Mitsugirly needed to ESCAPE from the cold weather

mitsugirly

On 1/24/2020 at 2:23 AM, perfect match said:

I’m finally caught up - again. I thought my life would slow down some after the holidays, but I think I’ve been even busier than before. I sit down to try and read, I fall asleep!  

I have this same problem. LOL

I’m really happy for you that you were able to go on this cruise, and how well you were able to do so much on the cruise, especially the diving! 

Me too! I was so excited that I was able to dive. It was my number 1 priority and I was going to be so heartbroken if I didn't get to do it.

Now that you’re pretty much done with this review, I’m sure you’re busy planning for Oasis. Remember that your cruise planner is your best friend. Keep checking frequently. There is no set times that show reservations become available. You are only able to book each show once. Book all of the shows as soon as you can. You can always change the reservations or cancel them once you are on board if what you booked in advance doesn’t work for you.

What are the shows listed under (category)? I keep looking but I'm really not sure what to look for and where.

So I you can only book the show once, how are people seeing some twice? Do you just standby during a night to see if there's room? Just wondering.

Also, keep checking prices for things like internet if you’re planning to buy it, and drink or soda packages. Remember, Oasis has Freestyle Coke machines, so there is a lot of variety as to what is available. We think it’s way easier than carrying on your own. Excursions, too. Don’t look at the % off they’re offering. Look at the final price. If you see a price you like, book it. If the price drops, you can always cancel and rebook at the lower price. If you used OBC for your purchase, it goes back on your account immediately. Charges to my credit card have shown up within a day or two.

We do want to purchase the soda package (and possibly the juice package for Sakari) and maybe 1 internet with the soda (since it's a little cheaper combining them). Even though I ALWAYS buy the soda package on every ship I go on, I still always bring my own as well.  RCCL still allows you to do this right?

Booking excursions (we probably won't do any "actual" excursions with the cruise line, but we do want to book the zipline and coaster in Labadee) do they have deals/reductions on the Labadee excursions?

If you book, don't they ask for payment at the time you book? (Since you mentioned you can book and then rebook at a lower price). How does that all work?   And how do you use OBC during booking? If I book now, the OBC won't be there until we board.

Once you book something, it will show up in your order history. You can cancel or modify it from there as needed. Entertainment reservations and excursions will also show up in your cruise calendar. You can also add your own events to the calendar.

Sign up for your Meet & Mingle. It is run by Royal Caribbean. The ones we’ve been to have been fun. We have won some logo merchandise, free internet, wine, I can’t remember what else right now. 

Really? RC does the Meet & Mingles? Interesting. I may have to attend. How do we find out about it? Roll call?

The Crown & Anchor top tier event is usually held in the AquaTheater, often right after the M&M. When we have been to that event, we enjoyed a preview of the AquaTheater show. If you don’t get an invite for some reason, watch from your balcony. 

Watch for for the iSkate show in addition to the regular ice skating show, and the second show in the AquaTheater, too. I can’t remember the name of that one right now. It will be listed in your cruise compass and should also show up in the app.

What's the iSkate show? Is that different than the regular skating show? Do you need reservations for it?

The AquaTheater show...are there 2 that are the exact same or are both shows different?

Walk around the aft end of the ship on the jogging track on deck 5. Sometimes, the curtains will be open and you can see into the AquaTheater pool from the back side. You will also see the locker where they store the tanks the safety divers for the AquaTheater shows use. 

That's some cool info. I'll have to try this.

CATS, some people hate it. I want to speak for those of us who love it. At the very least, Sakari will enjoy the costumes. Not the same as the Furries she is so involved with, but interesting none the less. The performances we have seen on both of our Oasis cruises were very well done. We even went to watch some of the performers doing their cabaret shows, totally different from Cats! There’s a reason the show ran for 18 years and 7,485 performances on Broadway, and a revival of the show will be opening on Broadway this summer.  Give it a chance and you may just find yourself loving the show just as much as we do. 

I don’t know why my text font size changed all of a sudden in my previous paragraph.  Sorry about that. I’m not trying to change it now because I’d probably end up deleting the whole long post. 😱

We will definitely try the CATS show and see how she feels about it. But, 1 1/2 hours long is a little much, so we probably won't last that long.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice

On 1/24/2020 at 6:32 AM, CoasterGuy said:

Thank you Kim for another great review. I always enjoy them. I was on a bahamas cruise two weeks ago and the TG6 has been a good camera for the beach and in the water so far. Can't wait to take it snorkeling on a future cruise. 

I'm booked for Carnival Mardi Gras (rollercoaster!! new ship!!) for Halloween of next year, and that cruise is doing Cozumel/Costa Maya/Roatan as well. I've already looked at some of your past reviews there on your website and as it gets closer and I start planning more I am sure your website will be a great resource.

I'm annoyed for you at some of the crappier things that happened in this review. Don't need to rehash them all, but my goodness the "service" you got at the "specialty" restaurant on the last evening. Ghee whiz. And them closing the ropes course, and then day 7 the weather really was bad to legit keep it closed. ugh. But it is a cruise and I know you all had fun. Looking forward to your Oasis review. Hooray for crispy bacon!

You're welcome and glad you enjoyed it.

Isn't the TG6 amazing? I hope you get some awesome pictures on your Halloween cruise. I have always wanted to do a Halloween cruise. It sounds like so much fun! I'm going to have to plan one.

Hopefully the website will give you some great ideas and provides to be helpful in your planning.

Yea, the service was off and on this cruise but we made the most of it and the food was good as always!

Sakari did get to do the ropes course once, but I didn't get any pictures because we were getting dressed for something and she said she was going to go up and see if they were open that night and I guess they were and she went and it was too late by the time we got up there...she was done. 😞  But at least she got to go once.

Crispy bacon= ❤️

3 hours ago, jenseib said:

Another fantastic review!  Thanks!

Thanks and glad you enjoyed it.

22 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

What are the shows listed under (category)? I keep looking but I'm really not sure what to look for and where.

When you are logged into your Cruise Planner the shows will be under the ONBOARD ACTIVITIES header.  There's really no rhyme or reason when they open up the reservations.  Usually it's somewhere 30-90 out from the cruise..so you almost need to check it every single day.

header.thumb.png.5cc7c5cecbaa5f7204117c7c9a65cc4b.png

So I you can only book the show once, how are people seeing some twice? Do you just standby during a night to see if there's room? Just wondering.

Yup..you can show up as standby and take a seat if they are available. 

Even though I ALWAYS buy the soda package on every ship I go on, I still always bring my own as well.  RCCL still allows you to do this right?

