Tribute Bands

willie362

On 12/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, willie362 said:

Hello,

I am sailing on Anthem Of The Seas on January 16, 2020. I know they have a different tribute band every week, Does anyone know who is scheduled to perform on my sailing?

We just got off the Anthem.The tribute band Rookie was fantastic.They are the number one tribute band in Toronto.

We had the Journey tribute band , and it was getting to me . I don't mind the odd Journey song but that high pitched singing continously was a bit much for me . Musicians were excellent .

I found the alternate band was more entertaining as they played a variety of rock music .

For Journey fans , I am sure they were thoroughly entertained .

On 12/26/2019 at 8:24 PM, lenquixote66 said:

We just got off the Anthem.The tribute band Rookie was fantastic.They are the number one tribute band in Toronto.

Rookie was very good, but they aren't a true tribute band.  They are a cover band that plays all different groups, not one group like a tribute band.

The ones I know of are: 

Wanted (Bon Jovi)  1/27/20

LA Vation (U2) 2/7/20

Rookie (Cover Band) March 1, 2020

Slippery When Wet (Bon Jovi)  March 8, 2020

Phoenix (Cover Band) March 29, 2020 

DSB April 5, 2020

Royal Swedes is the house rock/dance band and will be on until April.  They are excellent.

13 hours ago, gaylemh said:

The ones I know of are: 

LA Vation (U2) 2/7/20

DSB April 5, 2020

Royal Swedes is the house rock/dance band and will be on until April.  They are excellent.

They are excellent but I When they asked the audience to call out songs for them to play they did not know the one I requested,Stairway To Heaven.

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I googled Rookie and read that they are the Number one tribute band in Toronto.

What I didn't like about Rookie, is they did the exact same shows, including the same moves all three nights.  What I love about Led Zepagain, my favorite tribute band,  is they do different shows each night.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

What I didn't like about Rookie, is they did the exact same shows, including the same moves all three nights.  What I love about Led Zepagain, my favorite tribute band,  is they do different shows each night.

We've had No Quarter (Led Zeppelin tribute) on board Oasis for the last 3 days. The first 4 days we had Beatlemaniacs. 

17 hours ago, gaylemh said:

The ones I know of are: 

LA Vation (U2) 2/7/20

DSB April 5, 2020

My wife is going on Anthem 2/15 with some girlfriends. Shes dying to know who the tribute band is.  Any idea. Thanks 

4 hours ago, gaylemh said:

Blame RCI,they were hired to do songs of the 60’s to 80’s.

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Blame RCI,they were hired to do songs of the 60’s to 80’s.

Not RCI's fault.  If you go to their FB page. They advertise the show that they do.  There are hundreds of songs from the 60's - 80's that they could have done different shows every night.

Just now, gaylemh said:

Not RCI's fault.  If you go to their FB page. They advertise the show that they do.  There are hundreds of songs from the 60's - 80's that they could have done different shows every night.

I do not go to FB.I was told by an RCI employee that they choose the songs.

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Thank God!  😉 😄 

Love Led Zeppelin. I had asked for a Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd song.  Mikael said he couldn't do Zeppelin because his voice was iffy.  He did do a great Pink Floyd song, that they performed for the first time on the 12/8 cruise.

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not go to FB.I was told by an RCI employee that they choose the songs.

Sorry I have to disagree with that one.  I have requested songs from tribute bands and the house band, and if they knew it it would be played.

From the FB page.

ROOKIE’S NEW SHOW
Rookie is excited to unveil their new show, The History of Rock and Roll! Catch it on select ships. Message for details! Don’t miss this high-octane ride through the greatest rock and roll hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s!