Marella Discovery Itinerary Change. Colours of the Far East (Merged threads).

I'm still surprised we haven't heard anything from TUI regarding itinerary changes. Everything still says we are going to ALL ports as originally listed. I would be interested if anyone has noticed or notices a large amount of metalwork being taken on board ship at either Langkawi or Laem Chabang (Bangkok). It will be two weeks tomorrow evening we head to Gatwick and checkin/etickets should be available this Thursday.

Cruise Date: 13th February 2020

Keith (Southend)

Edited by Southendweather

We leave on Thursday afternoon at 3pm.  There should be no problem with flights from the uk or the ship but we do have to pass through the airports at that end and I’m taking no chances.

All loaded up and ready to travel to the airport in the morning.  Not looking forward to the airport or the long flight but needs must.  Have a good time Keith, hopefully no problems for you.  No refund yet.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ekco said:

All loaded up and ready to travel to the airport in the morning.  Not looking forward to the airport or the long flight but needs must.  Have a good time Keith, hopefully no problems for you.  No refund yet.

Those long flights are hard, but we have to do them, I just love the heat when you step off the plane. Have a great time, I'm quietly confident the ship maybe getting fixed soon, fingers crossed you get Malacca back. 🤞

28 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Have a good one ekco, our friends returned last week and had a fantastic time, just one port changed, they said worst thing was the journey home with a head wind which put an extra hour on the flight. 😎

image.png.fdaaadf1e3c2d165a122330e3fc84f6d.png

Looks like tomorrow you will have a nice 100knot (115mph) tail wind for part of your flight, you shoulkd get in a least half hour early.

Keith (Southend)

47 minutes ago, Southendweather said:

Those long flights are hard, but we have to do them, I just love the heat when you step off the plane. Have a great time, I'm quietly confident the ship maybe getting fixed soon, fingers crossed you get Malacca back. 🤞

On the P&O Aurora a few years ago,there was a stand off with the locals insisting on using their tenders.A 50-50 compromise was reached, but resulted in a 1 hr delay.The immediate area was pants,would recommend reseach in tours a little more away from there.

19 minutes ago, brian1 said:

On the P&O Aurora a few years ago,there was a stand off with the locals insisting on using their tenders.A 50-50 compromise was reached, but resulted in a 1 hr delay.The immediate area was pants,would recommend reseach in tours a little more away from there.

I did wonder, so it's Tenders at Malacca?

2 minutes ago, Southendweather said:

I did wonder, so it's Tenders at Malacca?

It was for Aurora which is a similar size to Discovery and I couldn't see a possible berth for her.Someone correct me if I'm wrong.Cheers,Brian.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, idh2019 said:

Tenders at Malacca and Koh Samui - interestingly the two they dropped from the itinerary.

I think it's more of a coincidence as the slower speed of the ship has the biggest problem on the longer distances, namely Singapore to Koh Samui>Bangkok then Malacca back to Langkawi, some of the other stops are relatively short distances that wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks everyone.  Hope we get a tail wind.  As for Manchester Airport, I absolutely loathe going through there.  Not to worry, I’ve done my dry January penance, not one drop since New Years Eve so maybe a glass of red on the plane to soften the edges.🍷

image.png.b875309fd7380077b810c4fb1c5c0794.png

Checked in online yesterday and printed out etickets, still nothing about any change of itinerary. Just two excursions still 'sold out' online that we would like to do. Ironically they are at Koh Samui and Malacca, but there others I could book available, but will wait until on ship to see if there are some places still bookable.

I notice Discovery is now at sea, not long left Langkawi. If 'ecko' sees this 'bon voyage'

Keith (Southend)

In Kuala Lumpur today, dull to say the least but going to Batu caves later.  Very hot even at night we sit on the balcony late at night in the heat.  Couldn't get the orangutan trip even though we went straight away so don't count on getting anything sold out online.  Time to move on.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ekco said:

In Kuala Lumpur today, dull to say the least but going to Batu caves later.  Very hot even at night we sit on the balcony late at night in the heat.  Couldn't get the orangutan trip even though we went straight away so don't count on getting anything sold out online.  Time to move on.

image.png.76ba525b167559f8e1e5958b61f4bc7e.png

Thanks for the update ecko.

Are you doing Koh Samui?

Keith

(Southend)

image.png.7fa4fd91a7e372c72ddf9fa6cd13bf28.png

I'll carry on posting until we go, but I think most people have either been are on this cruise.

I guess the biggest concern atm is the Coronavirus after a couple of ships have been quarantined. Hopefully 99% of crue and passengers have come just from the UK or have been on the ship for weeks now.

I see she is in Koh Samui today 🏝️🌞

Keith (Southend)

• Thanks 1