Mitsugirly needed to ESCAPE from the cold weather

mitsugirly

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 7:46 PM, mitsugirly said:

One of the great reviewers on cc is Gambee. I love his reviews and he has a camera that takes these weird photo's that makes them look like a painting...well kinda.

I really miss Gambee's reviews!  His and yours are my absolute favorite.  Since he started school full time, got married & graduated, we don't hear much from him anymore.  A real bummer. 

• Like 1

Thanks for another review.  The munchkin is all grown up and by the next cruise she may be taller than you. 😆 We've watched her grow up right here on CC.  I remember your Breakaway review a few months ago that had you surprised in the many changes at NCL and service going down hill.  I wanted to ask you if you thought that cruise was a fluke but I think I know the answer.  Your service at Cagneys this cruise was so bad it was almost comical.  I am taking my first NCL cruise in 5 years next month.  I wonder if I will see such drastic changes.

Thank you for all the time and information you put in your reviews! The photos are wonderful and your narrating skills are excellent. Like others here I have been following you for years. Sakari is certainly a beautiful young lady and so talented! You are a great mom:)

We haven't been able to cruise the past 2 years due to caring for my ailing mother. So now I live vicariously through your reviews. Can't wait for your the spring break cruise. The family drama with the DD is quite entertaining! I hope your recovery continues swiftly so you can enjoy the Oasis!!!

Edited by ZonaCruiser

So all caught up.  Great review Kim.  Thank you for always doing these.

Weird about that couple staring.  When that happens to me and my family, I will subtly stare back until they stop.  Not with a mean look, but kind of a "Why are you staring at me?" look, and they usually stop.

Anyway,  can't wait for your Oasis review.  Can you post here when you start you review?

I finally got caught up. 

I save all my comments to the end so I can continue reading.

Yout your in Cozumel sounds like a real cluster ****. I bet they get a kick back from those many stores you passed hoping people stop to shop on their way. That is the only thing that would come close to making any sense.  I loved the pics of the dogs, my dog is actually a rescue from Cozumel, she is my baby and is so cute but she is a devil. She is part whippet and has border collie colouring and personality of a chuiwawa.  Her name is Lexi from Mexi😀. We love her so much, our friends say “that dog came from the slums of Mexico to the palace in Canada”. To say she is a princess would be a huge under estimate.  She rules!

I am like you regarding Cancun and am paranoid about things there but truly feel safe in Cozumel. I think all of the Islands you should always be aware and keep eyes in the back of your hair though. I often think about the time that Billy got drugged at that bar when you were all off snorkeling, where was that again?  Anyways I think every tourist is a target and he made himself a real one by pulling out a wad of cash out of his pocket. True No No in the Caribbean, I hope he doesn’t do that anymore. I also think that may have been his first time joining y’all.  I also think that if I was in your group I would have freaked. I admire how you all just dragged him back to the shuttle and just carried on. 

I often wandered what you all mean when seeing Canadian Bacon on menu’s etc.because as far as I’m concerned our bacon is the same kind you eat but when you described it I have now figured it out, it is actually peameal bacon. Not a regular thing as your bacon is the same as our bacon unless you see peameal bacon. 

The name of your wine made me laugh and can’t believe no one has mentioned it but I’d be curious what you read if you google “ménage a trois”. I don’t think that name would pass in Canada on a bottle of wine.  

Ok so I have always known that Sakari has very unique artistic abilities with her drawings (and I really think she should trademark “Remi” hey there is talent there and who knows it could be a future Elmo and instantly turn little SakRi into a multi Kazillionaire because every kid would need one at Christmas. BUT the Furry she made just blew it to the top of admiration. Holy crap that kid is amazing. No way could there be many kids her age making furry’s from scratch so freaking good. I won’t believe it!  She is in a league if her own and always has been. It’s surreal to think that we have watched her grow up so much. 

Excuse me but of course nobody exits  out of your reviews before the end I for one read right to the end and even months later when they resurrect with a question from someone. 