Yes, you can take on 2 bottles of wine per cabin and up to 12 bottles/can of nonalcoholic drinks (up to 17oz each).

Booking excursions (we probably won't do any "actual" excursions with the cruise line, but we do want to book the zipline and coaster in Labadee) do they have deals/reductions on the Labadee excursions?

I always fine it's cheaper to book ahead.  You can also cancel and repurchase if you notice a price drop with Royal.

The coaster was sooooo much fun for me at Labadee.  I got the all day pass in advance for cheaper than they were selling single rides on the island.  They do adhere to the age limit so Sakari won't be able to ride solo.

Really? RC does the Meet & Mingles? Interesting. I may have to attend. How do we find out about it? Roll call?

You will get an invitation to it onboard.  Usually it's held around 10am on the first sea day, about 30 mins before the top tier/past guest party.  They held the top tier party in Studio B when I was on Oasis for Thanksgiving and had free drinks and a mini ice show demonstration, so that's worth going to if you're into that.

What's the iSkate show? Is that different than the regular skating show? Do you need reservations for it?

The AquaTheater show...are there 2 that are the exact same or are both shows different?

They usually have 2 different ice shows.  One is a reservations show and the other (iSkate) doesn't require reservations.  They should have a paper with all the show times on them when you board so you can have a quick reference.  The aquatheater's reservations show is Aqua80s.  Then they usually have a less formal show that doesn't require reservations later on.

If you take deck 7 alllll the way aft there's a balcony area that you can watch the aquatheater shows from the sidelines..no reservations needed..so if you feel like catching a peek at night...

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

When you are logged into your Cruise Planner the shows will be under the ONBOARD ACTIVITIES header.  There's really no rhyme or reason when they open up the reservations.  Usually it's somewhere 30-90 out from the cruise..so you almost need to check it every single day.

header.thumb.png.5cc7c5cecbaa5f7204117c7c9a65cc4b.png

Yup..you can show up as standby and take a seat if they are available. 

Yes, you can take on 2 bottles of wine per cabin and up to 12 bottles/can of nonalcoholic drinks (up to 17oz each).

So glad to hear they still allow you to bring pop onboard. I assume you have to carry it on or can you pack it and check it in? I always forget. 

I always fine it's cheaper to book ahead.  You can also cancel and repurchase if you notice a price drop with Royal.

So when you book ahead, don't they require you to pay for it right then?

The coaster was sooooo much fun for me at Labadee.  I got the all day pass in advance for cheaper than they were selling single rides on the island.  They do adhere to the age limit so Sakari won't be able to ride solo.

Well guess what....Sakari will be 12 ON THAT DAY!!! Woo Hoo! She'll be able to do it on her own. 

You will get an invitation to it onboard.  Usually it's held around 10am on the first sea day, about 30 mins before the top tier/past guest party.  They held the top tier party in Studio B when I was on Oasis for Thanksgiving and had free drinks and a mini ice show demonstration, so that's worth going to if you're into that.

I just signed up but it says you have to have 25 people for them to have it. So far, we are the only one's signed up. 😞 

They usually have 2 different ice shows.  One is a reservations show and the other (iSkate) doesn't require reservations.  They should have a paper with all the show times on them when you board so you can have a quick reference.  The aquatheater's reservations show is Aqua80s.  Then they usually have a less formal show that doesn't require reservations later on.

If you take deck 7 alllll the way aft there's a balcony area that you can watch the aquatheater shows from the sidelines..no reservations needed..so if you feel like catching a peek at night...

Thanks so much for ALL the very useful information. You're amazing! I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

So when you book ahead, don't they require you to pay for it right then?

Yes, you have to pay for it when you book it.  It's refundable, though, so if you see a lower price, just cancel it and they'll refund your credit card.  Re-book it and pay again.  My credit card processes refunds pretty fast, so we have seen the refund in 2-3 days.  Others report it taking longer.  I think Royal says 5-10 days to be safe.  I cancel and re-book in the same minute or so, so technically for a few days I have paid for it twice, but the refund always shows up.

If you have on-board credit, some will show up right away that you can use it in your cruise planner and that refunds right away so you can just reuse that credit to book again.  Other types don't show up until you are on the ship (we always have only had onboard credit that came from our travel agent, so that is the kind that doesn't show up until on the ship), so you can't use that to book pre-purchases.  Our travel agent gives us refundable credit, so it just credits to our credit card when we get off the ship (assuming we didn't use it for anything while aboard).  It's all about playing around with the electronic nature and timing of money, but it always works out right in the end for us.

The folks on the Royal board with more experience with other types of on-board credit can help you figure out which ones show up in your cruise planner ahead of time and which don't show up until you are on board.  And some are refundable and some are not, so they can help you figure that part out, too.  

1 hour ago, acpalmer said:

Yes, you have to pay for it when you book it.  It's refundable, though, so if you see a lower price, just cancel it and they'll refund your credit card.  Re-book it and pay again.  My credit card processes refunds pretty fast, so we have seen the refund in 2-3 days.  Others report it taking longer.  I think Royal says 5-10 days to be safe.  I cancel and re-book in the same minute or so, so technically for a few days I have paid for it twice, but the refund always shows up.

If you have on-board credit, some will show up right away that you can use it in your cruise planner and that refunds right away so you can just reuse that credit to book again.  Other types don't show up until you are on the ship (we always have only had onboard credit that came from our travel agent, so that is the kind that doesn't show up until on the ship), so you can't use that to book pre-purchases.  Our travel agent gives us refundable credit, so it just credits to our credit card when we get off the ship (assuming we didn't use it for anything while aboard).  It's all about playing around with the electronic nature and timing of money, but it always works out right in the end for us.

The folks on the Royal board with more experience with other types of on-board credit can help you figure out which ones show up in your cruise planner ahead of time and which don't show up until you are on board.  And some are refundable and some are not, so they can help you figure that part out, too.  

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the explanation. Our OBC is from the TA, which is why it isn't showing up but I'm sure it will get used up one way or another while on board, so not too worried about it.

I will go ahead and book and play the waiting game to see if they drop. 🙂 

On 1/26/2020 at 11:47 AM, mitsugirly said:

Me too! I was so excited that I was able to dive. It was my number 1 priority and I was going to be so heartbroken if I didn't get to do it.

We do want to purchase the soda package (and possibly the juice package for Sakari) and maybe 1 internet with the soda (since it's a little cheaper combining them). Even though I ALWAYS buy the soda package on every ship I go on, I still always bring my own as well.  RCCL still allows you to do this right?

