small boat in misty fjord or inian island

Luv2cruz1000

We are planning the Holland America 14 day cruise. the cruise ship goes into both as I understand but they now have a zodiac that goes also. If I had one to choose to do the Zodiac or zodiac/ Catamaran in Misty fjord, which would you do. Please correct me if I am wrong that the cruiseship goes into both of these areas.

I don't know if your ship will go through Misty Fiords but I have done a small boat ride there and was not overly impressed. There is one small section that is scenic, the rest looks like the rest of Alaska (which is scenic but you don't have to pay extra for it).

On 12/19/2019 at 4:20 PM, Luv2cruz1000 said:

We are planning the Holland America 14 day cruise. the cruise ship goes into both as I understand but they now have a zodiac that goes also. If I had one to choose to do the Zodiac or zodiac/ Catamaran in Misty fjord, which would you do. Please correct me if I am wrong that the cruiseship goes into both of these areas.

I booked the Zodiac, hoping we get closer views, the Catamaran is an hour longer, don't know if it spends more time and departs from a different point or departs from the same point with more time.

The Zodiac you are exposed to the weather, the Catamaran you can be inside or on the deck, has a restroom and has hors d’oeuvres .

20 hours ago, Coral said:

I don't know if your ship will go through Misty Fiords but I have done a small boat ride there and was not overly impressed. There is one small section that is scenic, the rest looks like the rest of Alaska (which is scenic but you don't have to pay extra for it).

Agree with you.  We took the Allen Marine tour to Misty Fjords because we wanted to do something we had not done before.  After the trip, we felt the same way about the scenery.