Coco Cay Pier

dlwolf72

47 minutes ago, soremekun said:

How can they squeeze in three ships there?

39 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I don't think they can, tied to the existing pier.

14 minutes ago, fred30 said:

It doesn't look like they are setup for tendering anymore so it would be limited to 2 ships.

July 21, 2020

We are on Oasis at Coco Cay that day, Mariner and Independence are also at Coco Cay that day.

7 minutes ago, Jarmo said:

interesting; don't know who to believe; the internet is a fickle place;  I suppose the only way to confirm one way or another is through the RCI website (if only they made that easy to do)

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingcococaybahamas-21jul2020.html

Edited by not-enough-cruising

20 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

July 21, 2020

We are on Oasis at Coco Cay that day, Mariner and Independence are also at Coco Cay that day.

That would be over 12,000 passengers at only double occupancy.    I don't think the island has that much capacity.

• Like 1

I was there on Navigator in September. It seemed empty with just our ship there. Navigator holds about 3,300 passengers. Could have been the weather also as it was chilly and rainy, so folks may have stayed on board. There are lots of different areas for people to disburse.

I would guess the walk from the ship to the entrance was just over 1/4 mile. I posted a video of my walk from the entrance to the Oasis Lagoon in my review (link in signature).

6 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

How accurate is this?    Shows HOS on feb 1 by her self?   
that’s great if it’s true.  No crowds for us I guess right. 

Don't know.  It was correct for my stops a couple weeks ago.  Matches up with this site as well.

http://crew-center.com/perfect-day-coco-cay-bahamas-cruise-ships-schedule-2020

Edited by Jarmo

What ship does NOT go to Coco Cay lately??  😮   Packing them in, making more $$$. 🤑

Back half of island from around Chill Island Beach, until the farthest access end, is mostly shut down with heavy tarps covering all access and view to the water as of a couple of weeks ago.  Losing more and more access to the natural part of the island.  

Free Loungers set up totally behind the beach beds at Chill Island beach, with no view at all,  did not look inviting.  

We walked around and then headed back to the ship.  Will do so when we are there on Mariner in two weeks as well.   

Edited by island lady

We were there several times in the last 10 days. Are you referring to the construction barrier near the the snack shack?  It did take up a lot of beach and if you were at the snack shack you could not see the ocean.  

If so, the construction barriers on much of that area were recently removed (At least for our cruise on December 20) and the  beach is available for  use. There is still the barrier around the land that will be the cocoa beach club. 

I think they’ve done a terrific job of allowing access on most of the island, with the ongoing construction.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

For context, O class (the ship in the pic below) is about 1200ft (1/5 mile)

image.thumb.png.68844d24c32b7e20188c4910976d46bf.png

That is great picture, thank you. It appears that the walk down the pier  is only about as long as the ship itself.

The walk on the pier seems much longer!  M

1 hour ago, fred30 said:

That would be over 12,000 passengers at only double occupancy.    I don't think the island has that much capacity.

Think was posted what the Capacity is, off hand can't remember the number. Might been 12K. Could see some point having ship coming in 7am-2pm, second later in day to overnite and third in middle would be no issue...long as all are not Oasis Class. Been yrs(80s-90s) since did Labadee and Coco Cay. Back then at most about 50-60% the ship was ashore at peak. Now with more to do and added Piers percent is higher but still not 100%

1 hour ago, island lady said:

What ship does NOT go to Coco Cay lately??  😮   Packing them in, making more $$$. 🤑

Back half of island from around Chill Island Beach, until the farthest access end, is mostly shut down with heavy tarps covering all access and view to the water as of a couple of weeks ago.  Losing more and more access to the natural part of the island.  

Free Loungers set up totally behind the beach beds at Chill Island beach, with no view at all,  did not look inviting.  

We walked around and then headed back to the ship.  Will do so when we are there on Mariner in two weeks as well.   

Last Spring booked a B2B2B the day was released. Couple weeks later they Changed my whole 3rd leg from West Carib to Key West, Nassau and Coco Cay. Should give passengers a kickback in saved Millage. Coco Cay might be only stop I get off for a minute

Edited by ONECRUISER

46 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We were there several times in the last 10 days. Are you referring to the construction barrier near the the snack shack?  It did take up a lot of beach and if you were at the snack shack you could not see the ocean.  

If so, the construction barriers on much of that area were recently removed (At least for our cruise on December 20) and the  beach is available for  use. There is still the barrier around the land that will be the cocoa beach club. 

I think they’ve done a terrific job of allowing access on most of the island, with the ongoing construction.

m

Will be interesting to see the difference in a couple of weeks.  Yes, was a very long barrier from about Chill Island Grill to down to end when we were on early December.  

This is from RC website:

"The average service capacity for a single call day on the island is projected at 6,500 guests."

During peak season you can easily have 11,000 passengers docking with just 2 ships.

Edited by fred30
  • Like 1