If you book, don't they ask for payment at the time you book? (Since you mentioned you can book and then rebook at a lower price). How does that all work?   And how do you use OBC during booking? If I book now, the OBC won't be there until we board.

That's some cool info. I'll have to try this.

We will definitely try the CATS show and see how she feels about it. But, 1 1/2 hours long is a little much, so we probably won't last that long.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice

I see that a lot of your questions have already been answered during my absence. 

We loved  ❤️ the zipline at Labadee! The first time around DH wasn’t able to do it because he broke his collarbone two weeks before we sailed. I went, and ended up zipping in the pouring rain. My swim goggles that I had brought with me expecting to use while swimming turned out to be perfect eye protection from the stinging rain. 🌧. The second time on the zipline, we both got to go, and no rain this time. We want to go back and do the Superman style zipline that was still under construction last time we were there. We were initially afraid that we would be disappointed in just one trainer zip, then the one long  zipline, but we were not disappointed at all. BTW, the truck ride up to the top of the main zipline hill is a thrill all by itself. If you happen to have to ride back DOWN the side of that hill in the pouring rain because it was raining to hard to be able to zipline, all I can say is that took the thrill ride to a whole new level! Yes, I loved that, too!

Get in your Cruise Planner and check for sale pricing.

Did you sign up for anytime dining? You should be able to sign up for dining times that work with the times for any shows you think you want to see. There are, of course, many dining venues in addition to the MDR, some free, others have a fee.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:47 PM, SWPSquared said:

Thanks for the (near) info 🙂

I'll try to remember to post something if I find "The Good (coffee) Place".

Thanks for the in depth review.  I'm getting hungry looking at the food photos.

In case anyone else really likes good coffee, here's what I found:

nothing 🙂

I didn't see any of the grind-and-brew machines on board.

Then again, I didn't find out where the (Starbucks) coffee shop was until the last day of the cruise.  I just never walked past the bar to find it (and I don't like Starbucks all that much anyway)

- Steve

Hi, Kim! We are Dena and Robert and we'll be on the Oasis with you in April. Responded to you in the roll call.  I didn't really read through every word of info you've received about the Oasis. Hoping what I tell you won't be redundant.

Download the Royal Caribbean app.  Check in on the app.  You can scan your passport and take a picture of each of you.  You'll also need to enter any other info they are needing.  At port, you can use your phone to check in.  I did print out our set sail pass online and take it as a back up.  This was the best thing we did to check in for our Allure cruise in January.  We truly breezed through check in. I know we'll be at the Port of Miami, but that's even a newer port than Fort Lauderdale, so I'm expecting a smooth check in.

In the Cruise Planner online, no entertainment is yet available to be booked.  Should be fairly soon.  Pre-booking entertainment prior to boarding is truly the best way to ensure you get to see what you want. Not sure if you've been on an Oasis class ship.  The one show I always recommend you book early in the week or even the first night, is the Aqua Theater show. If it has to be cancelled due to rough seas, you'll have another time to see it.  It is truly a unique show.

Hope to meet you on board! 🙂

On 1/29/2020 at 1:43 AM, perfect match said:

I see that a lot of your questions have already been answered during my absence. 

We loved  ❤️ the zipline at Labadee! The first time around DH wasn’t able to do it because he broke his collarbone two weeks before we sailed. I went, and ended up zipping in the pouring rain. My swim goggles that I had brought with me expecting to use while swimming turned out to be perfect eye protection from the stinging rain. 🌧. The second time on the zipline, we both got to go, and no rain this time. We want to go back and do the Superman style zipline that was still under construction last time we were there. We were initially afraid that we would be disappointed in just one trainer zip, then the one long  zipline, but we were not disappointed at all. BTW, the truck ride up to the top of the main zipline hill is a thrill all by itself. If you happen to have to ride back DOWN the side of that hill in the pouring rain because it was raining to hard to be able to zipline, all I can say is that took the thrill ride to a whole new level! Yes, I loved that, too!

Get in your Cruise Planner and check for sale pricing.

Did you sign up for anytime dining? You should be able to sign up for dining times that work with the times for any shows you think you want to see. There are, of course, many dining venues in addition to the MDR, some free, others have a fee.

So this truck....is that how you get up to the zipline and also the roller coaster? I have been concerned about the walk or stair climbing (with my foot/leg) and wondering how strenuous it would be. Do they take you all the way up?

As for the sitting down zip line, I know all the other times I have ziplined, when you land, you have to put your feet down and then stand. I assume that's still the case. I was considering doing the lay down one but Sakari doesn't want to do that one. She said it looks kinda scary 🙄

Did you do the roller coaster too?

How do you decide on the times to book each? It looks like they have 30 minute intervals. Do they run behind?

We will be here on her birthday and trying to pack in all kinds of fun for her that day. 

15 hours ago, denamo said:

Hi, Kim! We are Dena and Robert and we'll be on the Oasis with you in April. Responded to you in the roll call.  I didn't really read through every word of info you've received about the Oasis. Hoping what I tell you won't be redundant.

Download the Royal Caribbean app.  Check in on the app.  You can scan your passport and take a picture of each of you.  You'll also need to enter any other info they are needing.  At port, you can use your phone to check in.  I did print out our set sail pass online and take it as a back up.  This was the best thing we did to check in for our Allure cruise in January.  We truly breezed through check in. I know we'll be at the Port of Miami, but that's even a newer port than Fort Lauderdale, so I'm expecting a smooth check in.

In the Cruise Planner online, no entertainment is yet available to be booked.  Should be fairly soon.  Pre-booking entertainment prior to boarding is truly the best way to ensure you get to see what you want. Not sure if you've been on an Oasis class ship.  The one show I always recommend you book early in the week or even the first night, is the Aqua Theater show. If it has to be cancelled due to rough seas, you'll have another time to see it.  It is truly a unique show.

Hope to meet you on board! 🙂

Hi Dena and Robert! Hopefully we'll meet on the ship. 

I did download the RC app. I ended up doing the check in online but still need to scan my passport. I assume I can still do that from my app even though I checked in online right? (I'm one of those that seriously hates to use my phone for anything). I will definitely print out a paper copy for back up. 

I've been checking the cruise planner daily and also checking for any discounts or excursions (for Labadee) and the soda and voom package. Nothing yet. 😞  

I have never been on this class ship yet and I can't wait (although it's probably going to do me in with all the walking...either that, or it'll whip me into shape). Great tip about booking the Aqua show early. I hadn't thought of them canceling for rough seas or the weather. 
Thanks for the tips.

