What are onboard benefits for 18-20 year old D+?

We are turning D+ next month.  My son will be sailing with us March 1 on the Anthem.  He turns 18 March 1.  What onboard offers will be loaded on his card?  Will he still get the child offers until he turns 21 or will be he get to use the adult ones sans alcohol? I am hoping he will get the 2 days wifi.

Thanks!

Jess

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

2 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

We are turning D+ next month.  My son will be sailing with us March 1 on the Anthem.  He turns 18 March 1.  What onboard offers will be loaded on his card?  Will he still get the child offers until he turns 21 or will be he get to use the adult ones sans alcohol? I am hoping he will get the 2 days wifi.

Thanks!

Jess

See coupons here: 

All but those coupons involving alcohol will be valid for an 18-year old.

Also, once he turns 18 it is my understanding that minors get whatever status they earn based on their cruise history.  So if he traveled enough for diamond plus, then he gets the same benefits you get, sans alcohol.  (Otherwise,  he goes back down to whatever he earned.)

43 minutes ago, bearette said:

Also, once he turns 18 it is my understanding that minors get whatever status they earn based on their cruise history.  So if he traveled enough for diamond plus, then he gets the same benefits you get, sans alcohol.  (Otherwise,  he goes back down to whatever he earned.)

No.  The child will return the last level they had but revert to their own points. They coukd be diamond with 5 points and then have to work thrives from 5 to 175 to become D+

1 hour ago, bearette said:

I will have 176 pts after next week so will be D+.  My son will also be D+ by inheriting my status even though he only has 42 nights sailed.  He turns 18 on March 1 so will get to keep the D+ but to reach pinnacle he will need get to the full 700 pts himself so will need more 658 pts. He does not get  to keep my pts, just my status.

2 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I will have 176 pts after next week so will be D+.  My son will also be D+ by inheriting my status even though he only has 42 nights sailed.  He turns 18 on March 1 so will get to keep the D+ but to reach pinnacle he will need get to the full 700 pts himself so will need more 658 pts. He does not get  to keep my pts, just my status.

You'll have to let us know after the cruise.  I hear a lot of people ask, but no actual accounts.  Let us know if he keeps Diamond plus or goes back to Diamond. 

3 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

My son reached D+ with his own cruise points a couple years ago when he turned 11.  Just wish royal would give him the same benefits as other D+ cruisers sans alcohol and gambling.  Wonder if he gets solo supplemental pricing when he hits 340 points next year? 

1 hour ago, bearette said:

You'll have to let us know after the cruise.  I hear a lot of people ask, but no actual accounts.  Let us know if he keeps Diamond plus or goes back to Diamond. 

Son will be D+ with his own cruise points.  Even have met cruisers that said their adult children (over 18) received D+ status when mom/dad reached level after child was an adult.  

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

My son reached D+ with his own cruise points a couple years ago when he turned 11.  Just wish royal would give him the same benefits as other D+ cruisers sans alcohol and gambling.  Wonder if he gets solo supplemental pricing when he hits 340 points next year? 

He can't cruise truly solo until he is 21.  If he has earned 340 points on his own by the time he is 21 he will receive the reduced single supplement assuming that benefit remains in 10 years time.  That's the bigger question.  Will DP340 still be a thing 10 years from now?

In theory if he is in an adjacent stateroom solo you might be able to book him with DP340 before he is 21 once he has earned 340 next year.  Try it next year and let everyone know.

1 hour ago, harry0 said:

My grandson took his first cruise earlier this month as a diamond -he is 8 and he did NOT get the free internet, pictures or laundry-just the benefits described above. 

The above posts were referring to what happens when a child turns 18. Until that time they dont get any of those benefits. 

On 12/25/2019 at 7:43 PM, bearette said:

On 12/26/2019 at 6:34 AM, harry0 said:

My grandson took his first cruise earlier this month as a diamond -he is 8 and he did NOT get the free internet, pictures or laundry-just the benefits described above. 

Kids who are D+ by 18 retain that for life but only have their own points. This is clearly stated in the FAQs along with spouses having the same status regardless of someone having less points which many people clearly never bother to read. 

And kids get basically no Diamond benefits. And I have had to remind the LA or DC every time we have cruised that they should be getting a gift. They should get the internet and a photo. There is no reason these are not kid friendly gifts. It's so lame. If you have kids, ask a bartender to swipe their seapass to see what they have as it likely depends on the ship. It will not be presented on a letter in the cabin like it is for adults.