I really hope you continue to heal and are in tip top shape for Oasis in April. 

Thank you once again for a great review. 

I can’t wait to hear what you think of Oasis!

• Like 1

What a great review as usual! I haven't been on cruise critic in quite a while so I was pleasantly surprised to find this. I've got a bunch of your reviews to catch up on.

I just booked the Pearl for August. I think it may have been updated since your last cruise on her. I haven't been on one of the smaller ships since 2012ish, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Thank you for taking the time to post. Hope you are feeling all better soon.

16 hours ago, EasyPeasy said:

I really miss Gambee's reviews!  His and yours are my absolute favorite.  Since he started school full time, got married & graduated, we don't hear much from him anymore.  A real bummer. 

I havent seen him here in quite some time but he does have a website too. Maybe putting his time and effort there instead?

17 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Really? In October. Hmmm....I guess I won't break it to the hubby that he didn't change things for everyone after all. But I didn't see it the entire week we were on until he said something.

Oh, I wouldn't tell him -- let him have his fun! Next time you're on NCL, maybe he'll see Crispy Bacon again and get to take credit for it.

Perhaps they don't make it every day, and decided to put it out because he said something. Maybe what he said will lead to fleet-wide crispy bacon. You never know! 😄

Edited by dcipjr

18 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Taking note about the skating rink. We did it on the Freedom and I believe that was Spring Break as well. We were able to get in but went early as you suggested.

How many cruises do you have to go on Carnival to start getting laundry? #lifegoals

I didn't notice any whipped cream. Of course I really wasn't looking for it either. But I LOVE that stuff!

I hope you have a wonderful Escape Spring Break.

Carnival platinum is by points now. It used to be by number of cruises, so I was grandfathered in at 10 cruises. Now, its 75 points I believe. The laundry is the best perk aside from quick embarkation and debarkation and priority tendering. I'm 14 points away from platinum on NCL so maybe after this Spring break one. My kids should already be platinum on NCL but they dont count it yet. Lucky them gets to go on cruises separately with both parents since we are now divorced. Like Sakari, they have grown up cruising. My 14 year-old just hit 27 cruises and my 11 year-old-23. Enjoy your Oasis cruise. It really is a grand ship and Sakari will have a great time on the zipline and surfing thing. I hope your leg heals before then. 

Enjoyed the review (as usual!).  Thank you for your time and effort.  Glad that you were able to cruise again!  Good luck with the rest of your rehab,  Looking forward to your review of the Oasis in the spring!

20 hours ago, EasyPeasy said:

Aww thanks. Yea, I haven't read one of his reviews in a long time and I do remember him writing one on the Oasis. I may have to go back and read it although I'm sure things have changed a bit especially after the remodel.

20 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Thanks for another review.  The munchkin is all grown up and by the next cruise she may be taller than you. 😆 We've watched her grow up right here on CC.  I remember your Breakaway review a few months ago that had you surprised in the many changes at NCL and service going down hill.  I wanted to ask you if you thought that cruise was a fluke but I think I know the answer.  Your service at Cagneys this cruise was so bad it was almost comical.  I am taking my first NCL cruise in 5 years next month.  I wonder if I will see such drastic changes.

That's what I'm worried about...she'll be as tall or taller than me by the next cruise. These last few years have passed by so quickly and it's hard to believe she's not the little one that I used to post about on here.

I honestly think the Breakaway went "not so good" because of the amount of people on there. But the service, it just hasn't been the greatest on either of the last two NCL cruises. I don't know if it's the time of the year or what. We usually cruise at the busiest times (Spring Break, Summer, Christmas) and that could be part of it, but still no excuse. I don't run in to this many issues with service on RC or Carnival.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and better experience with the service on your upcoming cruise!

