Has Wave Season been good to you?

mafig

Don't think I've ever paid attention to whether it is Wave Season or not.

However, I recently read a post where it was stated that good deals can be had during it.

Have you had any luck with Wave Season on Celebrity?  I'm monitoring a couple of cruises on Edge and would love to have the price come down just a little more.👍

Many wave season deals are to be had through the TAs. I booked Alaska during wave season (Jan-Feb) last yer and got all four perks thrown in plus 10% of the cruise fare as refundable OBC as well as a $50 loyalty bonus. With the $300 OBC-N from X, we had a total of $725 to spend, and that's after the pre-paid gratuities!

4 hours ago, Guindalf said:

Many wave season deals are to be had through the TAs. I booked Alaska during wave season (Jan-Feb) last yer and got all four perks thrown in plus 10% of the cruise fare as refundable OBC as well as a $50 loyalty bonus. With the $300 OBC-N from X, we had a total of $725 to spend, and that's after the pre-paid gratuities!

Why does the big box agency keep telling me that I cannot find out about my 10% back(was, card, OBC) until just before I sail?

I got a great deal (ok I thought it was great).. a 2B on a western Caribbean sailing of the equinox for $1362 (total including all charges, for 2 people). Including beverage package and $75 OBC. Plus an additional $200 OBC vía Amex Platinum card. I’ve never paid so little for a balcony for a week on X. When I look now it is hundreds more. And I booked only last week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Why does the big box agency keep telling me that I cannot find out about my 10% back(was, card, OBC) until just before I sail?

I have no idea. My online TA was able to tell me immediately how much I was getting. I would ask them and, if you’re not happy with their answer, look elsewhere! Remember that TA OBC is refundable and any remainder will be credited to your card Usually within 48 hours of the end of your cruise. It can NOT be used to book anything in your cruise planner beforehand and the non-refundable OBC will be used first. 

51 minutes ago, albi said:

My big box agency showed the 10% on their invoice.

Okay, so when you paid the final payment, or just the amount down?  I have my invoice from the big box company, but my 10% was not listed...is your company in the northeast?  I am hopefully getting educated with the big box company, as I must have booked under the "perfect storm" situation!

Edited by Lastdance

It shows up on the final invoice.  Yes, the northeast!

No problems.It showed up in our onboard account.  Didn’t use it.  At the end of the cruise it was promptly credited to our credit card on file.

I did notice the add on promotions say "New Bookings Only".   I wonder if they will be strict about that.  In the past they haven't been as most deposits were refundable so people could just as easily cancel and rebook.  But now the ones I'd like to reprice for later this year are NRD.  But given the current pricing they still may not end up cheaper with the promo!

Also if you look at the savings amounts those are per cabin.   In the T&C they are listed pp and are 1/2 of what's on the main part of the flyer.   On the Sail Beyond Event flyer they are listed as pp in both places so I got a bit more excited than I should have 🙂