Hey there!  I'm finally taking a CC break and sat down and finished the rest of your review.  I have just been so busy with getting the Christmas stuff down and put away and going through and getting rid of stuff we're just storing, so I haven't been on the computer much. 

But I love your pictures from Cozumel and that was the same beach we were at on our Miracle cruise in March 2006.  It was just gorgeous there.  We did a jeep/dune buggy, snorkel/beach excursion through Carnival that year and also stopped at that same small Mayan ruin and also the lighthouse.  Loved the views from up there and your hubby did great with the pics, almost as if you had taken them.  It was almost 6 months after Hurricane Wilma, so all the trees were still pretty stripped of their leaves or very sparse.  But the beach itself was just gorgeous!  The only other time we were in Cozumel we went to Nachi Cocum and although we loved it, the beach was nothing like the beach at Punta Sur, so it was kind of a let down.  I'm thinking of doing something similar but maybe on our own.  I don't like feeling "rushed". 

I really enjoyed this one and so glad you were able to go and even scuba.  I had a close call back in January and thought of you immediately.  I was out walking our neighborhood after dark (had a lot to get done, so the walk had to wait).  It was just getting dark when I left but we have sidewalks.  Well down on one dark cul-de-sac, some bonehead left their empty trash cans out (should have been brought in on trash pick up the previous day).  Well, it was windy out and the garbage cans blew over with their lids partially blocking the sidewalk.  I was walking fast and looking ahead and not down and I tripped and went flying.  Luckily just scraped (bloody) knuckles from clutching my phone.  The only casualty was my phone, the screen cracked and gradually went dark.  $200 to replace the screen on a 5 year old phone - hubby said to just get a new one (upgrade) so that's what we did.  It could have been much worse, so I will not be walking after dark anymore.  And especially now since Pepe le Pew is back and spraying.  Lol!!! 

Just three more months until our Magic cruise and we just booked one of the alternate itineraries Carnival is trying in 2021 with the Fascination out of San Juan.  This one will go to St. Thomas; Antigua; Dominica; Grenada, and Barbados with the sea day at the end.  I am already so excited about this one, but that will be the longest we've ever had to wait on a cruise.  I did that behind my husband's back ($50 deposit sale), and he was a little ticked at first but he got over it.  He knows I wanted to see some of the islands in that area we've never been to.  Our friends we got to know through our Valor reviews and met on Liberty (out of San Juan in 2015) will be on both Magic and Fascination.  Some others that we met on Liberty will also be on Magic.  I am already looking forward to when you do a review of your cruise on Oasis!  We'd LOVE to cruise on her some day.  Thanks again for taking the time to do another review, I always enjoy them!

Holly

22 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Hi Dena and Robert! Hopefully we'll meet on the ship. 

I did download the RC app. I ended up doing the check in online but still need to scan my passport. I assume I can still do that from my app even though I checked in online right? (I'm one of those that seriously hates to use my phone for anything). I will definitely print out a paper copy for back up. 

I've been checking the cruise planner daily and also checking for any discounts or excursions (for Labadee) and the soda and voom package. Nothing yet. 😞  

I have never been on this class ship yet and I can't wait (although it's probably going to do me in with all the walking...either that, or it'll whip me into shape). Great tip about booking the Aqua show early. I hadn't thought of them canceling for rough seas or the weather

I'm so with you about doing anything on my phone.  I truly prefer a regular computer. Found the app to be user friendly. Not sure about scanning the picture on the app after signing in online. Either way, I'm sure you'll be on the ship! LOL

Not seeing any show reservations open as of yet.  Hopefully soon. 

One positive about Labadee is if you have a drink package, it's usable there. No extra charge for items in your drink package. I saw where that wasn't the case on your last cruise at the "private" Island.

IIt's showing "Pre-Cruise Deals" for Labadee excursions & other things online right now.  If you book any excursions or other things and the price drops, just cancel and rebook.  Done it several times and never had an issue.  We did the Dragon's Breath Flight Line a few years ago and loved it!  It's fast and you'll wish it would last longer. 🙂  Part of the excursion is riding up the mountain in Jurassic Park style vehicles. It's something we still remember!  For this zipline, you are taken by bus to the top.  At the end of the zipline, you will be caught by guys at the end.  No hard landing on your feet.  There are many videos on Youtube that will give you a good idea of the process.  We did have to go through a mini zipline "training" prior to riding up the mountain.

I read about your accident and the whole ordeal that followed.  So tough! From your December cruise, looked like you are making great progress.  The Oasis will give you a workout.  I know if we've forgotten something in the cabin, it usually stays!  Just not worth losing time to go back. LOL  Just a hint about the ship. All entertainment is in the front (theater, casino, skating) and most restaurants (MDR, Windjammer) are in the back.  Couple of exceptions...speciality restaurants are mostly in Central Park deck 8; Aqua Theater is in back.

As far as internet, since we're in St. Thomas and Puerto Rico, we do have US connectivity for those days.

One last thing...I know you mentioned Sakari's birthday will be the day at Labadee.  Not sure if they will still allow her to go solo.  The only reason I mention this is I remembered reading about cruisers who have mentioned about having kids reaching "drinking age" during the cruise.   Royal considered their age to be what it was the day of boarding the cruise, and wouldn't allow them to drink alcohol.  Might want to get a definitive answer on that.  Since you've done a Royal cruise before, going through Crown and Anchor might be an easy way to go.  Consider emailing them and have written proof of how they will interpret letting her go solo. 

This post ended up being longer than I anticipated. 😮

On 2/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, mitsugirly said:

So this truck....is that how you get up to the zipline and also the roller coaster? I have been concerned about the walk or stair climbing (with my foot/leg) and wondering how strenuous it would be. Do they take you all the way up?

As for the sitting down zip line, I know all the other times I have ziplined, when you land, you have to put your feet down and then stand. I assume that's still the case. I was considering doing the lay down one but Sakari doesn't want to do that one. She said it looks kinda scary 🙄

Did you do the roller coaster too?

How do you decide on the times to book each? It looks like they have 30 minute intervals. Do they run behind?

We will be here on her birthday and trying to pack in all kinds of fun for her that day. 

The trainer zipline is right across from the place where you sign in for your zipline tour, get geared up, and get your initial training. There are lockers there, for a fee, of course. I had my Olympus TG 2 on a lanyard, and was allowed to take it with me. I took pictures on the ride up, at the top before we zipped, and at the bottom. I’m not sure about using a handheld camera during the ride. I wasn’t comfortable doing that. Besides, I really wanted to just enjoy the ride.