20 hours ago, ZonaCruiser said:

Thank you for all the time and information you put in your reviews! The photos are wonderful and your narrating skills are excellent. Like others here I have been following you for years. Sakari is certainly a beautiful young lady and so talented! You are a great mom:)

We haven't been able to cruise the past 2 years due to caring for my ailing mother. So now I live vicariously through your reviews. Can't wait for your the spring break cruise. The family drama with the DD is quite entertaining! I hope your recovery continues swiftly so you can enjoy the Oasis!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words.

DD is still trying to decide if she's going. She told me to book the other night but then yesterday, after checking prices on flight, she's unsure. It's just so expensive to fly and cruise during Spring Break but I took one year off that we didn't go anywhere for SB and it was terrible. I was reading and hearing about everyone's SB in the family or friends and I said "never again, I'm going from here on out!" LOL

17 hours ago, EasyPeasy said:

So all caught up.  Great review Kim.  Thank you for always doing these.

Weird about that couple staring.  When that happens to me and my family, I will subtly stare back until they stop.  Not with a mean look, but kind of a "Why are you staring at me?" look, and they usually stop.

Anyway,  can't wait for your Oasis review.  Can you post here when you start you review?

Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed it.

Trust me, I did stare back a few times but it didn't do any good.

I will definitely come back and post a link to the Oasis cruise when I return and get started.

17 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

Thank you so much for your review. I always love following your family, and I look forward to catching you on the RCCL board in a few months. I wish you continued healing on your foot ❤

Thank you for the comments and continued healing on my foot thoughts. Catch on the RCCL boards soon.

16 hours ago, pbxtech said:

Thanks  for another great review. I always enjoy them.

Thanks so  much

15 hours ago, JoeTec said:

Thank you for taking the time to do all of your reviews.  They are so entertaining & helpful when I plan my cruises.

You are welcome and glad you find them entertaining and most of all helpful.

15 hours ago, ZoeyRox said:

Thanks for this amazing review. It was very entertaining and I loved checking in every day for updates. Can’t wait til your next cruise. 

Aww, thanks and glad you enjoyed it.

14 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

I finally got caught up. 

I save all my comments to the end so I can continue reading.

Yout your in Cozumel sounds like a real cluster ****. I bet they get a kick back from those many stores you passed hoping people stop to shop on their way. That is the only thing that would come close to making any sense.  I loved the pics of the dogs, my dog is actually a rescue from Cozumel, she is my baby and is so cute but she is a devil. She is part whippet and has border collie colouring and personality of a chuiwawa.  Her name is Lexi from Mexi😀. We love her so much, our friends say “that dog came from the slums of Mexico to the palace in Canada”. To say she is a princess would be a huge under estimate.  She rules!

I am like you regarding Cancun and am paranoid about things there but truly feel safe in Cozumel. I think all of the Islands you should always be aware and keep eyes in the back of your hair though. I often think about the time that Billy got drugged at that bar when you were all off snorkeling, where was that again?  Anyways I think every tourist is a target and he made himself a real one by pulling out a wad of cash out of his pocket. True No No in the Caribbean, I hope he doesn’t do that anymore. I also think that may have been his first time joining y’all.  I also think that if I was in your group I would have freaked. I admire how you all just dragged him back to the shuttle and just carried on. 

I often wandered what you all mean when seeing Canadian Bacon on menu’s etc.because as far as I’m concerned our bacon is the same kind you eat but when you described it I have now figured it out, it is actually peameal bacon. Not a regular thing as your bacon is the same as our bacon unless you see peameal bacon. 

The name of your wine made me laugh and can’t believe no one has mentioned it but I’d be curious what you read if you google “ménage a trois”. I don’t think that name would pass in Canada on a bottle of wine.  

Ok so I have always known that Sakari has very unique artistic abilities with her drawings (and I really think she should trademark “Remi” hey there is talent there and who knows it could be a future Elmo and instantly turn little SakRi into a multi Kazillionaire because every kid would need one at Christmas. BUT the Furry she made just blew it to the top of admiration. Holy crap that kid is amazing. No way could there be many kids her age making furry’s from scratch so freaking good. I won’t believe it!  She is in a league if her own and always has been. It’s surreal to think that we have watched her grow up so much. 

