Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
homedepot124

Why no frozen drinks on the Diamond menu?

36 minutes ago, cementhands said:

$1.00 tip.
Smile.

Say please.

And you’re gonna get a frozen drink with voucher.

Kinda hard to make a frozen drink without a blender.

47 minutes ago, cementhands said:

$1.00 tip.
Smile.

Say please.

And you’re gonna get a frozen drink with voucher.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Kinda hard to make a frozen drink without a blender.

Looks to me like they're referring to using a voucher at a regular bar that would have a blender.

6 minutes ago, 3CatsInMA said:

Looks to me like they're referring to using a voucher at a regular bar that would have a blender.

The discussion in this thread was mostly about the issue in the title of the thread - RCI, until it boots everyone out of the DL, needs to aim for the least common denominator for availability (and cost containment and other factors) - many DLs don't have a blender, hence one of the reasons they are not on the list.

I can see a distinction with frozen/non-frozen (not that I agree, but at least it's pretty clear). My mom (Diamond) has run into issues with bartenders insisting it's just for straight alcohol and does not allow for any mixers (ex. rum on the rocks, but no rum and coke or tequila straight, but not a margarita on the rocks). On one sailing every bar she visited told her this. It was clarified after speaking with a bar manager and it was no longer an issue later in the cruise. 

46 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The discussion in this thread was mostly about the issue in the title of the thread - RCI, until it boots everyone out of the DL, needs to aim for the least common denominator for availability (and cost containment and other factors) - many DLs don't have a blender, hence one of the reasons they are not on the list.

Thanks, I'm well aware of all of that.  Just pointing out the fact that vouchers are not used in the lounge, they're used at outside bars.

6 minutes ago, 3CatsInMA said:

Just pointing out the fact that vouchers are not used in the lounge,

Not yet, though some ships have been swiping the Seapass card in the DL.

2 hours ago, 123funcruiser said:

Let´s not Forget when the CL´s started, Long before DL´s and SL´s the lounges had no bar Servers for Drinks. It was the Concierge doing the Drinks.

It was self-serve bar so it was me doing the drinks.

Edited by marci22

In the small lounges who would want to hear a blender running constantly anyways? 

Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt..........frozen drinks on RCI are mostly food service product and some booze; it's NOT costing RCI much in material to make a pina colada, for example.  

I think it would be reasonable to for RCI to offer some of the less complex  frozen drinks on a Diamond menu IF the venue has a blender; meaning if you want to go use your Diamond voucher at a pool bar for a frozen drink, OK they are equipped to make it, but the "lounge" proper doesn't have a blender, so it wouldn't be available there.  I think it is a reasonable request by guests to be able to get that included if they are willing to go to a bar equipped to make it.  

It doesn't have to just be black and white.  And I don't think waving a dollar in someones face is the right way; because currently the frozen drinks aren't included and you're asking a bartender to put themselves at risk from their supervisor for the most meager reward.