Hairy Chest contest .... what does it take to win ?

Luckiestmanonearth

From what I've seen, it's more about how you shake it, than any hair you may or may not have. It may have started as a "hairy chest" contest, but it's all about being outrageous with your dance moves I suppose if there was a big enough group, someone could win because of that, but it seems unlikely.

A guy won it on the Pride a few years ago and he had exactly zero hairs.  It was his dance and moves that won, doing one handed pushups over a hot tub,  hand stands, other things that the competitors couldn't get close to doing.  He was an active duty Marine on leave.

• Like 3

Congratulations!!! 😅 I have been host on CC for 20 years, with a few sabatticals, and this is a question I have never seen😮  I must admit  haven't seen one of these contests in ages. Please come back and tell us if you win!

Edited by Host Carolyn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On our last few cruises on the Vista and Horizon, the final round was to borrow clothing from fellow cruisers to put together the wildest outfit and try to form the longest conga line around the Lido deck.

Make sure you and your group (if you’re traveling with one) bring whatever large, shiny or gaudy items you have to help you make the wildest outfit you can manage. Last November on the Horizon, one of the men came prepared. One of the ladies in the group brought a weave that she must have worn to the club. It was great to see him dancing around with it held on by a gorgeous scarf that he borrowed from someone else. 😂 The Fun Squad also provides some props to help out. 

• Haha 1

The guy who one our cruise on the Fascination last year had zero hair but owned the crowd everywhere he went on the cruise. We called him Kevin Bacon, because he looked like Kevin Bacon. He did the splits (Several times) and used the showers like he was in Flash Dance. Very memorable and fun. 

First it’s not about a hairy chest at all. It’s about entertaining the crowd. And at one point each of the three “judges” has a chance to eliminate one contestant. I have seen it where one of the “judges” eliminates the most popular one. It’s really impossible to predict.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

On my only cruise on Vista 2018 in January. Older shy guy probably in his 70's. Clean shaven face. Took off his shirt and he looked like a bear neck to shorts front and back lol. What won it for him was when the crowd helps them get dressed up and a younger female group of girls got him in a skirt with a bikini top and lip stick. Was probably the funniest thing I saw on the cruise. 

• Haha 1

My wife entered me in it one cruise.it has nothing to do with body hair just how amusing you can be .the guy who won the time I was in it had hair on his head and that was about it.he did a stripper routine in a banana hammock and won the ship on a stick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The one time my DH entered and did not win. He was the harriest of the men. I sware he is related to Chewbacca!

The guy who won, was an elderly man with much charisma and rocked the crowd. When my DH volunteered for it, I could not believe it. It was so out of his norm. He is not the "look at me, see me shake it" type. He did have a great time and took home a medal that we still have. I have video too, if I ever need to use it! He was a celebrity after that as we passed folks in the halls. "Hey, you're the guy who should have won the hairy chest contest!"