5 things you'll never hear on an Azamara cruise

loveandcruises

On 12/27/2019 at 8:55 AM, loveandcruises said:

As a new "convert" to Azamara, here are 5 things I've actually said on other cruise lines that would never come out of my mouth on Azamara. Please feel free to join in with phrases of your own!

"The elevator is too crowded. Let's take the stairs."

"Oh my gosh, if I see Shrek again ..."

"What is this towel animal supposed to be?"

"How many beer cans are in that pyramid and did he really drink them all?"

"The line for the bumper cars is too long. Let's come back."

M Class ships on Celebrity also wouldn't reflect any of the above characteristics.  If you go from the 3,000 passenger ships straight to R class ships and skip M class on Celebrity, you're missing something good (especially aqua class).  They can also get into many ports that the mega ships cannot and cruise fares are usually much lower.  There is a time and a place for each of these.  

• Like 1

Agree with your “time and place”

I believe the Oceanview Cafes we’re being converted to the “food station” concept. Has that process been competed?

Otherwise you might hear me say, “The buffet on this ship reminds me of a school/university  cafeteria.”

1 hour ago, nordski said:

Agree with your “time and place”

I believe the Oceanview Cafes we’re being converted to the “food station” concept. Has that process been competed?

Otherwise you might hear me say, “The buffet on this ship reminds me of a school/university  cafeteria.”

Agree on Oceanview on M Class.  I do like the area in back though.  We haven't been on since 2018 and have S Class scheduled for November for Caribbean (not sure if we'll keep it).  On the whole, I like the M class ships.  They never seem crowded and have some of the positives of the S class ships without the crowds.

And the number one phrase never uttered.. certainly not by me is "Gee.. thank goodness it's the last day.  Can't wait to get off this ship!"

Btw.. The comments by Charlie's Aunt about the shower curtain and Jim in OR about the internet were HILARIOUS.

14 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

And the number one phrase never uttered.. certainly not by me is "Gee.. thank goodness it's the last day.  Can't wait to get off this ship!"

Btw.. The comments by Charlie's Aunt about the shower curtain and Jim in OR about the internet were HILARIOUS.

and I have rarely heard that on any cruise unless it has been an unusual situation like the horrible winds we encountered last month: Actually the cruise we heard it on was Azamara. I guess we should never say never. 

53 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

Actually you will hear that. 
 It’s often sung on White Night complete with all the actions! 😂

You are quite right .  I stand corrected. I guess i was having so much fun I forgot.

• Like 1

"Oh, my God, look at the line to pay. You'd think they never saw a T-shirt before."

"Look! The robot is making the drink!"

"There's no room to sit in the Diamond Lounge."

"I'll be on deck 14"

The line for Guest Relations must be 50 people long."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boco said:

Every cruiseline has its charm, so why these comments....

Totally agree and I find this thread rather exclusive and snooty because of it. You can easily turn the observations round if you like the bigger ships with lots of amenities. Thank goodness we have such a wide choice. 

Phil 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Totally agree and I find this thread rather exclusive and snooty because of it. You can easily turn the observations round if you like the bigger ships with lots of amenities. Thank goodness we have such a wide choice. 

Phil 

Well said Phil, just what I thought.

• Like 1

It’s not either/or in terms of ship size or cruise lines. It’s do your homework and don’t rely on a travel agent to tell you the whole picture check out and validate things yourself then work out what’s for you and how you use it. 
And I’ve heard many of the statements quoted here on Azamara- no room to sit in the Living Room, look at the crush in the shop (ok it’s small which does not help) washy washy, I can’t wait to get off this ship, I hate Windows it’s like lining up for school dinners etc etc etc. 
I don’t think statements you hear defines a line though I did chuckle last month being docked beside a Carnival vessel in the Caribbean and overhearing repeated announcements from there requesting I did not take ships cutlery or plates and glassware to use ashore. It might well have been only an issue with the guests on that particular voyage. 

I thought that this topic was lighthearted when it started. It seems to have gone somewhat off track imho. One thing I’ve never heard is “who is steering the ship”. I like that senior staff are visible and friendly.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 2:54 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Very good points. there is no way to turn a cruiser off quicker than for people to start thinking a particular cruise line is above the others. Loyalty is one thing, snobbery is something else. 

• Like 1