Cruise Critic Community
charlielinda

Move Up Email

I booked my cruise in January with a big box agent and haven’t received a move up email.  Is this because of who I used?   I’d love to see what bids are being asked for.  Thanks.  

Edited by charlielinda

It is my understanding that some TAs do not participate in the Move Up, so that’s why you didn’t receive a bid offer.

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

It is my understanding that some TAs do not participate in the Move Up, so that’s why you didn’t receive a bid offer.

THAT big box, where you can also buy everyday items, specifically doesn't participate in MoveUp.

I am sort of new to X, how does this move up bidding work? Is a flat out offer or do you have to submit bids and high bidder wins? We are in AQ in 2021 and I would love to move up to a sky suite for a few hundred $$ more.

27 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I am sort of new to X, how does this move up bidding work? Is a flat out offer or do you have to submit bids and high bidder wins? We are in AQ in 2021 and I would love to move up to a sky suite for a few hundred $$ more.

My experience was that it was a bidding process.  Get this, I had an Aqua Class and the starting bid for. a Royal Suite was $100.  Give me a break!  Then in a couple of days, the price was over a thousand.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

If you look at the invitation the OP posted you will see the minimum bid.   When you click the bid button there is a slid bar and you can choose a bid price between the minimum bid and the Maximum bid. 

The criteria of who wins an upgrade are not published but it is designed to maximize the revenue for Celebrity.    From previous cruises I have once won an upgrade from Aqua to RS on a 3 night cruise for about $500 pp.    I've also bid $800-1,000 pp for an upgrade and didn't win multiple times.  

We got one.  I doubt if I will get it but I offered $100 pp for Aqua.  That being said, another couple bid $75 pp for the same and won.

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

These are the minimum bids we received for our January cruise on Equinox.

move3.thumb.jpg.bd372dda261e987392c1c15016a9b80e.jpg

How many day cruise is this on the equinox.  I’m just trying to see what offers will be on my future 11 day cruise   Or a price point I can expect.  I didn’t pay attention to it my last cruise since I had the rooms I wanted  

I must admit, I was kind of looking forward to this with our upcoming cruise in March. Then I realized the suite cabin locations on the ship are less appealing to me than where my current cabin is. I'm in AQ in a true aft on deck 11 on the Millennium. This is my first aft cabin and don't think what I get with a suite in a different part of the ship is added value to me. 

Certainly lots to consider when upgrading

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

How many day cruise is this on the equinox.  I’m just trying to see what offers will be on my future 11 day cruise   Or a price point I can expect.  I didn’t pay attention to it my last cruise since I had the rooms I wanted  

Ours is a short 5 night cruise.  You may want to check the Move Up sticky at the top of the page.  It has a lot of info on what bids were for different ships, and what winning bids were.

1 hour ago, txflood33 said:

I must admit, I was kind of looking forward to this with our upcoming cruise in March. Then I realized the suite cabin locations on the ship are less appealing to me than where my current cabin is. I'm in AQ in a true aft on deck 11 on the Millennium.

Perhaps!  But, the aft suite on deck six looks pretty nice.  😁

When you do a bid, do you have the option to reject the stateroom location if your bid is accepted?  Before this program, if I was offered an upgrade for an additional fee, I was told the specific cabin location and could decide if it would work for us. We don't want full forward or aft or below public areas.

You also need to keep checking the bid scale as, on one of our cruises coming up, we bid the maximum for a RS and PH because what we paid for our CS plus the bid amounts is way less than what you would pay for either cabin normally, but since then they have upped the maximums, not by much (around £25pp) but enough for you to lose out. I check the maximums at least once a week. Currently there are no RS available but there is a PH.

Strangely the part dealing with the bids in manage your vacation has now disappeared but I was able to revise the bids after it went>

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

7 hours ago, chrismch said:

When you do a bid, do you have the option to reject the stateroom location if your bid is accepted?  Before this program, if I was offered an upgrade for an additional fee, I was told the specific cabin location and could decide if it would work for us. We don't want full forward or aft or below public areas.

You do not have the choice of a specific stateroom and as such, you do not have the option to reject the stateroom if your bid is accepted under the Move Up program. Since you have location preferences, I would suggest you not participate in this program.

If there is a specific stateroom that is of interest to you, and you are serious about moving, the only real alternative for you is to upgrade and pay the difference in cost. This will probably cost you more to upgrade, as opposed to the Move Up program, but you will have your stateroom of choice.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

51 minutes ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

My question would be, say you accept your move-up bid in my case to a balcony room but there is a room with a bigger balcony or a better location, can you then change your room with your TA?

It’s my understanding that you cannot make a change of any kind once your Move Up offer is accepted.

The only changes allowable would be on Celebrity’s end should the cruise be cancelled and your money gets refunded or you are re-assigned to an alternative cruise.

Randy

Perks...in the move up bid process..do you keep the same perks that were on the original booking? 

I booked a guarantee balcony on an upcoming Edge cruise using the Veteran’s Day sale...perks are great, all 4 plus $500 OBC...assigned room, not so much..basically full forward, deck 7...one of the balcony’s with the big round hole you look through from the balcony...i was certain I booked an IV guarantee...no screen shot, not on any paperwork..at least the price is right..