Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
2PinaColadas

something to do with limited mobility

So, the plan for St. Lucia was ziplining.  But, I tore cartilage in my knee and had to have surgery.  So, no ziplining. Which beach has the least distance from taxi drop off to beach?  Does it have something for my DH to do?  He likes to scuba dive, snorkel and/or kayak.  Any suggestions?  

Thank you!

On 12/26/2019 at 1:11 PM, 2PinaColadas said:

So, the plan for St. Lucia was ziplining.  But, I tore cartilage in my knee and had to have surgery.  So, no ziplining. Which beach has the least distance from taxi drop off to beach?  Does it have something for my DH to do?  He likes to scuba dive, snorkel and/or kayak.  Any suggestions?  

Thank you!

The nearest beach is Vigie Beach. 20-30inute walk or 6 minute cab ride. It's just beach though. Beautiful, usually very calm, small boardwalk with local eats and drinks, shade.   Drop off is directly on the sand.  

Pigeon Island may be a better choice if you want more to do than beach.  30-35 minutes drive north. There's some ruins, hikes, beach, restaurants, bars, snuba, some snorkeling, etc.  Easy walking paths to the beach area, chairs available, so you could relax and he could be active.  $35 one way cab ride $8 entrance fee (national park). I thing there's a couple companies that do a "tour" as in bundle entrance fee, cab, chair, drinks cooler in one price. Viator, Serenity TVL, Real St Lucia Experience come to mind.  

Another option, if your interested, would be Spencer Ambrose's "Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break".  We've done this and really enjoyed it.  It's $90.00 each for adults but thought it was well worth it for all that's included.  There is a meeting spot right at the port and for the Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break tour, they take you directly by boat to Jalousie/Sugar Beach, which is the beach between the Pitons.  It took about 45 minutes to get there but there were one or two stops along the way to show us some points of interest.  Spencer's beach break is usually the first tour group to arrive and have first picks of the free loungers alloted for non guests of the resort.  The resort side has some very nice padded loungers, but I believe it's $50 to rent one of those.  The scenery is beautiful and if your husband likes snorkeling, there is a great snorkeling spot right in front of where the free loungers are.  Lunch is served on the beach and there are also unlimited beverages (bottled water, coke/diet coke, Piton Beer, and rum punch).  All of this is included in the cost.  On the return trip to the ship, you'll get the "sea tour" with several stops and great photo opportunities at points of interest.  If you're concerned about getting in and out of the boat with your knee, they will definitely assist you if you need it.  The last time we were there one gentleman had two very bad knees and was very slow getting around.  He and his wife were also concerned about him getting in/out of the boat but Spencer's crew helped him out.