Gee - No more Love Boat Theme

Oceansaway17

Watching PTZ out of Ft Lauderdale yesterday and today, I notice the Sky Princess and Pacific Princess did not blow the Love Boat theme.

They just did normal horn.

I noticed the same thing in Vancouver in May one of the ships in port did not blow the theme.

I guess they have stopped doing this?  Gosh I enjoyed hearing it.

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Watching PTZ out of Ft Lauderdale yesterday and today, I notice the Sky Princess and Pacific Princess did not blow the Love Boat theme.

They just did normal horn.

I noticed the same thing in Vancouver in May one of the ships in port did not blow the theme.

I guess they have stopped doing this?  Gosh I enjoyed hearing it.

They did it on the Sky at just about every port and every chance they got.

They usually do it leaving the dock.

Doubt that mic would have picked it up from the condos.

well okay but usually they play it as it is further out and the other camera has it leaving.

Nice to hear they play it closer to the dock as leaving.  But I missed then playing it near the condos.

Instead they used the regular horn.

thanks for the replies.  DCL has their fun horn as well too.

I remember when we were on the Regal a few cruises ago, one of the ships leaving port (non Princess) gave a blast to the Regal, not to be outdone, oh no, the Regal lit them up immediately with the love boat horn, you should have heard the cheers from both ships, it was great.

5 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

They told us people complained about it so they don't do it anymore.

We did pass the Crown on our way back to Port Everglades Friday and blew it for them, but they don't do it anymore.

We were on The Regal at Thanksgiving and we did it at every port 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CallyCruzer said:

I hope they stop. It’s cringe worthy with the cheesy horn blowing and awful music with the safety drill.  Makes me think I am on Carnival. 

Yep, the Regal still blows that cheesy horn every time they get the chance.

They've also turned the muster drill into a carnival atmosphere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Bah! Humbug! :classic_angry: 

Everyone likes different things. Just not my thing.  

Just now, I Love Cruising 3 said:

Exactly.  I prefer a little more sophisticated atmosphere otherwise I would cruise Carnaval

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CallyCruzer said:

I hope they stop. It’s cringe worthy with the cheesy horn blowing and awful music with the safety drill.  Makes me think I am on Carnival. 

Seconded.  (Though Carnival, which owns Princess by the way, doesn't have awful music playing during its drill.)

Bah, humbug me if you wish.

Edited by K.T.B.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CallyCruzer said:

6 minutes ago, I Love Cruising 3 said:

4 minutes ago, CallyCruzer said:

Everyone likes different things. Just not my thing.  

Exactly.  I prefer a little more sophisticated atmosphere otherwise I would cruise Carnaval

3 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

Seconded.  (Though Carnival, which owns Princess by the way, doesn't have awful music playing during its drill.)

Bah, humbug me if you wish.

Some folks take themselves too seriously. How a horn blast that lasts but a few seconds upsets you so much is beyond my comprehension. Carnival atmosphere at the muster drill? Are you actually longing for the days they mustered on deck packed in like sardines? Special note for @K.T.B. Bah Humbug!😁

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Doug R. said:

Some folks take themselves too seriously. How a horn blast that lasts but a few seconds upsets you so much is beyond my comprehension. Carnival atmosphere at the muster drill? Are you actually longing for the days they mustered on deck packed in like sardines? Special note for @K.T.B. Bah Humbug!😁

Never on Princess. You must be thinking of another cruise line.

I said Bah! Humbug! for a reason.  The horn runs about 15 seconds and it makes you feel as if you're on a Carnival Cruise instead?  Some others enjoy the festive atmosphere it provides for those 15 seconds that ruin others' entire cruise.  I understand Cunard is very sophisticated if the horn bothers you that much.  Much ado about nothing...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I said Bah! Humbug! for a reason.  The horn runs about 15 seconds and it makes you feel as if you're on a Carnival Cruise instead?  Some others enjoy the festive atmosphere it provides for those 15 seconds that ruin others' entire cruise.  I understand Cunard is very sophisticated if the horn bothers you that much.  Much ado about nothing...

Again, different strokes for different folks.  I assumed I was free to post my thoughts but as so often on here, people feel the need to attack a person that doesn’t agree with them.  Enjoy your horn blowing Love Boat.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

Carnival still does!  Which is one of the reasons I no longer sail on Carnival.  I rue the day that I even sailed on a Carnival ship back in March.  WORST cruise I've ever been on.  I prefer Celebrity, but I am taking Princess for the itinerary I want in 2021.  I'd rather have my "cheese" on a pizza, thank you. :classic_tongue:

Edited by K.T.B.

6 minutes ago, CallyCruzer said:

Again, different strokes for different folks.  I assumed I was free to post my thoughts but as so often on here, people feel the need to attack a person that doesn’t agree with them.  Enjoy your horn blowing Love Boat.  

My sincerest apologies if I hurt your feelings. :classic_sad:   I thought I was merely posting my thoughts on the matter too.

• Like 2

Sailed on the Sky for her inaugural out of Fort Lauderdale. We were on her for two weeks. Didn't mind the Love Boat theme with the horns sailing out of the different ports but it got real old listening to it during the safety drills.

• Like 3

For our 7 day Western Caribbean on the Sky (7-14 Dec) the Captain did not play the Love Boat theme the first few times in or out of port.  My wife actually was talking to him around the pool deck and asked about it.  He said he had to make a special call and something about the timing of it.  He did promise to get it in, though, and the next port he did about a 5 second blast of the song...never the longer version like he heard on other Royal Class ships.  Just something fun and a way to set the ship apart from everyone else!!

• Like 1

I am glad I started this thread.

I watched the tv show and I like it when the ship plays the horn somg.

Was bummed twice over weekend no horn songs out of Ft L

Hoping it is played for me next year out of Copenhagen on the SKY but I wont hold my breath.

Keep the comments coming and everyone have a nice holiday which ever one you celebrate.

Toodles

EXCITING AND NEW..... COME ABOARD.....

• Like 5