What Carnival stock do you buy for Princess OBC

spyro1952

I'm ready to have my broker buy 100 shares but I'm a little concerned about what to send to Princess. The form indicates 'Current brokerage statement' as the most likely proof I could provide. Not sure exactly what they need. Brokerage account is all online. Any help?

I just print it out from your online account and black out account numbers and any other non-essential information that Princess does not need to see.  Just make sure it shows 100 shares and your name.  I was able to do a "sort" online that showed only the Carnival stock and eliminated other holdings.

• Like 2

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $250 

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days US $100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $ 50

NORTH AMERICA BRANDS

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE Fax 305 406 6102

PRINCESS CRUISES  Fax 661 753 0180

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE  Fax 206 501 2620

SEABOURN Fax 206 501 2900

CUNARD Fax 661 753 0180

COSTA CRUISES Fax 954 266 5868

Please provide by fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, john_galt said:

I'm ready to have my broker buy 100 shares but I'm a little concerned about what to send to Princess. The form indicates 'Current brokerage statement' as the most likely proof I could provide. Not sure exactly what they need. Brokerage account is all online. Any help?

I print the page from my brokerage account that shows ownership, black out all the non-essential information. I then prepare a cover letter and fax the two pages to Princess.

6 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

Interesting, so you send the paperwork to Princess how? and how much credit are we talking? 

To determine the amounts look up Carnival Corporation shareholder benefits on line. Amounts vary depending on the length of the cruise.

2 hours ago, martinitime1 said:

FAX?? Yikes, LOL!!

Yes, in the U.S. it is either fax or usps mail,  e-mail not accepted in the U.S. I read there is a valid reason for not accepting e-mail, but can't actually remember the reason. E-mail is accepted for U.K. residents.

11 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

Of course, none of this information is to be found anywhere on the Princess or Carnival Corp websites

Not correct. Look here, all the details from the Carnival Corp web site.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

• Like 5

3 hours ago, john_galt said:

I use a screen shot of my eTrade trade confirmation (under Documents > Trade Confirmations).  That's the only place on eTrade that shows my full name instead of just my first name.  I usually have to combine that with a screen shot of my current portfolio that shows just my first name, last 4 digits of my account number, and that I still hold 100 shares of CCL stock.

They can be pretty picky.  They want to see your full name, and a screen shot or doc that has a date on it and shows the shares you currently hold.  I haven't had an issue since I started including the 2 screen shots that (together) show 'em this stuff.

I slap it all into a Word document along with my request info (name, loyalty #, reservation #, etc.) and then use FaxZero (free) to fax the Word doc directly.

Edited by mk-ultra
  • Like 1

A few days ago I made final payment for a 25 day cruise on the Sky Princess next April. This morning at 10:00 am I fax'd a pdf file of my shareholder benefit request form and my November Ameritrade statement to Princess using FaxZero. At 12:30 pm I checked my cruise personalizer and there was my shareholder benefit of $250 OBC.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $250 

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days US $100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $ 50

NORTH AMERICA BRANDS

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE Fax 305 406 6102

PRINCESS CRUISES  Fax 661 753 0180

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE  Fax 206 501 2620

SEABOURN Fax 206 501 2900

CUNARD Fax 661 753 0180

COSTA CRUISES Fax 954 266 5868

Please provide by fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below.

I cannot use my fax anymore because I do not have a land line. My PC has a fax in it. Have no idea how to use it. Can I send it that way.? If yes. Guess I need to figure out how to do it. Guess it is sent to a phone number over the internet.

1 minute ago, twodaywonder said:

I cannot use my fax anymore because I do not have a land line. My PC has a fax in it. Have no idea how to use it. Can I send it that way.? If yes. Guess I need to figure out how to do it. Guess it is sent to a phone number over the internet.

Just checked. It looks like the PC needs to be connected to a land line. The PC just takes the place of an actual fax machine. Darn.

By the way, good old snail mail works just as well as the fax unless you're right up against the sailing date.  After struggling with faxing for a couple of days (that Princess fax number can be busy for hours at a time) I've taken to just mailing in my letter and brokerage statement with appropriate redactions.  The address can be found using the hotline above - shareholder services.

I've also had success handling multiple bookings in a single letter, I just list all of the booking numbers / sailing dates & ships.  I've never had a problem yet.  

So, don't stress, fax if you like.  Use U.S. mail if you prefer.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

Just checked. It looks like the PC needs to be connected to a land line. The PC just takes the place of an actual fax machine. Darn.

UPS Stores and probably most other mailbox establishments, Kinkos and the like, and some stores like Staples & Office Depot will send faxes. Or postal mail as others said.

Had our advisor purchase 100 shares yesterday. 25% return (without considering any dividends) in 14 months, if we take all the cruises we have booked. dr'spin said "I didn't know they gave you OBC!" Believe me, I had told him AND our previous advisor and been told that it wouldn't be worth it!

35 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

UPS Stores and probably most other mailbox establishments, Kinkos and the like, and some stores like Staples & Office Depot will send faxes. Or postal mail as others said.

Had our advisor purchase 100 shares yesterday. 25% return (without considering any dividends) in 14 months, if we take all the cruises we have booked. dr'spin said "I didn't know they gave you OBC!" Believe me, I had told him AND our previous advisor and been told that it wouldn't be worth it!

I have 100 and right now I am down $1,500.00 MY wife has 100 and she is even. However. My main reason to purchase had nothing to do about turning it. I did purchase 100 for my wife with that in mind. If it goes back up. Which I think it will. Usually goes up around May. Cruise season starting. Now my reason was the OBC for sure. We always do Carnival for Halloween. This coming 2020 we have two Princess Cruises and one Carnival. Nice OBC on all three. Plus the Vet OBC form Princess.  Plus future cruise credit that we have with Princess. Now for the FAX situation. So far all these years we send it in the US mail. It takes about a week before we see it. So, not so bad.