rank the NCL ships you've sailed

havanadaydreaming

Pride of Aloha 2005

Dawn 2007

Epic 2017

Sky 2020

Favorite cruise was on Pride of Aloha which was honeymoon in Hawaii.  I liked the Dawn and Epic however went on the Epic in March with a lot of spring break college students. Won't cruise again during spring break. 

Pearl-Will be sailing her for the 4th time in May

Gem-Wonderful children's program for the grandkids

Jade-sailed her 2 times

Encore-Beautiful ship for the right family

For senior citizens like us just not a good fit

However excellent food and staff

I've sailed: Majesty, Spirit, Star, Sky, Dawn, Getaway, Escape
Easiest to get around: Majesty or Spirit
Best balance of amenities, layout and crowding: Dawn or Sky (like the tiered pool seating)
Best memories: Star
Most beautiful decor, comfortable and fun: Getaway
May win for having the District Brewhouse: Escape

Ship I'd be MOST excited to sail again: Escape (see aforementioned District Brewhouse)
Ship I'd be LEAST excited to sail again: Dawn (Star would've been my choice, but ah, the memories)

Sun

Majesty (long since retired)

Getaway

Dawn

The Majesty was our first cruise, back in 2005. The thing that impressed me about NCL was that even though the ship was old it was well maintained. 

Just sailed the Getaway out of NOLA last month. Nice ship, but just too large for my taste. 

2 hours ago, MSUjohn said:

a lot of star hate.

is it because it is "small"?

Might have something to do with being stranded in the Pacific and had to be towed.  Then there is the continuing problem of cancelling ports and cutting down port times, cancelling or moving cruises, with no end in sight until April at the earliest.  Size not a factor.

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Might have something to do with being stranded in the Pacific and had to be towed.  Then there is the continuing problem of cancelling ports and cutting down port times, cancelling or moving cruises, with no end in sight until April at the earliest.  Size not a factor.

I ranked the Star relatively low. I’ve not been involved in any of those issues, and in a way it is the size. It is bigger than the Spirit, and doesn’t have the feel of the Spirit that we love. However, it is not as big as the Jewel ships, and is missing things we like about those ships.

We were talking to a couple the other day who particularly like the Star, so some people certainly like it.

Our first ever cruise was on the Sky to AK in 2002 and again n 2003. We were spoiled with an aft Penthouse upgrade on our first cruise. Next cruise was POA in HI and then the Pearl to AK and the Dawn to Canada and New England. We cruise more for the destination than the ship.

Our most favorite cruise overall was the Dawn (post dry dock). We were on deck 11 forward in a 2br suite - it seemed like a short walk to just about anywhere we wanted to go - the theatre, the garden café, Cagney's and even O'Sheehan's. We also liked the large atrium. It was a wonderful way to spend 14 days.

Next would be the three AK trips. The Sky was fairly new in 02 and 03 and our very first cruise was for our 25th wedding anniversary so it was very special - in 03 we did the same cruise but also took our teenaged kids with us. The Pearl was our first trip with my MIL and her very first cruise. The Pearl was a good ship - being in an aft suite we had easy access to the great outdoors and garden cafes as well as the rear MDR and La Cucina. This was also another anniversary cruise for us and the housekeeping manager made sure our suite was decorated to the hilt and we also had a cake delivered to us at dinner. 

The least favorite was HI, not so much for the POA and her all American crew, but more because the cruise was extremely port intensive with zero sea days. We were exhausted at the end. 

So ship wise:

Dawn

Pearl

Sky

POA

we are sailing on the Gem in 26 days so we will see where it stacks up.

On 12/29/2019 at 8:27 AM, mugtech said:

I had lots of Star love in September when we were in the Greek Islands.  💓🌟🌟

9 hours ago, VIPERTRUCK said:

Starting with my most liked:

Pearl

Jewel

Sun

Epic

Star

Breakaway

In my opinion the Jewel class ships were just the right size and passenger to space ratio.

I have been on the jade and jewel. I am going on a 21 day trip on the gem towards the end of January. I really enjoyed them, and agree with them being the right size, and having the right passenger to space ratio. I also like the more conservative design. I sailed on the getaway once and "hated it".