Has Trivia Changed?

bell2

1 hour ago, apeller said:

The Sky Princess did have the regular trivia with teams up to 6 people.  In addition, they did the trivia in the Piazza.

That is what I would expect.  They'll have normal 6-person team trivia usually 2x a day (morning and afternoon) then other games in the piazza that are not normal trivia games.

I'm currently on the Caribbean Princess. We've had the usual morning and afternoon trivias every day, including port days. I have been playing with the same five regular teammates: two couples and another solo cruiser. My biggest successes have been the morning port days with the other solo cruiser and not the rest of our teammates. We've won three of those so far (including once with a third guy joining us). 

A lot of the time, the host will wander through the crowd looking at answers, chatting with players,  and hopefully watching for cheaters. The prizes aren't worth cheating for. 

On 12/16/2019 at 10:09 PM, casofilia said:

50 days on Emerald Princess and they had 2-4 normal Trivia each day and a "week long" special trivia because there were lots of sea days on one leg.  Prizes not worth it especially when there were people who HAD TO WIN!!!

I thought they gave very nice prizes to the winners of the progressive trivia on the Emerald's transatlantic. If I recall correctly, even for the second and third place teams.

Edited by Wehwalt

I've won a couple of the cruise-long trivias. On one ship, they got cheap and didn't give daily prizes for those trivias. We ended up getting the drawstring bag with all the other prizes at the end. Second and third place teams got a split of the prizes. On another cruise, we received some wonderful prizes: a good bottle of champagne Swarovski crystal ornaments, plus the regular prizes. 

5 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

I thought they gave very nice prizes to the winners of the progressive trivia on the Emerald's transatlantic. If I recall correctly, even for the second and third place teams.

Yes, I love the prizes.  Especially my big coffee mug which I use every morning.  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

I've won a couple of the cruise-long trivias. On one ship, they got cheap and didn't give daily prizes for those trivias. We ended up getting the drawstring bag with all the other prizes at the end. Second and third place teams got a split of the prizes. On another cruise, we received some wonderful prizes: a good bottle of champagne Swarovski crystal ornaments, plus the regular prizes. 

Can you stay on the CB a while longer? (getting on Jan. 13th) I would love to resurrect our winning team from a few years ago.  

On 12/16/2019 at 10:09 PM, casofilia said:

50 days on Emerald Princess and they had 2-4 normal Trivia each day and a "week long" special trivia because there were lots of sea days on one leg.  Prizes not worth it especially when there were people who HAD TO WIN!!!

Yeah, but they can't make the prizes very good because that just encourages and rewards people who cheat on their phones.

I don't really think the percentage of people who cheat is exceptionally high. But with a big group like that, there's going to be 1 or 2 people doing it and that's enough that you can't really think of it as a competitive contest, just something you're doing for you're own entertainment.

5 hours ago, Pia1913 said:

Yes, I love the prizes.  Especially my big coffee mug which I use every morning.  😉

I got mine too.

I doubt if it's possible to cheat long term on a consistent basis. Teams that are dominant are watched. 

Edited by Wehwalt

On 12/16/2019 at 11:34 AM, weedpindle said:

You do realize that all the activities onboard are at the discretion of the CD & ED. Some of them have weird ideas about what people like.

^^^^^This!

Edited by masterty