Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
MickeyG

Signature Beverage Package Question

Recommended Posts

We will be on the NS in a few days. Quick question.....Is HAL's Signature Beverage Package accepted at all bars & restaurants on board the ship (staying under the $11 per drink limit)? I understand that in-room beverages and room service drinks are not included in the package, as well as the drinks on HAL's private beach. I hope we are able to visit any bar, restaurant and cafe on the ship and use our SBP perk for cocktails and coffees.

 

Thanks so much...Mick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do we purchase the drinks?  Will we be given a special card, or is it just on our account (as if we were buying a drink at a time)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RevNeal said:

How do we purchase the drinks?  Will we be given a special card, or is it just on our account (as if we were buying a drink at a time)?

The SBP is linked to your account. Very simple to use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your key card will have SPB on it.  The wine choices are limited, but beers & cocktails were plentiful.  Check your onboard account though, to make sure you do not get charged for drinks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I want a drink over the $11 price, do I just pay the difference plus gratuity or do they charge the entire price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the tips on the beverage package, We have it for our upcoming cruise in May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about a wine price list? I have looked at HAL, and asking on FB, but can't fine a list. It's difficult to assess the cost of the package when you don't know what it will include. 

We are cruising newbies and never sailed on Holland. 

 

Thanks all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, go2ri2l said:

What about a wine price list? I have looked at HAL, and asking on FB, but can't fine a list. It's difficult to assess the cost of the package when you don't know what it will include. 

We are cruising newbies and never sailed on Holland. 

 

Thanks all!

Welcome to Cruise Critic go2ri2l.  For most of the current drink menus this is Roger's wonderful and comprehensive site:

 

www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 6:14 PM, julia said:

Your key card will have SPB on it.  The wine choices are limited, but beers & cocktails were plentiful.  Check your onboard account though, to make sure you do not get charged for drinks.  

I second this - I had to visit Guest Services the first three days because I was charged for drinks with the SBP. My daughter was also charged for soda a handful of times with the quench package. They take the charges right off but I didn't check my onboard account regularly, I would have paid for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...