Princess Suites

travelerpair

Many thanks for all the comments about suites as we booked our first suite-in July to Alaska.  Will be celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary.  I often thought the price was too high for our budget but for this occasion, the sky was the limit.  I have always wanted an aft cabin so we could watch the wake.  Won't have to be so concerned about excursions as have been to Alaska several times.  We usually book  CC mini-suites as really enjoy the service of CC dining.  Never been on the GOLDEN so looking to add another Princess ship to our list.  

On 12/20/2019 at 8:01 PM, 2old4this said:

As for water, we were given two bottles everyday whether we drank them or not.  With the WIFI package, I paid while at home $199 for the two weeks, I could use the WIFI one computer or phone at a time.  There were three in my suite which means we bumped each other off the system as we needed to search or send an email.  No problem!  Two of us slept on twins in the bedroom.  Our third on the couch which became a double bed easily and quickly.  All three of us slept well.  The suite balcony is two cabins wide has a table with chairs and two comfortable lounges.  Privacy walls made the balcony a favorite place for coffees and rolls.  Our bathtub had a wild water flow for relaxation and the shower enclosure large for a big person.  People left their wheel chairs and walkers closed up and outside the doorways.  Our cabin staffer was to us and doing our requests as fast as we could think of something to make we three happier.  As I wrote earlier, you make your travel in a suite, it was my first time after many cruises, and the cruise becomes something very special, if for no other reason but space and country club living.  I don't work for Princess.  I know it crossed your mind, dear reader.

1a_HAWAII WITH KIDS.pdf 1.78 MB · 25 downloads

Loved the tour narrative of your trip experience. Especially loved the photo of you with your wife. Looks like we live in close proximity. We will try the bagel.

30 minutes ago, Montana said:

Loved the tour narrative of your trip experience. Especially loved the photo of you with your wife. Looks like we live in close proximity. We will try the bagel.

Yes, less than 10 miles using the Auburn-Folsom Road. I often eat at Cabo's and at the Japanese restaurant across the street.  I'm glad you enjoyed my travelogue.  It was a superb trip and that ride sold me on Princess.

i assume you two are sharing Island Princess in July with me and 2,000 others.  I'm eager to meet you.  Jack Morris

On 12/20/2019 at 9:38 PM, memoak said:

You will get one mini bar setup, free laundry, one embarkation night free speciality dinner, suite breakfast etc. 

Do we need to book a reservation for this ahead of time, we are in a full suite ? Complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on embarkation day

1 minute ago, The Farkles said:

Do we need to book a reservation for this ahead of time, we are in a full suite ? Complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on embarkation day

You can drop by the restaurant after muster if you are worried times but do not reserve prior to boarding as they will charge you for it.  We have always just shown up around 8 and been seated

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

You can drop by the restaurant after muster if you are worried times but do not reserve prior to boarding as they will charge you for it.  We have always just shown up around 8 and been seated

We had an invite when we first entered our suite, the time, and the name of the restaurant.  Nicely done, Princess.  Jack Morris 

1a_HAWAII WITH KIDS.pdf

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

The Farkles, After boarding, I have walked to the specialty restaurant of our choice on embarkation and set up dining time.  

Having not located the invitation but went direct, instead, were you pleased with the restaurant.  I went with the invite and was pleased to meet all my suite guests doing the same.  We were off to a good social meeting right from the first day underway?  Jack 

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

The Farkles, After boarding, I have walked to the specialty restaurant of our choice on embarkation and set up dining time.  

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

17 hours ago, AF-1 said:

That is our standard process.  A few times we asked and we were able to go on a different night.

51 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

we ate at steakhouse.  

11 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

That is our standard process.  A few times we asked and we were able to go on a different night.

Smart move.  Not everyone is ready for steak and lobster on arrival.  Jack

On 1/30/2020 at 9:13 PM, DormMom said:

Many thanks for all the comments about suites as we booked our first suite-in July to Alaska.  Will be celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary.  I often thought the price was too high for our budget but for this occasion, the sky was the limit.  I have always wanted an aft cabin so we could watch the wake.  Won't have to be so concerned about excursions as have been to Alaska several times.  We usually book  CC mini-suites as really enjoy the service of CC dining.  Never been on the GOLDEN so looking to add another Princess ship to our list.  

Enjoy your breakfasts in Sabatini . Such a treat. Club class staff were great in September 2019 when I had my first suite experience. Suite sailing is the best!  Congratulations on your 60th anniversay. 

On 12/22/2019 at 7:41 AM, milolii said:

Club Class  is the next category.   Suite perks::Basically suites have  all the perks of  Club Class  plus the suite perks  

Here is that PDF

https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/club-class/

And a FAQ 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/club-class/ClubClass-FAQ.pdf

I think the suites do not get the 1/2 carafe of wine though.  Not sure. 

Some report that at times, the Window suites can be secured without much difference in cost from Club Class.  These suites are only available on few ships.  The Grand is one, as well as, the Fabulous forward facing window suites on the SKY.  Only two of those. 

Good luck! 

We booked a window suite on CB for about the same price as a mini

we will have our granddaughter with us- age 5-

So while we love a balcony , we are glad not to have that worry while we have her with us. 

This will be our first suite- I’m sure we will love it!

Per the suites brochure at Princess.com (and as someone mentioned already too) Surrounding you with deluxe accommodations, a spacious Suite with balcony includes all the amenities of a Club Class Mini-Suite, plus incredible premiums. So I'm assuming we will get the 1/2 carafes of wine. . .will report back on that one after our Regal cruise in march.

Does the mini-bar setup come with soda, and can we trade stuff out? 

You will get one minibar setup; and if you want to change something just tell room service.  Your cabin steward is not responsible for your frig or mini bar setup.

Edited by AF-1