Wine Wine WIne

Empehi

This just dawned on me and maybe somebody who has been in a PH can answer it.  Instead of me bringing a few bottles of wine and bottle of tequila for a little pre-dinner, while we get ready, cocktail can I have my Butler bring it?  Seems I recall the Butlers had a small bar on the PH deck and would make pre-dinner cocktails for you.  We will get the full beverage package and it seems I recall that included room service and I assume the Butler service?   

We were in an OC on Marina when we had a small cocktail party in the suite.  The butler brought all the drinks ... I am sure (although I'm no expert so take my comment for what it is -- or may not be -- worth) this would be the same for a PH.

Not sure if having a package (or not) would be a factor.  I wouldn't think so.  In the case of our cocktail party none of us had a package, so if I'm remembering correctly we all signed chits at some point in the evening.

21 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The Butler regularly delivers us drinks to our PH. They know if you’re on the Prestige Package or not, and act accordingly.

Perfect, I might just skip the booze shopping stop on the way to the port and tip my Butler a little extra.  

11 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Wrong cruise line for that. Bribing crew to steal from the company is a great way to lose someone their job.

They said they had the full beverage package so they aren't stealing anything...just using their butler to bring drinks. 

15 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Wrong cruise line for that. Bribing crew to steal from the company is a great way to lose someone their job.

What are you talking about?  Is that how you get to 5,000 posts by just randomly posting stuff without reading prior posts?  

4 minutes ago, schmerl said:

They said they had the full beverage package so they aren't stealing anything...just using their butler to bring drinks. 

Thank you, at least somebody reads prior posts and not just grabs a quote they think they (mis) understand.  

25 minutes ago, schmerl said:

Mea Culpa. Taking the two posts together, I wrongly assumed s/he was considering not getting the package if extra tipping would work.

13 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Mea Culpa. Taking the two posts together, I wrongly assumed s/he was considering not getting the package if extra tipping would work.

Apology accepted.   BTW: I'm a he and live about 50 miles from Point Richmond.   

For those unfamiliar with Oceania, the wine glasses and drink glasses provided in your cabins are entirely different from those utilized in the various bars and dining venues. If you take a drink out of your cabin your actions are immediately recognizable by both the crew and fellow passengers.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Seashoregal said:

Could my husband bring a bottle of scotch on board to consume in our room, or can it only be wine? Ty!

You really need to start perusing the Oceania forums. This and all your upcoming questions have been asked and answered many times. Might I suggest that you search first and ask later?

You can bring as much wine and spirits as you want. Spirits can only be consumed in your cabin. Unopened wine can be brought to meals for a $25 corkage fee (gratuity included and unfinished bottle will be stored for your later use at no additional cost).

One important thing: PLEASE do not pour your personal wine or spirits in a glass and then take it to dinner/public space/etc. hope by to avoid bar charges. Oceania's personal booze policy is very generous and we want to keep it that way.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LadyCoco2017 said:

I could not find a policy that I includes "spirts" the info I have read from Oceania states "wine".  Hoping you can clarify - thanks

In reality Oceania does not distinguish between the two provided that you obide by their policies of onboard consumption of both.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LadyCoco2017 said:

I could not find a policy that I includes "spirts" the info I have read from Oceania states "wine".  Hoping you can clarify - thanks

If it was me I would listen to those that have been on multiple Oceania cruises over the years. It's kind of like Don't Ask, Don't Tell.