Wonderful Customer Service from HAL !

Hello all - thought I should share with all - and then ask if anyone has experienced similar customer service from either HAL or other cruise lines 

We were booked for the one week Mexican Riviera on the Oosterdam - (first time on HA - although 44 cruise under our belt) ) departing on December 7 - when -  on the day after Thanksgiving my hubby was rushed to the ER - a small cut on his finger had exploded into huge swelling of his forearm and shoulder - to make a long story short - after spending 9 days in the hospital and being diagnosed with a very rate blood bacteria - it was determined that no way could we go on the cruise on Dec 7 (we didn't mind that the itinerary had been changed to spending the first day in San Diego) - been on this itinerary so many times - just wanted to enjoy the SPA, good meals and good service - try HAL for the first time, also since this was a fairly short, inexpensive trip, we did not purchase trip insurance.

One phone call to HAL and they graciously  offered to change our booking to later - we opted for the January 4th, 2020 sailing.  (originally booking was an SB Neptune Aft wrap suite on deck 7 - the best they could do was an SB aft-wrap suite on Deck 4 - which was fine with us - they made the switch in less than a day) 😀

At our follow-up Dr. appointment on Dec 5th  - the Dr. advised that he was too optimistic when he first told us that by the first of the year he would be "good to go" - said that we could not travel (and certainly not out of the country) for at least another 8 weeks! 😥

Another call to HAL - and - guess what - they again, agreed, to transfer our booking (with NO additional cost to us) to a later date.  We are now booked on the February 29, 2020 sailing on the Oosterdam - in an SA Neptune Suite - Deck 7 (near the Neptune Lounge !) 

Has anyone had a similar wonderful customer service experience on HAL - or other cruise lines ??? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's great to hear this kind of information. 

We sailed HAL for the first time last month (out of curiosity and saw a great Neptune Suite price) and have another cruise with them booked this February. Although HAL may not be my favorite or #1 cruise line, I have found their customer service to be outstanding no matter whether you're calling reservations, ship services or Mariner Club. 

My "favorite" lines are not nearly as good pre cruise!

• Thanks 1

We have had some great service from HAL in the past - one of the reasons we stay with them.

Favorite story - one time in Vancouver my Mom fell and crakced her ribs the day before departure (we were already in town).  The local HAL rep  was fantastic - getting us to a nearby doctor, telling us how to get a wheelchair at the last minute and even using the hotel wheelchair (that was not supposed to leave the premises) to get my Mom though everything and onboard quickly.  Sure appreciated that!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Hello all - thought I should share with all - and then ask if anyone has experienced similar customer service from either HAL or other cruise lines 

We were booked for the one week Mexican Riviera on the Oosterdam - (first time on HA - although 44 cruise under our belt) ) departing on December 7 - when -  on the day after Thanksgiving my hubby was rushed to the ER - a small cut on his finger had exploded into huge swelling of his forearm and shoulder - to make a long story short - after spending 9 days in the hospital and being diagnosed with a very rate blood bacteria - it was determined that no way could we go on the cruise on Dec 7 (we didn't mind that the itinerary had been changed to spending the first day in San Diego) - been on this itinerary so many times - just wanted to enjoy the SPA, good meals and good service - try HAL for the first time, also since this was a fairly short, inexpensive trip, we did not purchase trip insurance.

One phone call to HAL and they graciously  offered to change our booking to later - we opted for the January 4th, 2020 sailing.  (originally booking was an SB Neptune Aft wrap suite on deck 7 - the best they could do was an SB aft-wrap suite on Deck 4 - which was fine with us - they made the switch in less than a day) 😀

At our follow-up Dr. appointment on Dec 5th  - the Dr. advised that he was too optimistic when he first told us that by the first of the year he would be "good to go" - said that we could not travel (and certainly not out of the country) for at least another 8 weeks! 😥

Another call to HAL - and - guess what - they again, agreed, to transfer our booking (with NO additional cost to us) to a later date.  We are now booked on the February 29, 2020 sailing on the Oosterdam - in an SA Neptune Suite - Deck 7 (near the Neptune Lounge !) 

Has anyone had a similar wonderful customer service experience on HAL - or other cruise lines ??? 

We have had several similar experiences with HAL Customer Service ... in fact, I honestly cannot recall any of my encounters with HAL CS representatives that were less than 100% satisfactory!!!  Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

• Like 1