Deck 8 Cabins

Beachvue

We have been in 8019 for 3 cruises. We loved the location as it is close to the exit onto the open deck, close to the elevators (zero noise) and at the end of a hallway which leads through the little used door into the upper Explorers Lounge.

Once, for a very brief period, we experienced some noise from the Sports Deck above - a couple of over enthusiastic shuttle boarders banging and crashing the shuttle off the walls. It was just after lunch (we assume they had a liquid lunch) and the Sports Deck is closed at night so it was a once off and there was really not much impact.

Have said all of that - we have also been in 7002 for one cruise and I love it even more. You get basically no passing traffic and it is ideally located for entry into Explorers Lounge on Deck 7 (through the door next to 7000), ideally located near the Wintergarden, pool etc.

We are booked for South America next year and as much as my husband wanted 8019, I convinced him to book 7002 again.

Both locations are excellent, but in answer to your question re Deck 8  .... for us all pros and no cons.

Just my humble opinion of course.

3 hours ago, Beachvue said:

Looking for pros/cons for cabins on Deck 8.   TIA.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cleopatra99 said:

We have been in 8019 for 3 cruises. We loved the location as it is close to the exit onto the open deck, close to the elevators (zero noise) and at the end of a hallway which leads through the little used door into the upper Explorers Lounge.

Once, for a very brief period, we experienced some noise from the Sports Deck above - a couple of over enthusiastic shuttle boarders banging and crashing the shuttle off the walls. It was just after lunch (we assume they had a liquid lunch) and the Sports Deck is closed at night so it was a once off and there was really not much impact.

Have said all of that - we have also been in 7002 for one cruise and I love it even more. You get basically no passing traffic and it is ideally located for entry into Explorers Lounge on Deck 7 (through the door next to 7000), ideally located near the Wintergarden, pool etc.

We are booked for South America next year and as much as my husband wanted 8019, I convinced him to book 7002 again.

Both locations are excellent, but in answer to your question re Deck 8  .... for us all pros and no cons.

Just my humble opinion of course.

10 hours ago, ropomo said:

Pro:  it's on the ship, not your house

Con: can't think of any

Thank you for your comments.      We are booked on the TA next October (Explorers Suite) Lisbon/Miami and now decided to do the the Rome Lisbon portion.  8010 is the only room available.  So now we will now book 8010 for Rome/Lisbon!!  

We we are also doing the South America cruise as well end of February next year.  Can’t wait.   

Thanks again.   

3 hours ago, Beachvue said:

Thank you for your comments.      We are booked on the TA next October (Explorers Suite) Lisbon/Miami and now decided to do the the Rome Lisbon portion.  8010 is the only room available.  So now we will now book 8010 for Rome/Lisbon!!  

We we are also doing the South America cruise as well end of February next year.  Can’t wait.   

Thanks again.   

Thanks Celopatra for the tips!    Beachvue - we will see you on the TA next October.  We are doing the entire Rome-Miami starting Oct 6.   Will enjoy meeting you. 

I am writing this in Valparaiso - what an amazing city!  We board the Viking Jupiter tomorrow (Saturday) for the 17 day cruise Valparaiso to Buenos Aires.  Check out the Dec 21 Roll Call for lots of tips.  I will try to send info along the way.

I hope that you both enjoy your S.A. cruise next year!

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Thanks Celopatra for the tips!    Beachvue - we will see you on the TA next October.  We are doing the entire Rome-Miami starting Oct 6.   Will enjoy meeting you. 

I am writing this in Valparaiso - what an amazing city!  We board the Viking Jupiter tomorrow (Saturday) for the 17 day cruise Valparaiso to Buenos Aires.  Check out the Dec 21 Roll Call for lots of tips.  I will try to send info along the way.

I hope that you both enjoy your S.A. cruise next year!

Thank you .. yes I am reading the Dec 21 roll call with much interest.

Have a great cruise.