BTW, I don’t know if you will still be wearing your walking boot when you’re at Labadee. I’m not sure if you would be allowed on the zipline while wearing it. They don’t want to take any chances at all that it might fall off while you’re zipping, or that you might not be able to land safely. Oh, speaking of the landing, if you get going fast like I did the stop at the end can feel a bit, well, abrupt! When they tell you to come in to the landing with your legs apart, be sure you do that! Both times I rode that zipline, I ended up tipping way back at the end so I was upside down.If your legs are not apart, they could end up coming into contact with the cable you’re zipping on or some part of the trolley. That would not feel good, especially after all you’ve been through recently. If your feet are apart, you will have no problem. I thought it was fun! 😄🤣

As far as staying on time, I think they pretty much try to stay on schedule. Of course, as You well know, nothing is guaranteed. Sometimes stuff happens.

After you are geared up and get your training, you walk across the street to the training zipline. You do have to walk up a bit of a hill, and a few stairs before you reach the starting platform. Once you have completed your training zip, you climb aboard the big truck for the ride to the top. There are a few steps up to the starting platform there, too.  I’m sure the procedure for the laying down zip is similar, but I haven’t done that one yet, so I can’t say for sure.

I have no info for you as to how they will handle Sakari turning 12 that day. We had no kids involved either time I did the Labadee ziplines. I didn’t even know they had an age limit for kids. Hope Sakari gets to go by herself. 

I also have no info at all on the coaster. I’ve never done it. I have seen it go past us at the top of the Dragon’s Breath Flightline, though. From that viewpoint, I didn’t think it looked all that exciting, but that was just one small section of the ride. If you go, I’d love to hear what you think of it.

We did book two excursions the last time we were at Labadee.  We did the Dragon’s Breath zipline, and parasailing. I had booked the zipline first, in the morning. When we decided to add the parasailing 🪂, I went into my cruise planner to add it, and found there were times blocked out following my zipline tour before I could choose a time for parasailing. If I remember correct, I added some extra time to what was already blacked out so we would have time for lunch, a little bit of exploring the trails back behind the zipline finishing platform, and a little bit of time relaxing on the beach. That worked out well for us.  We had fun parasailing, definitely enjoyed the view, but the zipline was definitely the highlight of our day!

Edited by perfect match

On 2/5/2020 at 2:58 PM, pghsteelerfan said:

the lighthouse.  Loved the views from up there and your hubby did great with the pics, almost as if you had taken them. 

Hey now...don't tell him that. ;) lol

It was almost 6 months after Hurricane Wilma, so all the trees were still pretty stripped of their leaves or very sparse.  But the beach itself was just gorgeous!  The only other time we were in Cozumel we went to Nachi Cocum and although we loved it, the beach was nothing like the beach at Punta Sur, so it was kind of a let down.  I'm thinking of doing something similar but maybe on our own.  I don't like feeling "rushed". 

Same here. I would love to go back there on my own. I want to do a land vacation there and just take in everything again...on my own time frame.

I really enjoyed this one and so glad you were able to go and even scuba.  I had a close call back in January and thought of you immediately.  I was out walking our neighborhood after dark (had a lot to get done, so the walk had to wait).  It was just getting dark when I left but we have sidewalks.  Well down on one dark cul-de-sac, some bonehead left their empty trash cans out (should have been brought in on trash pick up the previous day).  Well, it was windy out and the garbage cans blew over with their lids partially blocking the sidewalk.  I was walking fast and looking ahead and not down and I tripped and went flying.  Luckily just scraped (bloody) knuckles from clutching my phone.  The only casualty was my phone, the screen cracked and gradually went dark.  $200 to replace the screen on a 5 year old phone - hubby said to just get a new one (upgrade) so that's what we did.  It could have been much worse, so I will not be walking after dark anymore.  And especially now since Pepe le Pew is back and spraying.  Lol!!! 

Oh goodness! I'm glad nothing more than your phone and knuckles got hurt. We walk the neighborhood a lot during the summer months too and now I'm almost scared. (Hubby did get me out of the house a few times after my break and he pushed me in the wheelchair and it felt so good to just get out). I missed my evening walks.

Just three more months until our Magic cruise and we just booked one of the alternate itineraries Carnival is trying in 2021 with the Fascination out of San Juan.  This one will go to St. Thomas; Antigua; Dominica; Grenada, and Barbados with the sea day at the end.  I am already so excited about this one, but that will be the longest we've ever had to wait on a cruise.  I did that behind my husband's back ($50 deposit sale), and he was a little ticked at first but he got over it.  He knows I wanted to see some of the islands in that area we've never been to.  Our friends we got to know through our Valor reviews and met on Liberty (out of San Juan in 2015) will be on both Magic and Fascination.  Some others that we met on Liberty will also be on Magic.  I am already looking forward to when you do a review of your cruise on Oasis!  We'd LOVE to cruise on her some day.  Thanks again for taking the time to do another review, I always enjoy them!

Holly

Ohhhh, I loved the Magic (doesn't have as much as the Breeze but loved it and that class ship as well). There's nothing better than having life long cruise friends you've met over the years on a cruise with you. It's the best.

I would LOVE that itinerary out of OSJ. PR is one of my favorite places to cruise out of and I love the daily port days. They are the best cruises ever! I REALLY want to go back to Grenada and dive back at the sculptures. I know we missed a lot of it and I want a redo! <---said in my whiny voice! I'll have to check that out!

I'm getting super excited about the Oasis. Me wanting to sail it since back in 2010...and it's only taken me 10 years to get there...and I never thought the day would finally come. I just wish I could have done it pre-break of the foot! But, I'll manage.

On 2/5/2020 at 3:55 PM, denamo said:

I'm so with you about doing anything on my phone.  I truly prefer a regular computer. Found the app to be user friendly. Not sure about scanning the picture on the app after signing in online. Either way, I'm sure you'll be on the ship! LOL

You just reminded me about the passport scanning on the app. I just tried it and it worked. So, now our passports are scanned. Just gotta find one of those good hair and makeup days to snap a picture to upload. :D

Not seeing any show reservations open as of yet.  Hopefully soon. 

One positive about Labadee is if you have a drink package, it's usable there. No extra charge for items in your drink package. I saw where that wasn't the case on your last cruise at the "private" Island.

Yea, I just bought our soda packages so glad we can use that on the island.

IIt's showing "Pre-Cruise Deals" for Labadee excursions & other things online right now.  If you book any excursions or other things and the price drops, just cancel and rebook.  Done it several times and never had an issue.  We did the Dragon's Breath Flight Line a few years ago and loved it!  It's fast and you'll wish it would last longer. 🙂  Part of the excursion is riding up the mountain in Jurassic Park style vehicles. It's something we still remember!  For this zipline, you are taken by bus to the top.  At the end of the zipline, you will be caught by guys at the end.  No hard landing on your feet.  There are many videos on Youtube that will give you a good idea of the process.  We did have to go through a mini zipline "training" prior to riding up the mountain.