Excuse me but of course nobody exits  out of your reviews before the end I for one read right to the end and even months later when they resurrect with a question from someone. 

I really hope you continue to heal and are in tip top shape for Oasis in April. 

Thank you once again for a great review. 

I can’t wait to hear what you think of Oasis!

Yea, they probably do get a kick back only they'll never profit off me because I never do much shopping and never when I'm out on a tour. We didn't have a choice with buy drinks and food on this one though.

Oh my gosh! I love the Lexi from Mexi! How cute! I know they have an adoption program in Aruba and I have always wondered how the program works and getting them back to where you live. Is it a long process?

Yea, where Billy got drugged at the bar when we went scuba diving was in Roatan on West Bay. This was not his first cruise. I want to say he's been on 11 now. He also cruised before our family ever came along and he got together with Kendra. So, he's not a newbie for sure. Yea, we do what we gotta do and just go about our business. LOL

Yea, Canadian bacon is just the name of it and not where it's from. It's just like ham as far as I'm concerned and I don't like ham or the consistency of it so I don't like Canadian bacon either. It looks like ham for sure.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Stuff/Stuff/i-KHpcJF3/0/44e94511/O/canadian%20bacon.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Stuff/Stuff/i-K2TVvDz/0/cbdedb63/O/bb.png

LOL at the name of the wine. I know what it means but never even noticed that being on the bottle. LOL

Yea, the other kids aren't making the furries by scrap and using all the materials that she does but they are taking the dino mask, painting them and adding things like fur and stuff like that to make a costume head. She has a group of friends that her and them are working on their furry costumes today (they are out of school today). They just have the dino mask of course. She's loaded down with foam and glue sticks today. LOL

Aww, thanks for the kind words about people sticking around until the end. I appreciate it.

13 hours ago, ncklhaus said:

What a great review as usual! I haven't been on cruise critic in quite a while so I was pleasantly surprised to find this. I've got a bunch of your reviews to catch up on.

I just booked the Pearl for August. I think it may have been updated since your last cruise on her. I haven't been on one of the smaller ships since 2012ish, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Thank you for taking the time to post. Hope you are feeling all better soon.

Thank you and glad you found me on here.

I hope you have a wonderful Pearl cruise in August. She was the 3rd NCL ship we cruised once we started cruising again. I really do like the smaller ships. It seems like no one is on them.

6 hours ago, Chicopee said:

Thanks for a great review!!  

You're welcome!

4 hours ago, dltvermont said:

I havent seen him here in quite some time but he does have a website too. Maybe putting his time and effort there instead?

I don't think he's done anything on his website lately either.

3 hours ago, dcipjr said:

Oh, I wouldn't tell him -- let him have his fun! Next time you're on NCL, maybe he'll see Crispy Bacon again and get to take credit for it.

Perhaps they don't make it every day, and decided to put it out because he said something. Maybe what he said will lead to fleet-wide crispy bacon. You never know! 😄

Haha, we'll be looking for that crispy bacon sign next time on NCL trust me.

3 hours ago, purpleally said:

👏👏👏👏👏💚💚💚💚

thank you!

Thanks so much.

3 hours ago, Lem_On_Ade said:

Thank you for another great review! I'm actually doing that same jeep tour in Cozumel next week and a little bit worried now. I'm sorry it wasn't what you hoped it would be, crossing my fingers that they were just having a bad day 😏

Thanks for following. I hope you have a great experience with the jeep tour. It has nothing but excellent reviews and being the best excursion people have been on. So, I think mine was a fluke and it was my tour guide. She made it sound like she wasn't supposed to be the guide and she was just the person that was meeting us there to take us to the jeep. I think it threw her off as well.

