Cruise Critic Community
gkthorn

Princess's "Best Sale Ever"

Has anyone taken advantage of this and if so, does anyone know if their is a limitation on the WiFi?  I'm sure I can find out tomorrow,  but if someone knows I'd appreciate the reveal.

Glenn

2 hours ago, gkthorn said:

Has anyone taken advantage of this and if so, does anyone know if their is a limitation on the WiFi?  I'm sure I can find out tomorrow,  but if someone knows I'd appreciate the reveal.

Glenn

Everything you could possibly ask or think of is covered on this master thread for the B.E.S. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2714765-best-sale-ever-starts-december-11th/

And, yes, it is unlimited Internet (Wifi is simply how you connect).

Here are the details from the Princess website.  You have to search for a particular cruise before you can find out the details of the sale.  This is a cut and paste.

Best. Sale. Ever.

With drinks, wi-fi‡‡ & gratuities included

Wi-Fi Package          
Premier Beverage Package With Tips          
Full Onboard Gratuities Included       N/A N/A
Full Onboard Gratuities Included N/A N/A N/A    

General Terms (applicable to all portions of the Offer) – ONLY available if all guests in a stateroom elect to participate in the Offer. Offer expires February 29, 2020 and is only available to residents of 50 United States or D.C., Canada, and Puerto Rico. Offer and its parts are non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash at any point, and may not be combined with other offers or other onboard credits. Offer’s Drinks, Wi-Fi, and Gratuities are only available on board the ship (not applicable to land portions), may only be used on a single voyage, and expire at the end of such voyage. Offer available on select voyages sailing starting on March 26, 2020. Offer is only available on cruises indicated as “Best. Sale. Ever.” Offer is capacity-controlled regardless of availability.

*Fares are per guest and apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares are non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. Fares and other values quoted in USD.

Premier Beverage Package applies to guests booked in all stateroom types. It is valid only for all guests in a stateroom who are 21 years or older. Guests who are under 21 years of age at the time of sailing can still book the Best. Sale. Ever. pricing, but will receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package and will not receive any refund or otherwise for that portion of the Offer. A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply.

‡‡Wi-Fi included for one device per guest. Wi-Fi details will be delivered pre-cruise or in the stateroom. All internet usage subject to Princess Cruises’ standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change with or without notice.

Gratuities included are in the ships onboard currency. Amount of gratuities paid on behalf of guest may vary based on stateroom type. This amount is paid on the behalf of all guests in a stateroom. Gratuities do not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts, or Lotus Spa services.

Offer valid: December 11, 2019 - February 29, 2020 on select cruises sailing starting on March 26, 2020.

Deposit of $100 USD per guest is refundable. Full Suites require a $200 USD refundable deposit per guest. Cruises under 6 days require a $50 USD refundable deposit per guest. Deposits are required for guests 1 and 2 only.

Reference promotion code: NZ*

SPECIAL OFFERS AVAILABLEInteriorOceanviewBalconyMini-suiteSuite

I don't believe that wi-fi is really the correct term. Wi-fi is just the ship's connection to their internet or intranet. it's free too all. What princess is really providing with the sale is unlimited internet minutes or in other words 24/7 connection to the internet.

I found this also: " #On Golden Princess, Sapphire Princess and Star Princess: guests receive 5000 minutes of internet access per person per cruise across multiple devices. On Sea Princess, Sun Princess, Majestic Princess, Diamond Princess and Pacific Princess: the Premium PrincessCONNECT Internet Package applies and usage is unlimited across multiple devices in a stateroom (accessed through one device at a time only). All Medallion class ships: unlimited MedallionNet package applies, which is limited to 1 device per passenger and up to 4 passengers in the stateroom. For full conditions including usage limitations, visit the Ocean MedallionNet page. 

17 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Everything you could possibly ask or think of is covered on this master thread for the B.E.S. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2714765-best-sale-ever-starts-december-11th/

And, yes, it is unlimited Internet (Wifi is simply how you connect).

If anyone wants to wade through 30 pages to find the answer to their question, of course.

19 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

If anyone wants to wade through 30 pages to find the answer to their question, of course.

I hear you, but it is a bit of a PITA to have one topic get spread across multiple threads.

25 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

30 pages of mostly the same people saying the same stuff over and over. Now that the BES has been out for a while a shorter thread could answer most questions.

The info was worth it for us and much appreciated.   Or we would never have realized we didn’t need to refare.  It has the needed codes that helped our TA get it added.  We are very pleased! 

22 minutes ago, billco said:

30 pages of mostly the same people saying the same stuff over and over. Now that the BES has been out for a while a shorter thread could answer most questions.

Yes, if only we could assign an expert on Princess to weed through that thread or post a new one with everything and then get the Mods to kill the other. 

You know, it might not be a bad idea to have a sticky at the top for each new sales promotion. 

Does anyone know if the codes will work for us in New Zealand/Aussie.  The sale is available here now.  I am waiting to hear back from my travel agent to see if I can get the upgrades without having to re-fare or re-book my cruise in April.  If they say no I will send my agent the codes and explain that other agents have used them successfully.  Cross fingers for me, the sale would mean big savings for us 😃

10 hours ago, skynight said:

I don't believe that wi-fi is really the correct term. Wi-fi is just the ship's connection to their internet or intranet. it's free too all. What princess is really providing with the sale is unlimited internet minutes or in other words 24/7 connection to the internet.

