Cruise Critic Community
beshears

Should I use Carnival transportation

We can get Carnival transportation from Port Miami to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport for $17.00 pp.  I know using them, we will have no problem in getting to the airport on time.  If you have used any other transportation and KNOW that they will get you to the airport in plenty of time for less money, would you let me know who you used?

Only $2 more than a shared shuttle?  Seems cheap.

How many travelling together? You can grab an UberX or Lyft, good for 2-3 plus bags, for about $35 for the car.

I have always used Carnival transportation.  It may be a few more dollars, but I know I won't have anything to worry about, and it's pre-paid, so overall it's just a "less stress" situation.

An advantage of using Carnival buses back to the airport is the buses are very easy to find vs hunting around dozens of unfamiliar vehicles 

20 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

An advantage of using Carnival buses back to the airport is the buses are very easy to find vs hunting around dozens of unfamiliar vehicles 

Easy to find, yes. But for 3 passengers the bus costs $96 compared to about $35+ for UberX. I know which option I would choose. :classic_wink:

You all have given me good advice, and my PVP (first time ever using them instead of a TA) gave me the price.  She knows we will be leaving Port Miami, which I believe it is called, to go to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. As was stated, their bus is much easier to find, than the SVS's that are every where at the port.

According to the Carnival link posted above the cost for the bus from POM to MIA is $17 each, the cost from POM to FLL is $32 each.  Your PVP either misheard you or made a mistake.  I would double check - the bus is an easy, reliable, but expensive option

Personally, we don't like Carnival Transportation because you have to wait on the bus until it's full. I'd rather leave the port and be on my way to the airport than waiting in a bus for who knows how long.

Busses are easy to find but expensive for the short ride, about 20 miles from the port of Miami to Ft.Lauderdale International Airport. 

Thank you for those of you who have responded.  I just went back and read what the PVP had said, but it was from the Port of Miami, to the Miami Airport for that price.  Yes, when I went back and looked, it was $31.99pp from the Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport, so it looks like we need to do Uber or Lyft or something like that.  I have never used them before, so it will be a new experience if we go that direction.  Do I have to have an app to contact them, or is there some other way to contact them?  Sorry, this is all new for me, and I have 8 people depending upon me to get answers for them.

Uber and Lyft require an app. 8 people is an entirely different story...are they all traveling to the same flight, or different airports, flights, etc? Kind of an important details for us to know, you would think, if you want solid answers to your many questions. In the case of 8 people traveling together, I would contact any of the many shuttle companies mentioned here. They would commit a single vehicle to you.

10 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you for those of you who have responded.  I just went back and read what the PVP had said, but it was from the Port of Miami, to the Miami Airport for that price.  Yes, when I went back and looked, it was $31.99pp from the Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport, so it looks like we need to do Uber or Lyft or something like that.  I have never used them before, so it will be a new experience if we go that direction.  Do I have to have an app to contact them, or is there some other way to contact them?  Sorry, this is all new for me, and I have 8 people depending upon me to get answers for them.

For 8 travelling together with bags you will need 2 UberXL vehicles at about $70+ each..  Using a shared shuttle would be cheaper and you might get a group discount off of the standard $15 per person fare. Besides SAS (suggested above by Thinfool) check with QLS, MJS and Go Airport Shuttles.

Yes, sorry I didn't put it out the way I should have, but there will be 8 of us.  Thank you for your suggestions. A belated Merry Christmas to everyone on here, and have a blessed New Year!