So far I have booked the roller coaster. We did the first one available (I think 10:30am). I'm trying to decide when we should do the zip line now and how much time to give it in between. So glad to hear that I won't have to land on my feet. That eases my mind a lot about do the sit up one (which is what Sakari wants to do).

I read about your accident and the whole ordeal that followed.  So tough! From your December cruise, looked like you are making great progress.  The Oasis will give you a workout.  I know if we've forgotten something in the cabin, it usually stays!  Just not worth losing time to go back. LOL  Just a hint about the ship. All entertainment is in the front (theater, casino, skating) and most restaurants (MDR, Windjammer) are in the back.  Couple of exceptions...speciality restaurants are mostly in Central Park deck 8; Aqua Theater is in back.

I'm already contemplating buying a bigger over shoulder "ship purse" to carry with me so I can put everything I could possibly need while we are out in it and no back tracking (which we do a lot during every cruise when we forget things). Our room is at the very back, along the side (not aft...as much as I wish...those are expensive!). I'm really going to get a work out.

As far as internet, since we're in St. Thomas and Puerto Rico, we do have US connectivity for those days.

Oh crap...I hadn't thought about that. I did buy 1 soda/voom package so that we could keep in touch with my son with our animals back home. I'll have to decided if it's worth keeping now. Thanks for the reminder.

One last thing...I know you mentioned Sakari's birthday will be the day at Labadee.  Not sure if they will still allow her to go solo.  The only reason I mention this is I remembered reading about cruisers who have mentioned about having kids reaching "drinking age" during the cruise.   Royal considered their age to be what it was the day of boarding the cruise, and wouldn't allow them to drink alcohol.  Might want to get a definitive answer on that.  Since you've done a Royal cruise before, going through Crown and Anchor might be an easy way to go.  Consider emailing them and have written proof of how they will interpret letting her go solo. 

This post ended up being longer than I anticipated. 😮

How do you go through Crown and Anchor to email them? Where would I find the email address? I'll definitely see what they say.

Thanks so much for all the help and suggestions.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:07 AM, perfect match said:

The trainer zipline is right across from the place where you sign in for your zipline tour, get geared up, and get your initial training. There are lockers there, for a fee, of course. I had my Olympus TG 2 on a lanyard, and was allowed to take it with me. I took pictures on the ride up, at the top before we zipped, and at the bottom. I’m not sure about using a handheld camera during the ride. I wasn’t comfortable doing that. Besides, I really wanted to just enjoy the ride.

How did you put it on a lanyard? I'm considering getting a "strap" (maybe chest or head/helmet) for the go pro. I don't know which would be better to use.

BTW, I don’t know if you will still be wearing your walking boot when you’re at Labadee. I’m not sure if you would be allowed on the zipline while wearing it. They don’t want to take any chances at all that it might fall off while you’re zipping, or that you might not be able to land safely. Oh, speaking of the landing, if you get going fast like I did the stop at the end can feel a bit, well, abrupt! When they tell you to come in to the landing with your legs apart, be sure you do that! Both times I rode that zipline, I ended up tipping way back at the end so I was upside down.If your legs are not apart, they could end up coming into contact with the cable you’re zipping on or some part of the trolley. That would not feel good, especially after all you’ve been through recently. If your feet are apart, you will have no problem. I thought it was fun! 😄🤣

No, I'm no longer in the walking boot. I used it on the Escape cruise and only once since then when I had to walk a long distance last month. That thing wouldn't fall off if you pulled on it. Too many straps and velcro and layers. But, no worries. I won't be using it.

I'm having a hard time understanding the legs apart thing. :/   No comprende.  What does having the feet apart do?

As far as staying on time, I think they pretty much try to stay on schedule. Of course, as You well know, nothing is guaranteed. Sometimes stuff happens.

After you are geared up and get your training, you walk across the street to the training zipline. You do have to walk up a bit of a hill, and a few stairs before you reach the starting platform. Once you have completed your training zip, you climb aboard the big truck for the ride to the top. There are a few steps up to the starting platform there, too.  I’m sure the procedure for the laying down zip is similar, but I haven’t done that one yet, so I can’t say for sure.

Several people have mentioned this "training" zip. Are you actually in gear AND on some type of small zip line and you zip down somewhere? I'm so confused. Never been "trained" before. We've always just done it. lol

I have no info for you as to how they will handle Sakari turning 12 that day. We had no kids involved either time I did the Labadee ziplines. I didn’t even know they had an age limit for kids. Hope Sakari gets to go by herself.

Ehhh, cruise lines ALWAYS have an age limit on everything they do just about. So many things we have done on our own and they won't let children do. From zip lining to cave tubing to riding dune buggies. They never allow young children to do a lot. It's just crazy when I think about how many things she's done from age 3 years old that she normally wouldn't be allowed to do until....well age 10 or now basically. lol

I also have no info at all on the coaster. I’ve never done it. I have seen it go past us at the top of the Dragon’s Breath Flightline, though. From that viewpoint, I didn’t think it looked all that exciting, but that was just one small section of the ride. If you go, I’d love to hear what you think of it.

We do have it booked...so we'll see. Weeeeeee

We did book two excursions the last time we were at Labadee.  We did the Dragon’s Breath zipline, and parasailing. I had booked the zipline first, in the morning. When we decided to add the parasailing 🪂, I went into my cruise planner to add it, and found there were times blocked out following my zipline tour before I could choose a time for parasailing. If I remember correct, I added some extra time to what was already blacked out so we would have time for lunch, a little bit of exploring the trails back behind the zipline finishing platform, and a little bit of time relaxing on the beach. That worked out well for us.  We had fun parasailing, definitely enjoyed the view, but the zipline was definitely the highlight of our day!

Sakari has been begging to go parasailing for about 4 years now. But, she had this moment (and by moment I mean one that lasted about 2 years) of fearing extreme activities (like being high up) and since she has finally came back out of her shell and wants to do every extreme sport, I'd like to take her now (didn't want to waste money and her get out there and back out). But, I'm just afraid it's packing too much in on one day because I definitely want to explore some while we are there and also have some beach time. Are you able to play it by ear and while you are on the island book one from the cruise planner if it's available? Is there internet service on the island?

