the reason why.

I watched one ep on her doing a Baltic cruise and the amount she skipped, both on ship and ashore, and what was shown instead made it naff. Seemed more of a vanity piece about her than anything else.

I had the same experience, but tried to watch a second episode back then.

Found her insufferable.

I've seen her earlier series which inc a European river cruise. 

Maybe I'm cynical - I just assume that what is featured is because the local company or tourism authority paid  for the exposure.  Its a fun program and I like her - but the content is surely advertorial? 

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, she did! 🙂

Indeed, half the show was at Harry's, making pies, selling pies and eating pies of the Tiger variety, meat pie, mashed spud, mushy peas and gravy, lubbly jubbly.    Not much of the shipboard life shown, maybe next week.

Harrys sure did get some publicity.1756874397_th(1).jpg.081f27b7c89177cda4455440cefb387a.jpgI hope she gets a few of these into her next stop.

13 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Mrs Gut introduced a Yank yo pies on our recent Majestic Cruise, he aske what she was getting and when she said a hamburger for her and a pie for me, he was curious about what a pie was, “You mean a piece of pie?” So she ordered one for him, I noticed when he finished the pie was gone but 1/2 the hamburger was still there. And they were only Mrs Mac’s.

Mrs Macs are ok Gut, glad to see you introduced the Americans to dogs eyes.250px-Meat_pie.jpg.bd595a6b562cd2bd0fb02c183592c2d6.jpg