2 hours ago, zencruisers said:

Another great review. Great pics and commentary as usual. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, Julienatul said:

Carnival platinum is by points now. It used to be by number of cruises, so I was grandfathered in at 10 cruises. Now, its 75 points I believe. The laundry is the best perk aside from quick embarkation and debarkation and priority tendering. I'm 14 points away from platinum on NCL so maybe after this Spring break one. My kids should already be platinum on NCL but they dont count it yet. Lucky them gets to go on cruises separately with both parents since we are now divorced. Like Sakari, they have grown up cruising. My 14 year-old just hit 27 cruises and my 11 year-old-23. Enjoy your Oasis cruise. It really is a grand ship and Sakari will have a great time on the zipline and surfing thing. I hope your leg heals before then. 

Oh ok. So, kinda like NCL as well and the points go by the amount of days cruised. I think I only have 7 cruises that total 50 points at this point. I have a long way to go with Carnival. lol

I think our 11 year olds might have the same amount of cruises at this point. Sakari's is around that I think a maybe a few less since we've been doing land vacations several years in a row and will probably do one this summer as well.

She's looking forward to the ziplining but hasn't said much about the surfing yet. She did go and watch when we were on the Freedom and didn't mention anything about trying it out. So, we'[ll see.

They told me a good solid 9 months to heal, so the leg won't be healed by then. :(

1 minute ago, Sadebud said:

Enjoyed the review (as usual!).  Thank you for your time and effort.  Glad that you were able to cruise again!  Good luck with the rest of your rehab,  Looking forward to your review of the Oasis in the spring!

Thanks and glad you enjoyed it and see you over on RCCL in April with my Oasis review hopefully.

• Like 1

loved your review!  Glad to look forward to your next one too.  Oasis class not likely to be one that I will choose in the future, but I never say never, and no matter what ship, or itinerary, will always love to follow your review, and your adventures with the family! Thanks again.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:23 PM, mitsugirly said:

Well, I don't drink coffee and although the hubby does, he just drinks whatever they have in the buffet or MDR or O'Sheehans. I do know they have a specialty coffee area I believe. Maybe it was in the place where you get the danishes or cupcakes at the Atrium Cafe. They have Starbucks coffee there for sure because I did see the cups.

Yes, hubby did do the coffee in the room once I believe. I don't think he cared for it. lol

Thanks for the (near) info 🙂

I'll try to remember to post something if I find "The Good (coffee) Place".

Thanks for the in depth review.  I'm getting hungry looking at the food photos.

6 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Oh my gosh! I love the Lexi from Mexi! How cute! I know they have an adoption program in Aruba and I have always wondered how the program works and getting them back to where you live. Is it a long process?

Yea, Canadian bacon is just the name of it and not where it's from. It's just like ham as far as I'm concerned and I don't like ham or the consistency of it so I don't like Canadian bacon either. 

Yea, the other kids aren't making the furries by scrap and using all the materials that she does but they are taking the dino mask, painting them and adding things like fur and stuff like that to make a costume head. She has a group of friends that her and them are working on their furry costumes today (they are out of school today). They just have the dino mask of course. She's loaded down with foam and glue sticks today. LOL

So I found Lexi from Mexi by searching on pet rescue dot.com and she was already rescued from Mexico from a rescue place in Canada and I picked her up from a foster about 4 hours from home she was six months old and had been at the foster for a few months.  I believe they are in contact with the Humaine Society in Cozumel and the rescue took place between those two orgs. There are many dogs listed on the site that need homes from Canada and the US. I was willing to travel to US as well but Lexi was the first little one that came up and I knew she had to be mine.  It was like adopting a child they really are thorough in making sure the dog was going to a safe place, they even sent someone to inspect my home and I had to provide 3 references and they phoned those people and interviewed them. 

She came with a few health issues and we had to deal with those but nothing major and we were so happy to have her it didn’t matter. However, she caught meningitis two years ago and we almost lost her she was very close to death but we got her to a neurologist just in time he saved her life after 14k in costs though but I told him it didn’t matter just fix her. Hence why I haven’t cruised in a couple of years😀

I hope you send pictures of the furries that were created today.