Food on Oceania

zltm089

2 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

OMG, recently on Regatta, we had the lamb burger in Terrace one day at lunch.  It was really, really delicious.  It was served in pita bread and raita the day we had it.

It may have been that day also. I knew I couldn't eat it all with bread. Cooking meat to the proper/desired degree of doneness takes skill and to do it for a number of people at the same time take lots of skill.

5 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

My MIL got the filet w/ foie gras at Jacques - immediately put the foie on my plate 😉 [she also orders the filet well done but we don't talk about that in the family ;-)]

Oh, my re the well-done 😞 And oh my re your getting her foie. I order it occasionally from Hudson Valley Foie Gras, cut a lobe in half and freeze. This was such a treat.

37 minutes ago, clo said:

1941907966_IMG_7098-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.23bf164fa15f5e2de01521d93c415b38.jpgOkay let's try the specialty restaurants. We canceled our Red Ginger res. Asian fusion and Thai don't turn us on. Different strokes. And Toscana didn't blow us away and neither of us could figure out why. The oil/vinegar thingie seemed perfunctory and I had been looking forward to it. The service was fine but there seemed to be too many people involved in it. But the food was good.

Polo was super. Bob couldn't resist the "small" (only 20oz.) Porterhouse (prime, aged 28 days) and I got the lobster mac n cheese. It had almost as much lobster as cheese. It could have been shared by our people. What is @Paulchili who suggested they might be amenable to little changes from the menu. They were. They had an app with foie gras and mushrooms in puff pastry and I asked if the foie could be removed and simply seared and they did it!

And Jacques lived up to my expectations. More foie, escargots and on and on.

Between these and the Terrace the food on Marina was as good as I had hoped.

1538768026_IMG_7099-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.ca23ea81f3cd8b880e74c1ebdd3da36f.jpg

Amuse bouche. The two balls were cheese and the other two were eggplant and something.

2053765088_IMG_7101-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.a004e7d2596b7aec32496a916baaec62.jpg

The best escargots I've ever had...and I make them at home!

1318224917_IMG_7102-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.dd6c6bcc2a665c81cf522f1f742a91dc.jpg

A double order of seared foie gras with grilled pineapple.

637409804_IMG_7104-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.5a12a0812ed6a7de5858367e8d4eb7c9.jpg

Dover sole. Exquisite.

8041473_IMG_7105-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.8d600f24cf62dadc8aece7743a75e705.jpg

Filet mignon with foie gras. I could sail this line just for the foie.

985696317_IMG_7106-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.89f78c35667b98de103504f004c4b36d.jpg

Prawns with evoo, garlic tomatoes and parsley.

1214292825_IMG_7107-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.05b69e10738ef5af5a8724d13bc82d0f.jpg

Choux a la creme.

1341512803_IMG_7108-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.014a3fe8c7eb4313ede080968bdc328d.jpg

The best creme brulee in the whole wide world. The crust was still warm.

In conclusion.....if you have a problem  with the food on Oceania , its time for a personal check.......it ain't the food thats the problem

Clo;  

Last February I gave the food on my Marina cruise an excellent review. They had indeed done an excellent job on that cruise.

However, your personal attack on people that have far more cruises and thus experiences with Oceania only demonstrates your narrow mindedness. That’s your problem and time for Your own reality check!

If Oceania maintained the constant high quality of food and preparation across its multiple ships, as we have both experienced in Marina, most of these negative posts wouldn’t appear. Sadly, once you have more experience, across multiple Oceania ships, you’ll find that isn’t the case.

So please save your snarky ill informed comments until such time you’re even minutely qualified to make such observations.

48 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Clo;  

Last February I gave the food on my Marina cruise an excellent review. They had indeed done an excellent job on that cruise.

However, your personal attack on people that have far more cruises and thus experiences with Oceania only demonstrates your narrow mindedness. That’s your problem and time for Your own reality check!

If Oceania maintained the constant high quality of food and preparation across its multiple ships, as we have both experienced in Marina, most of these negative posts wouldn’t appear. Sadly, once you have more experience, across multiple Oceania ships, you’ll find that isn’t the case.

So please save your snarky ill informed comments until such time you’re even minutely qualified to make such observations.

