Platinum Latitudes Rewards

MeHeartCruising

Yay!  I'm now Platinum on NCL and looking forward to my 2 January cruises on the Pearl and Getaway.  Looking at the Tier Rewards on NCL.com, I have a couple comment/questions...

1. Gold and above get 1 or 2 (depending on level) "Just Water Cartons".  What the heck is a "Just Water Carton".  I'm assuming it was the bottle of water that I was given on my November cruise on the Pearl.  The "carton" part is a little odd.

2. Who picks the free bottle of wine with the free Cagney's/Le Bistro dinner?

3. How do you get the free 30 minutes of internet?  I'm familiar with signing into the wifi and then setting up my account and using it.

4. Is the "Behind the Scenes Ship Tour" lame or worth going?  I love to learn about the ship and how things are done.  It seems like there might be an awful lot of people on the tour if it's all Platinums and above.

5.  Anything else I need to know about?

4 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Yay!  I'm now Platinum on NCL and looking forward to my 2 January cruises on the Pearl and Getaway.  Looking at the Tier Rewards on NCL.com, I have a couple comment/questions...

1. Gold and above get 1 or 2 (depending on level) "Just Water Cartons".  What the heck is a "Just Water Carton".  I'm assuming it was the bottle of water that I was given on my November cruise on the Pearl.  The "carton" part is a little odd.

3. How do you get the free 30 minutes of internet?  I'm familiar with signing into the wifi and then setting up my account and using it.

4. Is the "Behind the Scenes Ship Tour" lame or worth going?  I love to learn about the ship and how things are done.  It seems like there might be an awful lot of people on the tour if it's all Platinums and above.

1. Two 500ml cartons of water, new type environmentally friendly.

2. They give you a list to choose from

3. On your account and the NCL app. You just click start.

4. Not too many, maybe 30 a group max. 15 on my last one. Very interesting if you haven't done it before.

5. Free laundry.

Edited by nclsuncruiser
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Thanks.  They didn't use those on the Pearl last month.  They gave me a typical plastic bottle.  I look forward to drinking from a carton.

They just started this to be more environmental friendly

I enjoy the behind the scenes tour, totally worth an hour our two out of a sea day. It's shocking just how impressed you can be with industrial laundry equipment - lol 🙂  Be sure to visit the Cruise Next desk to sign up on the first day or you may miss out.  They only run a few & keep the numbers low as you will be going through crew working areas and can't be in too large of a group. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

1. Bottles water 

2. You do off the “free” menu below

3. when you sign on, you select the free minutes from your sign in options. 
4. we go on the BTS tour on every ship. 
5. you must sign up for the BTS tour on embarkation day at the Cruise Next Desk. 
5. you must wear close toe shoes on the BTS tour 

5. just write “platinum” on your slip for your free bag of laundry. 

147EAF0F-0E27-4351-8039-A19F5D6AEFC1.jpeg

F6E14568-2F58-419F-9939-EE34A9F9FF48.jpeg

D020B1C3-600F-4EC7-9077-BAD5FF5FC4A4.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikalen said:

Does anyone know if I can take my room partner along with me for the Behind the Scenes

If you are both Platinum then why YES.

If your cabin mate is not then sometimes it is allowed - AND then like the last time NO.

Ask the Next Cruise people when you first get on board the ship.

If there is not a lot of request/demand for it you might be able.

Have succeeded on the SUN - several times on the DAWN been able to have my partner along for the ride.

Recently on the JEWEL a big flat firm NO.

No your partner can't pay his way either the BST for Platinum is supposed to be different than the

paid tour for guests - I wonder from what I have read here at CC.

Give it a try - nothing ventured - nothing gained !

3 hours ago, Mikalen said:

Does anyone know if I can take my room partner along with me for the Behind the Scenes

It may depend on the Cruise Next manager and how many people are signed up. However, with that being said, on one cruise the Cruise Next director let DH and I bring along a couple of DH's cousins. On another cruise my daughter went in my place.

On 12/26/2019 at 7:51 PM, FLAHAM said:

I am very pleased that NCL has switched away from plastic water bottles and straws.  I am not so pleased that cruise ships discharge many, many tons of pollution into the air during port stops. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/26/nyregion/cruise-ship-exhaust-shore-power-nyc.html?searchResultPosition=1

So, they should shut down the engines so you have no electricity while in port?

