Lapel Pin

jk04

We made Platinum on our last cruise.  Yay!!!  Was reading through the loyalty benefits and noticed a lapel pin.  I have usually seen those on Pinnacles and Diamonds, didn't realize there was one given to Emerald and Platinum.  Wasn't sure how the pins were distributed, mailed home, in your room as incentive for your next cruise.  So, off searching I went.  Came across the Forbidden Thread of Myth and Lore (title renamed to protect the innocent, or guilty) and I have to say it was hysterical.  Anyway, thank you for some good laughs and useful information from those in the more 'experienced' status levels 😁

If I am not mistaken in my reading, it seems the pins will possibly be in our room in the next cruise.  If not, just ask the LA.  After next year, we will be only 10 points from Emerald!!  I know, I know, it's just a Platinum pin but I think it will be kinda fun to have.

It's my precious!  We wants it!!  

gollumring.jpg

Edited by jk04
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jk04 said:

If not, just ask the LA.  After next year, we will be only 10 points from Emerald!!  I know, I know, it's just a Platinum pin but I think it will be kinda fun to have.

Correct. I'd bet most of us still have our pins from each tier level we've made. We don't wear ours but still have them and like it when we receive the new tier level pin. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

We've never automatically gotten ours, always had to ask. They're really kind of tacky, it's just cool to have them - we've certainly earned them.  When we turned D+ our concierge made an announcement in the lounge and presented them to us with a little ceremony - it was really cute. Later I found out friends had put him up to it - still it was fun, and the only time I've ever actually worn one! We rarely see anyone else wearing them - except for the Mariner last month. Saw lots of people with pins, but couldn't tell what level they were - it'd take a magnifying class to tell the difference!  But I think when we finally get to Pinnacle, we'll probably wear that one 😉

• Like 1

Had friends who had earned their diamond pins and had no use for them.  Gave maybe a half dozen to me.  I took one of them to my local friendly jeweler and had him put the biggest rhinestone that would fit onto it.  The next cruise, in the D lounge, when all are strutting their stuff, came in with one of my finest Carnival tee shirts on, but had the sea pass card on my landyard covering the pin.  Of course I was challenged, but when I exposed the pin it brought down the house.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, snl2000 said:

I’d like to read that thread. Can you post a link? 
Forbidden Thread of Myth and Lore (title renamed to protect the innocent, or guilty)

Here you go.  Host Bob may delete the link.  You do need to go in with a good sense of humor and take it in the spirit it was meant, just a fun thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2470761-i-do-flaunt-my-campa-status/

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Here you go.  Host Bob may delete the link.  You do need to go in with a good sense of humor and take it in the spirit it was meant, just a fun thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2470761-i-do-flaunt-my-campa-status/

LOL I remember that thread - it was hilarious!!  🤣😁

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

I have a question-

Is it the  custom for Pinnacles to  wear their pins during a cruise ?

I have seen photos of Pinnacle groups on CC and I have noticed those in the group wearing a pin. Is it a RCCL thing ?

Guests are more likely to wear lapel pins for the "official" photos.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, happytocruiseginny said:

I have seen Pinnacle members that have a gold colored name type badge that says Pinnacle in black letters.   I saw a LOT of them on Oasis at the beginning of this month (Dec 2019).  I have never seen pins for any other level

We see Diamond Plus pins commonly worn int he evening, especially in the lounges.

• Like 1