hotel in naples

CruzinQs

I don't know this hotel/B&B but I know the neighborhood very well, having spent months in an apartment on the same small street.

First, know that the street views on google maps are not of this section of Calata San Marco, something is screwed up in their system for this one block.  If you click on the street view of Via Media at Calata San Marco (the metro entrance will be on the right) you can see down the street (it's more like an alley really, pedestrian only at that point) but if you try and click on the street view of the address it takes you to the part of the street that is south of Via Depretis.

I love the location but I can understand that some people could be put off by the area.  It's a transitional neighborhood with many immigrants from various countries, particularly from Korea and parts of Africa.    It's actually funny to go into the local small markets and see rows of Korean foods alongside pasta and other Italian goods.

You can easily walk to most sites in the historic center or jump on the #1 metro at the stop just at the corner from your address.

Another option to consider might be the Mercure Napoli Centro Angioino.  I've stayed there twice (at euro cruiser's recommendation) and it is close enough to the cruise port to walk, if you have reasonable luggage. A very modern, reasonable, and comfortable place to stay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...