New Steakhouse Reservation

ilovethesparkles

I just made a reservation for our upcoming cruise in February for the first night.  It said it would send a confirmation email but it never did.  A few days went by and still nothing hit my CC and the booking planner on website had everything we paid for but the steakhouse reservation.  I called Carnival Corp. to find out there wasn't some crazy website glitch that screwed me and they said they saw it on their end but said it should have showed up on our planner.  The guy was friendly and admitted they have been having trouble with the website and would email me the confirmation and stayed on the line to be sure I received it which I did.

I personally like having the option to pre-pay for the steakhouse.  Not sure I would do that with the other options, but it has become tradition that we eat in the steakhouse the first night each cruise.  We know we are going to go, so having yet another thing completely taken care of prior to stepping on the ship is very nice.  Our S&S bill is going to be practically nothing next cruise! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Qchell said:

I personally like having the option to pre-pay for the steakhouse.  Not sure I would do that with the other options, but it has become tradition that we eat in the steakhouse the first night each cruise.  We know we are going to go, so having yet another thing completely taken care of prior to stepping on the ship is very nice.  Our S&S bill is going to be practically nothing next cruise! 

this is the exact same thing I said. We've pre-paid our gratuities, preordered spirits for the cabin with mixers. I've got $500 in gift cards ready to go on our onboard account for pictures & any additional drinks.

Edited by Buffalofirsttimer4

So to the folks who have said that you can always make reservations onboard, that's not always the case... this past June on our family cruise we made reservations for my DD & her hubby at the steakhouse while we watched our grandson. My daughter was concerned about the date/time for the reservation so I called the steakhouse and without telling them that we had reservations for another night, they said they were fully booked and weren't even taking backup reservations for any night anymore in the event of no-shows. I was really surprised by it, since they had the usual table in the Lido breezeway on embarkation day getting everyone to make a reservation, yet 2 hours later the restaurant told me, no openings. Period. Oh well...

Now for a question about the new 'pay when you make reservations' system. If we make reservations for the steakhouse and pay in advance, can we still cancel or move it once we're onboard? I saw something online about 24-hour advance notice of changes, but wasn't sure how that worked, or if it applied to cancellations as well as rescheduling.