Are you responding to post #256 (the one just before yours)? If so, you should have directed your comments to Hawaiidan, not clo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

In conclusion.....if you have a problem  with the food on Oceania , its time for a personal check.......it ain't the food thats the problem

There's someone - is it on this thread? - who said every meal left them - was it dissatisfied? I sincerely don't get it. I love to cook and dine and I think I'm pretty discerning. The only thing I found truly subpar was some roasted white meat chicken. But that can be a tough thing to get right, especially when cooking probably dozens of them.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

What on earth are you talking about? I remember being surprised that anyone could be dissatisfied with every single thing they ate. And I remain that way. And I think you may want to remember that you're not in charge of this site or entitled to attack which is what I consider your above comments.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Those large prawns look great, if they are as well prepared as they look!

The grill turned out super shrimp and lobster every single time we had it and that impressed me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Clo;  

My friend Raggie is having a Petrus party on the Jeans Board. Sounds Wonderful, don't you agree?

22 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Clo;

I apologize it was Dan’s comments that I was responding to. I’m truly sorry. His comments got tied into your post .

Oh whew. Apology accepted. I'm far from perfect but I appreciate your comments A LOT so was surprised. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JVNYC said:

Seriously, not even close.  The food is very good and there are many choices.  These people just need something else in their lives to bellyache about. 

Far from being one of "these people".  You need to read my entire review as it's far from being a "bellyache".  In fact it's more positive than negative and just my opinion, which I believe is what CC is all about.  Just my opinion, which carries no more weight than anybody else's.  

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Clo, you should be named the latest Oceania Food Ambassador!

Now putting the Lamb Burger, along with the Dover Sole, on our list!

Those large prawns look great, if they are as well prepared as they look!

Glad to see some crab legs, too.

Thanks, you 🙂 We have another cruise on Marina in the fall. I'm already looking forward to the food 🙂 Evil food 🙂 

10 hours ago, clo said:

They had an app with foie gras and mushrooms in puff pastry and I asked if the foie could be removed and simply seared and they did it!

....... I could sail this line just for the foie.

I always look forward to Jacques and the foie but would never have thought to ask in Polo for a seared foie appetiser. I usually order the crab cake. Thanks for the tip.

We were recently on Queen Victoria in Queens Grill and I exercised my ability to order off menu for foie each evening.

So much so that the Maitre D' jokingly refused my request one evening telling me that I had eaten it all 😁

Edited by Glenndale

21 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

You are killing me with these pictures.  I will stay hungry until our next cruise. It ain't right that you tease us like this.  Can't wait to eat again.

On 12/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, irisbax3 said:

I am currently on Oceania Nautica and I’m very disappointed with the food. Unlike the Marina, where we loved the food, now it is hit or miss even in the two speciality restaurants. No seasoning just blah tasting. While food is certainly subjective, this is just my humble opinion.

I agree. Food on Marina was very bland. Those trained chef should know that salt and pepper DO enhance the flavor in dishes. 

3 minutes ago, nvgal said:

Those trained chef should know that salt and pepper DO enhance the flavor in dishes. 

I could be wrong as I don’t use either but aren’t those the 2 spices that can easily be added even after cooking (unlike curry and many others that should be added during cooking)

On 1/10/2020 at 3:30 PM, clo said:

2053765088_IMG_7101-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.a004e7d2596b7aec32496a916baaec62.jpg

The best escargots I've ever had...and I make them at home!

1341512803_IMG_7108-Edited(1).thumb.jpg.014a3fe8c7eb4313ede080968bdc328d.jpg

The best creme brulee in the whole wide world. The crust was still warm.

Interesting, ships must cook different styles.  I love escargot and creme brulee and neither one looked like that last week on Insignia.  Escargot was cooked in a puff pastry with almost no garlic flavor and the brulee didn't have that peanut thing on the top.  Both of those look mighty tasty.   

2 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Interesting, ships must cook different styles.  I love escargot and creme brulee and neither one looked like that last week on Insignia.  Escargot was cooked in a puff pastry with almost no garlic flavor and the brulee didn't have that peanut thing on the top.  Both of those look mighty tasty.   

Escargots looked nothing like that two nights ago on Nautica. We were served little shrivelled things swimming beside a shell shaped puff pastry.