But WiFi is the term Princess is using, with the initial "W" in the code: BEST2DW.

We would like to add the perks to our January 16 cruise on the Crown. On the other thread it looks like some have been able to do that. Princess is telling my TA that it's not eligible. Anyone have clarity on this?  Thanx!

7 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

We would like to add the perks to our January 16 cruise on the Crown. On the other thread it looks like some have been able to do that. Princess is telling my TA that it's not eligible. Anyone have clarity on this?  Thanx!

From the flyer:

"Offer available on select voyages sailing starting March 26, 2020."

ETA: The flyer can be found attached to a post on the first page of the link posted in #3 above.

Edited by crystalspin

My travel agent advised me that the special is for new bookings only so I am not eligible.  I would need to cancel and rebook to the new promotion and he said he "strongly advises me to pay for the beverage package? instead of cancelling and rebooking. Not happy as the saving on  the bev package would be NZ $1640.  We are 130 days out from our cruise and by my reckoning the only cancellation fee would be $200 from our agent.

Our concern is that we have non-refundable EZair flights and we don't know if we can carry the flights over to a new booking or not.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Edit to add - I looked at the Princess Terms and Conditions.  Based on our cruise duration and the number of days to go, we would lose our full deposit if we cancelled.

Edited by kiwichick62

On 12/15/2019 at 8:36 PM, gkthorn said:

Glenn

Glenn,

I am presently on the Emerald and have asked about the wifi limitation for the sale - the response has been unlimited wifi.

I do think the sale thing is kind of a hoax almost.  Seems there is approx. 1000. differential between booking without the sale package compared to getting the sale package.  So check out the costs carefully.

2 hours ago, kiwichick62 said:

My travel agent advised me that the special is for new bookings only so I am not eligible.  I would need to cancel and rebook to the new promotion and he said he "strongly advises me to pay for the beverage package? instead of cancelling and rebooking. Not happy as the saving on  the bev package would be NZ $1640.  We are 130 days out from our cruise and by my reckoning the only cancellation fee would be $200 from our agent.

Our concern is that we have non-refundable EZair flights and we don't know if we can carry the flights over to a new booking or not.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Edit to add - I looked at the Princess Terms and Conditions.  Based on our cruise duration and the number of days to go, we would lose our full deposit if we cancelled.

Has the sale started for you in Aus? It starts for us here in UK on the 20th and it is possible for us to have the extras added on. We have a cruise booked for next September and to be sure that it is possible I rang Princess and was told that yes, we could add the extras on to an existing booking. Did you receive an e-mail about the sale from Princess?Just wondering if your TA has the full details, perhaps try ringing Princess.

Thank you all for your responses.  My travel agent was attempting to do a work around for our July 11 2020 cruise to Alaska and it would have worked out with the exception of us losing a $1000 of onboard credit, so we opted out.  

Fortunately, when we booked the cruise it had free gratuity.

I spoke to a princess representative and the unlimited WiFi does cap out at 2000 minutes, so for longer cruises, such as our 15 day to Hawaii, this would a been a great benefit, since our Elite status allows only 250 free minutes.

I spoke to our agent and she further expressed she agrees with one of the responses in this thread that mentioned it works better for new booking.  Premier Drink package is about $60 a day per person, Premier WiFi about $30 a day per person, and Mini-Suite gratuities about 15.50 per day. 

So for our 15 day cruise to Hawaii, using our mini-suite as an example this would have saved us approximately $3165 for the both of us.

Glenn

Can I make a new booking for a cruise that qualifies for the B.S.E., but book using the cruise only price, then add the offer code BEST2DG at an additional $30/day pp? We're both elite and our free internet minutes are always more than enough for us. Or is the add-on option only for existing bookings?

38 minutes ago, BigJohnL said:

Can I make a new booking for a cruise that qualifies for the B.S.E., but book using the cruise only price, then add the offer code BEST2DG at an additional $30/day pp? We're both elite and our free internet minutes are always more than enough for us. Or is the add-on option only for existing bookings?

yes, we did … saved about $ 500 booking it that way on an inside cabin, on a 5 day cruise

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yes, we did … saved about $ 500 booking it that way on an inside cabin, on a 5 day cruise

Thanks.

5 hours ago, champagnebarfly said:

Has the sale started for you in Aus? It starts for us here in UK on the 20th and it is possible for us to have the extras added on. We have a cruise booked for next September and to be sure that it is possible I rang Princess and was told that yes, we could add the extras on to an existing booking. Did you receive an e-mail about the sale from Princess?Just wondering if your TA has the full details, perhaps try ringing Princess.

Thanks Champagnebarfly, the sale has started here in New Zealand.  The terms here do state "for new bookings only"  I will phone Princess later today, doesn't hurt to try!

11 hours ago, kiwichick62 said:

My ta told me this also but I read on previous posts here that is not true. I notified her about the add on codes to use instead of refaring. Our April cruise now has the gratuities and drink package for $30 pp per day which works out to $15.50 a day for drinks. If we refared our fare would have been $900 pp so not worth it also we got to keep our obc from our original booking