Still don’t know what MUTS is showing for Jan 4?

tjcletzgo

Why do you think anyone here knows? Even if someone posts what is showing on the cruise just before, they could replace a movie with a new one for your cruise. Since you're on a Medallion cruise, you might be able to see the details for your cruise in the MedallionClass app. And that is likely to be more accurate than relying on what is being shown on a previous cruise.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Oh no. When I first started cruising, I had no idea what was going to be on the ship (food, entertainment, movies, Captain, CD, etc...). And I still managed to enjoy myself. Hard to believe.

I have another take on the subject.  If, and when, I have to be concerned about movies (or videos) playing on a cruise then I know I am on the wrong cruise ship.  In far more then 1000 cruise days I think we have only watched 2 movies and one of those was in our cabin on a very long cruise when some friends insisted we had to watch "Kinky Boots."  

As to MUTs, I am part of the movement that thinks they should throw all those big speakers overboard followed by the movie screen.  Until that happens we manage to find a deck chair somewhere on the ship that is out of range of the blasting sound and nowhere within sight of the MUTS screen :).  And I sometimes think that they should toss all the cell phones overboard right after the MUTS screen :).  When Princess first started MUTS it stood for "Movies Under the Stars."  Now it apparently stands for movies under the Star, Sun, Sky, Clouds, etc!   Listening to the blasting noise from speakers (which probably exceed OSHA noise levels) is not my idea of a quiet enjoyable sea day.  Even with the best noise canceling headphones it can be difficult to listen to one's own music.   On the other hand, there is still a place in my heart for an old Princess video that showed surfing dogs. Now that is what I call a good movie :).

Hank

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I have another take on the subject.  If, and when, I have to be concerned about movies (or videos) playing on a cruise then I know I am on the wrong cruise ship.  In far more then 1000 cruise days I think we have only watched 2 movies and one of those was in our cabin on a very long cruise when some friends insisted we had to watch "Kinky Boots."  

As to MUTs, I am part of the movement that thinks they should throw all those big speakers overboard followed by the movie screen.  Until that happens we manage to find a deck chair somewhere on the ship that is out of range of the blasting sound and nowhere within sight of the MUTS screen :).  And I sometimes think that they should toss all the cell phones overboard right after the MUTS screen :).  When Princess first started MUTS it stood for "Movies Under the Stars."  Now it apparently stands for movies under the Star, Sun, Sky, Clouds, etc!   Listening to the blasting noise from speakers (which probably exceed OSHA noise levels) is not my idea of a quiet enjoyable sea day.  Even with the best noise canceling headphones it can be difficult to listen to one's own music.   On the other hand, there is still a place in my heart for an old Princess video that showed surfing dogs. Now that is what I call a good movie :).

Hank

I have watched a few movies but they have been inside (pre-MUTS). 

There have been a few times when I have been outside reading when MUTS is showing some sea scapes and playing peaceful music. Then a Tina Turner concert would come on blaring and everyone would vacate the area. I wish some one from the CD staff could have seen that.

I completely agree with you. 

10 hours ago, Coral said:

I have watched a few movies but they have been inside (pre-MUTS). 

There have been a few times when I have been outside reading when MUTS is showing some sea scapes and playing peaceful music. Then a Tina Turner concert would come on blaring and everyone would vacate the area. I wish some one from the CD staff could have seen that.

I completely agree with you. 

I fully think that most of the MUTS shows are overly loud & should be turned down a bit. The concerts are definitely turned up way to much for us old folks.

I can't see why they don't broadcast the sound at one moderate level & have an app transmitting the sound so that those people who need it extremely loud can use earphones. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Thanks for your input.

Glad someone was able to answer the question.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

BAH!!!  HUMBUG!!!! GET OFF OF MY LAWN!!!

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Not sure why all the snarky answers ....... hopefully, all done in good fun. 

I'm with you, I also like to know what's playing and I look up the reviews to pick out the ones I want to watch before I cruise.  

Not sure if you knew this but the movies that play on MUTS are oftentimes (or maybe, always .. except on the last day, of course) shown on your stateroom TV the following day.  I prefer to watch on MUTS on the big screen with either popcorn or a snack from the Grill or pizza stand.  There is just something so fun about that to me!!  

I also agree with the poster that noted that Tina Turner concert ... for goodness sake, it wasn't good the first time I saw it a decade ago ... 63 times later, it's even worse.  Nothing clears the pool area like Tina can.  hahaha

But, national sporting events are also great to watch on the big screen.  

• Like 3

If you don't like the movies, are you going to cancel the cruise.  If your answer is "of course not.  I am not going to cancel the cruise", of what use would a list of the movies be except that you will know in advance that all the movies will be lousy.  Better that you do not know.

DON

OP,  I get it.  We also enjoy MUTS and  I like to know what’s playing ahead of time so I can make sure I don’t watch the movies before boarding.

OP,  I have a suggestion for you… Go into your princess medallion class app, Swipe left and click on Plan Activities under Journey View,  scroll around (up, down, left and right) and read the activities, movies and shows if any are listed. On my last cruise I did find some of the movies here before the cruise.

Please share a list of the movies showing because our cruise is shortly after yours. Enjoy!

Also, thanks everyone for the many helpful replies.

I was quarantined a couple of days earlier this month on the Caribbean Princess. I was happy to be able to watch movies that had played on MUTS earlier during the cruise. Two that I enjoyed that had been on MUTS were Judy and Yesterday. I also watched a few other ones that were on-demand the whole cruise. One thing I dislike is that they wait to make the ones on MUTS available until the next day. Sometimes I'd rather watch them beforehand instead of having to wait. 

Others on MUTS included Avengers: Endgame, Dumbo, The Upside, Ad Astra, Spider Man: Far from Home, A Rainy Day in New York, and Toy Story 4. They had a bunch of football games on MUTS as well--Monday night, Thursday night, and Sunday afternoon and night.

• Like 1

Lots of snarky comments.  Of course, one would not cancel a cruise if the movies that are being shown were not to your liking but you might not watch the movie before your cruise or not select a particular movie on the flight to your port.  

Be kind folks.  The op was just asking a legitimate question.

• Like 1