On 1/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, mitsugirly said:

It was around 2:30-3pm and we decided it was time to head back. We hadn't ate all day, like we did the last time we were there, and we were pretty hungry. Sakari's other mermaid friends never came back to swim or play with her and now we had to gather up not only our stuff but her friends stuff to carry back. They did tell her, when they were swimming, their room number (it was an easy number, 9234), so we knew they were on the same floor as us and just down the hall). I told Sakari when we got back, she could just run it down to their room and if they didn't answer, she could leave it by the door. 

Once I slothed back to the pier entrance, there was a line for those wanting to catch a ride back to the ship. Being handicapped at the moment, I always notice things that I've never noticed before. There were very able-bodied couples (guessing in their 20's-30's) that could have walked but wanted to ride back instead. That meant waiting on several carts to come back as we waited in line. Eventually, some people got tired of waiting and decided to walk anyhow...as they should have.

It was our time to ride now...whew!

PC170272%20copy-L.jpg

PC170276%20copy-L.jpg

I'm in the front seat now and I see you behind me hubs....

PC170274%20copy-L.jpg

PC170277%20copy-L.jpg

PC170282%20copy-L.jpg

PC170279%20copy-L.jpg

Just as a note...something you said hit a nerve with me.  I am a "younger" person and in no way look ill or disabled.  Yet the last two cruises that I have been fortunate enough to take - I did while suffering from Stage IV lung cancer.  So sometimes you may "assume" that there is no reason for the people in line for the special services type of things offered....but you truly cannot judge a book by its cover.  Sort of how you could not judge the parenting skills of the people that you left Sakari with?  Just a thought....but you being a nurse and all...it hit me that this is something that you should know all too well.  Some of us that even are NOT sporting a "boot" do have serious health issues that we are dealing with and may require taking the shuttles offered.  

On 1/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, mitsugirly said:

On 2/11/2020 at 11:17 PM, mitsugirly said:

How did you put it on a lanyard? I'm considering getting a "strap" (maybe chest or head/helmet) for the go pro. I don't know which would be better to use.

In my collection of lanyards that I’ve collected over the years, I found a lanyard length camera strap with a loop to attach it to the camera. It works great for me, even while diving. I hate having a camera flopping around on my wrist.

No, I'm no longer in the walking boot. I used it on the Escape cruise and only once since then when I had to walk a long distance last month. That thing wouldn't fall off if you pulled on it. Too many straps and velcro and layers. But, no worries. I won't be using it.

I'm having a hard time understanding the legs apart thing. 😕 No comprende.  What does having the feet apart do?

Glad you’re out of the walking boot. That tells me your recovery is moving along well! 😀

The legs apart at the end of your run does two things. It helps to slow you down coming into the landing platform so you can land safely. It also keeps you from having your legs get caught in either the rigging, your harness, or hit the actual line you’re hanging from. My first time at Labadee it was raining 🌧 hard, and I came into the landing at a very fast speed. The force of the stop rocked me backwards until I was upside down. If my legs were together at the time, they would have hit the zipline wires. I’m glad they didn’t do that. I expect it would have really hurt! As it was, I laughed through it & thought that my unintentional upside down finish was fun.

Several people have mentioned this "training" zip. Are you actually in gear AND on some type of small zip line and you zip down somewhere? I'm so confused. Never been "trained" before. We've always just done it. lol

Yes. You gear up, then go  to the training zipline which is right across from where you sign in. It’s actually a pretty nice ride by itself, and is as long as many zips on other zipline tours we’ve done. The zipline staff will determine, based on the conditions of the day, what position they need you to ride in. They want to be sure that everyone understands exactly what they should be doing during their ride. They want to come into the platform not too fast, but they also don’t want you to get stuck out on the zipline so they have to come and rescue you.

You do have to walk up a bit of a hill to get there, but not that bad of a hill. I do not think you’ll have any problem doing that.

Sakari has been begging to go parasailing for about 4 years now. But, she had this moment (and by moment I mean one that lasted about 2 years) of fearing extreme activities (like being high up) and since she has finally came back out of her shell and wants to do every extreme sport, I'd like to take her now (didn't want to waste money and her get out there and back out). But, I'm just afraid it's packing too much in on one day because I definitely want to explore some while we are there and also have some beach time. Are you able to play it by ear and while you are on the island book one from the cruise planner if it's available? Is there internet service on the island?

I can’t wait to see what you think of the coaster. DH and I are big coaster fans, and we were not very impressed with what we saw. It seemed really slow during the part we saw, but we did not see the whole track. It’s also possible that the people we saw were using their brakes. 

Parasailing is fun, but not at all what I expected before our first try at it. I thought I’d feel something like riding a roller coaster. It isn’t like that at all. It is very calm and peaceful when you’re up in the air, as if you’re just floating there.The views are amazing! I finally took my camera up on our last parasail and got some decent pictures. Previously I had left the camera with someone on the boat so they could take pictures of us. Some of those pictures came out better than others! 😱

Here’s a few pictures for you. I was hoping to find one of the training zipline. Unfortunately, it isn’t accessible in this tablet. The Labadee zipline pictures are from my first time there, in the pouring rain. I’m at the far left, I think. DH isn’t in the picture because he broke his collarbone two weeks before we sailed, so no ziplining for him on that trip! The platform shot is at the bottom of the seated zipline that you plan to do. These are from 2016, so the new zipline wasn’t there yet. I’ll try and remember to look for my other zipline pictures the next time I’m on my desktop for you.

The parasailing picture is actually from Coco Cay the first time we went there, not Labadee. We were really a lot farther away from Freedom than it looks. 😃

98CA23E0-2B34-4E59-AD84-C659FBF7932F.jpeg

FB293054-3BEF-4E24-8ECD-AD708CFCCDED.jpeg

08133720-F6F1-4413-80F7-A187FE050C22.jpeg

Edited by perfect match

On 2/13/2020 at 4:25 PM, chloemonkey said:

Just as a note...something you said hit a nerve with me.  I am a "younger" person and in no way look ill or disabled.  Yet the last two cruises that I have been fortunate enough to take - I did while suffering from Stage IV lung cancer.  So sometimes you may "assume" that there is no reason for the people in line for the special services type of things offered....but you truly cannot judge a book by its cover.  Sort of how you could not judge the parenting skills of the people that you left Sakari with?  Just a thought....but you being a nurse and all...it hit me that this is something that you should know all too well.  Some of us that even are NOT sporting a "boot" do have serious health issues that we are dealing with and may require taking the shuttles offered.  

