Anthem diamond plus lounge

treasurer

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

As I read here and on FB about just how many cruises are sending out these notices, I am being swayed towards Biker's stated viewpoint.

I don't think that all of these cruises *really* have all that many top tier cruisers that allowing D+ into the CL is a serious concern.

I think that they are easing us into their new reality.

So, I'll stir the pot a little.  If this is a move to restrict all CLs to exclude D+ (with or without formally renaming them "SL"), how far away can kicking out D members entirely, and just granting them the three daily vouchers?

It’s RCL idea of showing how much loyalty really means to them - NOTHING! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

As I read here and on FB about just how many cruises are sending out these notices, I am being swayed towards Biker's stated viewpoint.

I don't think that all of these cruises *really* have all that many top tier cruisers that allowing D+ into the CL is a serious concern.

I think that they are easing us into their new reality.

So, I'll stir the pot a little.  If this is a move to restrict all CLs to exclude D+ (with or without formally renaming them "SL"), how far away can kicking out D members entirely, and just granting them the three daily vouchers?

Good stir. It’s encouraging to see Royal heading this direction. 

28 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Good stir. It’s encouraging to see Royal heading this direction. 

That’s fine but don’t list the concierge lounge for D+ as a C&A benefit with only a few CL left then those weeks before cruises we are told no access for our sailing. Be honest RCL & not sneaky. Time to update your C&A benefit page & start deleting benefits we no longer receive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

That’s fine but don’t list the concierge lounge for D+ as a C&A benefit with only a few CL left then those weeks before cruises we are told no access for our sailing. Be honest RCL & not sneaky. Time to update your C&A benefit page & start deleting benefits we no longer receive. 

An updated web site would be nice, but I would not expect that. They still have some info mentioning the "honor bar" that hasn't been around for over 10 years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

And the perceived cutback for D+ is not the elimination of lounge access and benefits.  It is simply having one lounge instead of two.  Somehow, that doesn't seem like an agonizingly painful loss.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

And the perceived cutback for D+ is not the elimination of lounge access and benefits.  It is simply having one lounge instead of two.  Somehow, that doesn't seem like an agonizingly painful loss.

Yes but don’t advertise that we have access to Concierge Lounge just update & state access to DL only.  This way when picking a cabin forget about aft cabin deck 12 (CL) & look for something more forward lower deck (DL) for convenience of relaxing during day in the lounge & maybe a cappuccino. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

I think Royal has this pretty much covered with the Terms and Conditions. 

21. General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

46 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Yes but don’t advertise that we have access to Concierge Lounge just update & state access to DL only.  This way when picking a cabin forget about aft cabin deck 12 (CL) & look for something more forward lower deck (DL) for convenience of relaxing during day in the lounge & maybe a cappuccino. 

Again. See T&C’s. 

Just off the Anthem today.  I asked the Concierge about this and he told me that beginning Jan.  5th, the Concierge Lounge will only be for pinnacle club members and Grand Suite guests and above only.  That's all cruises after that date. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, seadays4me said:

Just off the Anthem today.  I asked the Concierge about this and he told me that beginning Jan.  5th, the Concierge Lounge will only be for pinnacle club members and Grand Suite guests and above only.  That's all cruises after that date. 

There you go.  "And so it begins".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, seadays4me said:

Did they indicate this policy was fleetwide or limited to Anthem?

26 minutes ago, seadays4me said:

Thank God.  I don't want the CL getting packed.  It's a perk suite passengers pay for and even though we are almost D+, I think they need to draw the line somewhere.

• Like 2

I am not saying the concierge is wrong or lying but I never believe diamond lounge concierges.  They are notoriously known for promoting their own point of view.  Not necessarily that of RCI.

That said, I didn’t book my next Quantum cruise on deck 12 as a D+.

jc

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, allentownahoy said:

I saw on FB that people are getting the e mails for Grandeur also. I called the D plus desk at Royal and was told there is no change and D plus has CL access as per the policy 3 days ago. It seems like Royal needs to update their reps.

Also needs to update their C&A benefits listings. 

11 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Thank God.  I don't want the CL getting packed.  It's a perk suite passengers pay for and even though we are almost D+, I think they need to draw the line somewhere.

RCCL shows loyality to it's upper tiers in some ways, but at the end the ones that bring most revenues are the Suite passengers and you need to make sure to satisfy them. The company will benefit much more from a Suite passenger cruising once a year than a top tier that cruises in inside cabins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

Fleet wide according to Ricardo last night. Concierge lounge to be renamed suite lounge. 

Then no change in policy since suite lounges already exclude D+. On most ships, when a concierge lounge became a suite lounge, it was actually a different location, usually better and bigger. I’m not aware of any concierge lounge that just changed the name, perhaps they will now. 

• Like 1

I just never choose a cabin  based on proximity to either lounge.  

and I can't tell you how many times a D+ has rather haughtily informed us that they really prefer the D lounges over the C or S Lounges because the service is so much better and they don't have to deal with  'entitled' Suite Pax.  

we are both now.. our first cruise as Diamonds will be next summer to Alaska.   I look forward to  the entire gamut of options.. three vouchers, access to the D lounge and access to the other lounge whichever it may be.  

28 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

RCCL shows loyality to it's upper tiers in some ways, but at the end the ones that bring most revenues are the Suite passengers and you need to make sure to satisfy them. The company will benefit much more from a Suite passenger cruising once a year than a top tier that cruises in inside cabins.

When I want the suite life I choose NCL Haven & MSC Yacht Club which offer much more, private pool, spa & sunning deck not a pool or spa for all or a strip of lounge chairs away from pool. I only book balcony cabins for that reason & eat in specialty restaurants. Only reason I sail on RCL is the convenience of Cape Liberty or Baltimore. 

10 hours ago, allentownahoy said:

I saw on FB that people are getting the e mails for Grandeur also. I called the D plus desk at Royal and was told there is no change and D plus has CL access as per the policy 3 days ago. It seems like Royal needs to update their reps.

We will find out on the Grandeur in Feb. 😋

I admit the CLs are very nice esp. on the Anthem, but not a majorly painful loss as Carol put it in her post above.  And what really amuses me is that all the complainers keep coming back to Royal again and again and again! LOL! We are well diversified.....it happens on all cruise lines.....someone is not happy with some cut back or the other and I get it, yes but,  I am just happy to be on a cruise and I try to focus on that.

• Like 2