Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
steve4031

Eating dinner in dining room on Alaska Cruise while in port

Recommended Posts

We are booked on the Konigsdam.  As I reviewed the itinerary I noted that we were in Juneau from 1p.m. to 10 p.m., Skagway from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Ketchikan from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.  We selected the anytime dining plan.  Are these port times going to cause unusual crowding patterns in the dining room?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be surprised if they did but I could be wrong since I've never chosen Anytime dining in Alaska.

 

Some pax will eat a meal on shore, others take late in the day shorex, and others will likely arrive back messy, and exhausted, and choose the Lido or room service. 

 

I do remember that our late fixed dining was nearly empty the last time we were in Juneau.

 

Enjoy Alaska!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that the MDR is less crowded on days with late departures. And sometimes I've been in the "messy and exhausted" group and opted for room service.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No crowding problems ever that I have noticed at any time on any Alaska cruise.  We noted this year over 4 weeks on a Vista class ship that we were constantly wondering "where is everyone?".

 

Seems that Alaska pax often are big fans of the Lido for dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

sometimes I've been in the "messy and exhausted" group

 

Us, too 😄 That's part of being in Alaska ❤️

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you.  We enjoy the dining room dinners.  Hopefully we get window seats and dine with a view.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 2:22 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I've noticed that the MDR is less crowded on days with late departures. And sometimes I've been in the "messy and exhausted" group and opted for room service.

 

Do not forget - the messy people can order room service from the Main dining room menu (but check with the front desk or room service for how to do this).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Do not forget - the messy people can order room service from the Main dining room menu (but check with the front desk or room service for how to do this).

 

 

Our first time in Juneau we did a tour that would get back too late for our early fixed dinner. We were in a NS, so I asked the concierge to arrange dinner for us. Had the first course on our corner aft balcony, overlooking Juneau. Then we wimped out and ate the rest inside.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

 

Our first time in Juneau we did a tour that would get back too late for our early fixed dinner. We were in a NS, so I asked the concierge to arrange dinner for us. Had the first course on our corner aft balcony, overlooking Juneau. Then we wimped out and ate the rest inside.

 

 

This strategy (outside) works best in warm weather ports!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...