Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
luckyinpa

NCL fee to use cabin card?

Recommended Posts

if i suck the money out of my room key for the slots and its charged on my CC are there any fees? i always spend just a little and always lose so no worries about cashing out anything. just wanted for convenience to burn less than 100 out thru my CC vs bringing the cash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using your cabin key to charge to your room is a 3% fee on NCL.   The slot machines will walk you through the process and will tell you there will be a 3% fee.  The amount you take out will show up as an Entertainment cost (not cash advance) on your final bill.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will comp the fee if you are pearl also.  Just see your host the last night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 7:40 PM, MaryZ said:

They will comp the fee if you are pearl also.  Just see your host the last night

Yup. I’m Pearl and on the last night they Comped me all the 3% transactions fees and other small purchases I made on the ship 

 

Total deducted was $190.....not bad and a lot of people don’t know if you don’t ask they won’t give you anything....So ask on the last night for sure 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 12:17 PM, VideoTech said:

Note that the 3% fee is waived for Sapphire, Ruby, and Elite CAS members.

Hello,   Is sapphire being included in the 3% fee being waived New?  I have been Sapphire for a few years and always got charged the 3% percent fee. The CAS websites states that only Ruby and above gets the 3% fee waived.  Are you taking into account that a host can remove the fee depending on your play? Or is this a new Benefit?

Thanks Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 5:48 PM, LaCal said:

Yup. I’m Pearl and on the last night they Comped me all the 3% transactions fees and other small purchases I made on the ship 

 

Total deducted was $190.....not bad and a lot of people don’t know if you don’t ask they won’t give you anything....So ask on the last night for sure 👍🏻

 

On our recent Getaway cruise, my DW was starting over at Pearl due to not having cruised for a while. She asked about waiving the 3% fee and they would not do it. This in spite of the fact that they comped off all our other charges and gave us added OBC to spend on the ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, VideoTech said:

 

On our recent Getaway cruise, my DW was starting over at Pearl due to not having cruised for a while. She asked about waiving the 3% fee and they would not do it. This in spite of the fact that they comped off all our other charges and gave us added OBC to spend on the ship. 

I guess it depends on the casino host 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just realized i never came back here for an update. i never needed to even think about using my card for money because i tripled my money. that will never happen again but it was nice 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 9:42 PM, LaCal said:

I guess it depends on the casino host 🤔

 

A correction - DW told me they did comp off her service charges in the end, after telling her they couldn't do it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than worry about paying a fee, does NCL offer the opportunity to open a marker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...