rank the NCL ships you've sailed

havanadaydreaming

How do you rank the NCL ships that you've sailed?   Who rates the highest?  Any surprises? 

Here's mine:

Escape

Epic

Sky (2x)

I must admit I liked the Epic considerably more than I expected. The Escape was my first NCL cruise and will always get a half-grade higher from me than perhaps it's warrants, but that's the same with every first ship I sail per cruise line.   Really liked the Sky our first sailing where we had 3 ports on 4nt - it wasn't as awesome when we had a four nighter with only one port. The recent upgrades were fantastic but I was itching to do something different or get on dry land.   Still, it's a fine ship and one which I recommend. 

Like most, I have cruised on the same NCL ships multiple times. I am planning on changing it up in the future though!

The NCL ships I have been on are:

Gem

Breakaway

Sky

Encore

My favorite is the Gem. Maybe it is more of a sentimental pick just because it was the first NCL ship I have sailed on and it was the one that got me hooked and committed to NCL, but at least until now, it is my favorite (and most fun cruise). The Sky is really small and we will be sailing on her again for New Years in a few weeks. Breakaway has been a good ship as well. I was on the Encore Inaugural in NYC for 2 days and my first impression was it seemed to be a bit overwhelming - but I grew to like it.

53 minutes ago, Greek Boss said:

Like most, I have cruised on the same NCL ships multiple times. I am planning on changing it up in the future though!

The NCL ships I have been on are:

Gem

Breakaway

Sky

Encore

My favorite is the Gem. Maybe it is more of a sentimental pick just because it was the first NCL ship I have sailed on and it was the one that got me hooked and committed to NCL, but at least until now, it is my favorite (and most fun cruise). The Sky is really small and we will be sailing on her again for New Years in a few weeks. Breakaway has been a good ship as well. I was on the Encore Inaugural in NYC for 2 days and my first impression was it seemed to be a bit overwhelming - but I grew to like it.

OH MY... I can't believe i left off the SS Norway, my very first cruise.   What an amazing ship!!!!!!!!!!!  a true Ocean liner. 

Haven't cruised many NCL ships, but have cruise many times on the same! With that said, here's my ranking:

1. Getaway. Although the sister ship to Breakaway, it has a slight edge over the Breakaway for me, but to be honest I can't really pinpoint why (perhaps the memories?). Will be sailing on this ship for a third time in May 2020 for my honeymoon cruise!

2. Breakaway. The first ship I've ever cruised on EVER! Fond memories, and it still had that new ship smell. Will be sailing on her again in May 2021 for, also, the third time haha.

3. Bliss. Gorgeous ship, but just not for me with the laser tag/go-karts. At least it still has Spice H20 (for now).

Will be sailing on the Pearl in February for our bachelor party cruise! We'll see how it stacks up. We're big fans of the megaships, as long as they have the things that we enjoy doing (ropes course, thermal spa, slides, and plentiful deck space). We also absolutely love the waterfront. 

Wow, the Escape gets alot of love, I will definitely have to check it out for the future.  We've only sailed NCL twice (Dawn, POA), but they were both great cruises, a ton of fun, great service, both cruises rank as two of our favorites, probably only our Alaskan cruise on Princess tops them.  We would love to do Alaska again on NCL.

Edited by Beachiekeen

#1 Breakaway - Love the Boardwalk & Spa 

#2 Epic  - unpopular opinion, but I love the Epic, feels like a second home, but I also mostly travel solo & like to hang out in the spa, so the weird staterooms/bathrooms don't bother me at all. If it had a Boardwalk it would be my #1.

#3 & #4  Jade / Jewel  - They are basically the same ship & it's been soo long since I've been on the Jade I can't really pick between the two

#5 Dawn 

Looking forward to maybe getting on the NCL Bliss this coming Spring, and my bet is that she will win first spot once I've had the opportunity.