Should have just stopped after the first sentence, that would have have been in staying with the topic at hand.

• Like 4

On 12/26/2019 at 8:13 PM, BirdTravels said:

D020B1C3-600F-4EC7-9077-BAD5FF5FC4A4.jpeg

I just got off the Joy a week ago today.  They were very strict on the dinner coupons and did not allow you to stray from what it said you could have.  At Cagney's we were allowed to pick one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert just as the coupon stated.  I really wanted a salad, but they were not considered an appetizer.  I asked if I could have a salad instead since they were priced less than the appetizers.  I was told, no.  I also asked if I could substitute a side to go with my steak instead of a dessert and was again told, no.  This has not been my experience on other ships.  I guess I was just surprised at how rigid the experience felt.  I just went with the flow and ordered what I was allowed.  In the future, I think that I will really look over menus and have a good idea of which restaurants will give me a more balanced meal before I choose the restaurant.  I could have also purchased the items, but fortunately for me, my daughter had the dining package.  She was allowed to choose two appetizers or one app and one salad, an entree, two side dishes, and a dessert.  I was able to get some salad and vegetables from her to go with the steak.  By the way, the ribeye steak was amazing!  I liked it better than my daughters filet mignon.  

• Like 3

On 12/29/2019 at 1:51 PM, SteamboatCruiser said:

yep we realized the 35 dollar cap on our last cruise, so much for our free dinner. They keep diminishing our perks. It used to be i would get 2 dinners for me and the person i traveled with who was also a platinum would get two dinners. Now we have to split our vouchers. He eats at a different time than i  do. I wonder what else they will take away maybe the free laundry?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen anyone comment about the priority embarkation.  This will be our first trip as Platinum so don't know what to expect.  We will have people traveling with us that are not platinum, can they board with us as a group since we are traveling together?

We have also just reached Platinum on NCL and are looking forward to our next cruise in March. We are taking our children and grandchildren with us as it coincides with a big birthday.

Does anyone know if it is possible for us to give our free meal at Cagneys/Le Bistro and Moderno to our adult children to enjoy instead of us, as we have eaten at all of these restaurants before, but it would be a real treat for them.

I do know it says no transferable on the voucher but how rigid is this

Any help please

Many thanks

4 hours ago, mwfnaf said:

I haven't seen anyone comment about the priority embarkation.  This will be our first trip as Platinum so don't know what to expect.  We will have people traveling with us that are not platinum, can they board with us as a group since we are traveling together?

Sure why not?  Make friends with half the terminal before you board and maybe they can all board with you too....

8 hours ago, mwfnaf said:

Nope, but you can board with them.....just join the line as a group! 😉

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mwfnaf said:

They can purchase the Priority Access Pass. 

4 hours ago, el barco said:

We have also just reached Platinum on NCL and are looking forward to our next cruise in March. We are taking our children and grandchildren with us as it coincides with a big birthday.

Does anyone know if it is possible for us to give our free meal at Cagneys/Le Bistro and Moderno to our adult children to enjoy instead of us, as we have eaten at all of these restaurants before, but it would be a real treat for them.

I do know it says no transferable on the voucher but how rigid is this

Any help please

Many thanks

"Not Transferrable" is taken serious by NCL

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 5:48 PM, mking8288 said:

Well that stinks we dont care about the water, but we reuse the water bottles when going ashore, now we will needlessly have to waste a few dollars buying  2 bottles before we get on the ship. So in our case the cartons just make more waste for the environment and more money out of our pockets.

1 hour ago, Newleno said:

Well that stinks we dont care about the water, but we reuse the water bottles when going ashore, now we will needlessly have to waste a few dollars buying  2 bottles before we get on the ship. So in our case the cartons just make more waste for the environment and more money out of our pockets.

Purchase a reusable water bottle and fill it up before you leave........ sorry NCL inconvenienced you by making a decision towards being environmentally friendly.

But thank you for another example that no matter what companies do there will always be a critic because it didn't individually suit them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2