It was not my intentions to disrespect anyone or hit a nerve. I guess I should have went in to more detail during my review with the reasons I commented about that. There was another person that read it that it didn't sit well with and I went back and apologized to them and went into a little more depth about my reason for saying this. I will copy and paste from that comment:

Trust me, I would never comment on someone with a disability. I'm  a nurse and know better than anyone that there are so many disabilities that are "unseen". My comment was said because these people I was referring to (several of them in a group) were definitely not disabled and that was more than apparent. They were playing tag, jumping on each others backs being carried, and running by us as I was hopping along headed toward the exit at Harvest Caye. It was pretty apparent that they were able bodied people that could walk...and they did. I would never disrespect someone based on their looks and not knowing, but based on their actions, even if they had something wrong with them that you could not tell, it wasn't a mobility disability for sure. So sorry if I offended you in any way. It was not my intentions at all.

And my apologies to you as well if it came off the wrong way. People have all sorts of disabilities, some seen and some not, but even if these people in this group had a disability...it wasn't one that was a mobility issue, which you could tell from their actions and they did end up walking (or continuing to horseplay and run down the pier to the ship). I hope you are in remission and doing well and I wish you all the best. :)

20 hours ago, perfect match said:

In my collection of lanyards that I’ve collected over the years, I found a lanyard length camera strap with a loop to attach it to the camera. It works great for me, even while diving. I hate having a camera flopping around on my wrist.

So you are allowed to have your camera with you on the zip line? A lanyard sounds like a good idea, maybe I should invest in one. Although when diving, my camera never leaves my hand because (as you can probably tell) I'm constantly snapping pictures. The wrist strap is just so if something happened I wouldn't lose it.

20 hours ago, perfect match said:

Glad you’re out of the walking boot. That tells me your recovery is moving along well! 😀

The legs apart at the end of your run does two things. It helps to slow you down coming into the landing platform so you can land safely. It also keeps you from having your legs get caught in either the rigging, your harness, or hit the actual line you’re hanging from. My first time at Labadee it was raining 🌧 hard, and I came into the landing at a very fast speed. The force of the stop rocked me backwards until I was upside down. If my legs were together at the time, they would have hit the zipline wires. I’m glad they didn’t do that. I expect it would have really hurt! As it was, I laughed through it & thought that my unintentional upside down finish was fun.

Yep, getting along a little better and the swelling is getting better as well. There's still some by the end of the day or if I put a sock on then I'll end up with indents, but SO much better. I still walk with a limp and stiff, but at least I'm walking. There's still a lot of pain here and there if I lean forward too much because there's just no range of motion forward and I honestly don't think there ever will be until I get the screws fusing my tib/fib together.

Oh gosh, coming in fast and the possibility of hitting the wires is kinda scaring me now. :(

19 hours ago, perfect match said:

Yes. You gear up, then go  to the training zipline which is right across from where you sign in. It’s actually a pretty nice ride by itself, and is as long as many zips on other zipline tours we’ve done. The zipline staff will determine, based on the conditions of the day, what position they need you to ride in. They want to be sure that everyone understands exactly what they should be doing during their ride. They want to come into the platform not too fast, but they also don’t want you to get stuck out on the zipline so they have to come and rescue you.

You do have to walk up a bit of a hill to get there, but not that bad of a hill. I do not think you’ll have any problem doing that.

Well that's cool about the training zipline. It sounds like it could be fun as well. lol   Good to know I shouldn't have a problem with the walking. I'm getting better at hills these days. haha

I can’t wait to see what you think of the coaster. DH and I are big coaster fans, and we were not very impressed with what we saw. It seemed really slow during the part we saw, but we did not see the whole track. It’s also possible that the people we saw were using their brakes. 

Parasailing is fun, but not at all what I expected before our first try at it. I thought I’d feel something like riding a roller coaster. It isn’t like that at all. It is very calm and peaceful when you’re up in the air, as if you’re just floating there.The views are amazing! I finally took my camera up on our last parasail and got some decent pictures. Previously I had left the camera with someone on the boat so they could take pictures of us. Some of those pictures came out better than others! 😱

They say the coasters go up to 30 mph, which to me...is fast when you are just sitting in this little small coaster thing. I honestly don't know how I feel about going 30 mph in it. If Sakari can't go by herself, I may have her go with her dad so that I can control the speed of mine and not go as fast. I'm so freaked out about potentially getting hurt these days that I'm extra careful but still want to have fun.

I wanna do parasailing for the sole reason of taking pictures....OF COURSE! LOL  But I think it would still be fun. If we don't get to go this time, I plan on doing it on our land vacation this summer. I'd love to see the ones you took when you took your camera up with you.

Here’s a few pictures for you. I was hoping to find one of the training zipline. Unfortunately, it isn’t accessible in this tablet. The Labadee zipline pictures are from my first time there, in the pouring rain. I’m at the far left, I think. DH isn’t in the picture because he broke his collarbone two weeks before we sailed, so no ziplining for him on that trip! The platform shot is at the bottom of the seated zipline that you plan to do. These are from 2016, so the new zipline wasn’t there yet. I’ll try and remember to look for my other zipline pictures the next time I’m on my desktop for you.

The parasailing picture is actually from Coco Cay the first time we went there, not Labadee. We were really a lot farther away from Freedom than it looks. 😃

98CA23E0-2B34-4E59-AD84-C659FBF7932F.jpeg

FB293054-3BEF-4E24-8ECD-AD708CFCCDED.jpeg

08133720-F6F1-4413-80F7-A187FE050C22.jpeg

That's a great parasailing shot. Gosh it really makes me want to do it.

Those waves the day you zip lined....you could tell it was an icky day. Yikes.

Thanks for all the visuals. They help a lot.

51 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Oh gosh, coming in fast and the possibility of hitting the wires is kinda scaring me now. 😞

If your feet are apart, no chance they will hit the wires. No need to waste time worrying about it. Just remember to come into the platform with your feet apart. Seriously, I thought it was perfectly safe. 

Try the zipline on Oasis before you get to Labadee. It’s short, but fun to zip over the Boardwalk. Shoes (not sandals) are required, no cameras or jewelry of any kind allowed on that one. They can’t take the chance of anything coming off of the person ziplining and falling down onto the Boardwalk.

BTW, if you do the Ultimate Abyss slide (the big purple dry slide on the aft end of the ship) wear a shirt with sleeves and be sure to pay attention to how they tell you to hold your arms so you don’t get abrasions on your arms from rubbing against the slide. We did the Ultimate Abyss on Symphony and thought it was fun. As long as you do what they tell you, you won’t get hurt. I can’t report on the water slides because we simply never got there. With all there is to do on Oasis class ships, it’s impossible to do everything.