Yay. Tickets have arrived!

besberry

On 12/27/2019 at 9:39 AM, besberry said:

Well I had an email with my tickets attached.  Part of the information said that I should put a Silversea tag on all my bags, including hand luggage.  Goona be difficult, they only sent me one!!

At some point you’ll receive the infamous silver box.  Inside it will be more paper tags for your luggage than you will most likely need.

The silver box for our cruise next week came 2-weeks before departure, whereas the ticket arrived about a month prior to embarkation

They sent you just one of the rigid plastic tags with steel attachment cable, put that one on whatever bag you want, probably best on your checked one. They last forever and you'll get a new one with each cruise so you can end up with them on every bag you own.

What SS means is the soft peel-off cruise specific luggage labels with your cabin number - you've probably got four of them in a booklet in the silver box - then if you don't want to carry your hand luggage with you at lunch while waiting for the cabins to be ready at 2pm, you can leave it with reception or somewhere and it'll be delivered to your cabin.

You don't have to if you don't want. I travel with only carry on and don't use any of their labels and keep my bag with me - as a solo, it occupies the other chair at lunch.

17 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

At some point you’ll receive the infamous silver box.  Inside it will be more paper tags for your luggage than you will most likely need.

The silver box for our cruise next week came 2-weeks before departure, whereas the ticket arrived about a month prior to embarkation

The silver box arrived about a fortnight ago.  Quite disappointing really!

3 hours ago, jollyjones said:

They sent you just one of the rigid plastic tags with steel attachment cable, put that one on whatever bag you want, probably best on your checked one. They last forever and you'll get a new one with each cruise so you can end up with them on every bag you own.

What SS means is the soft peel-off cruise specific luggage labels with your cabin number - you've probably got four of them in a booklet in the silver box - then if you don't want to carry your hand luggage with you at lunch while waiting for the cabins to be ready at 2pm, you can leave it with reception or somewhere and it'll be delivered to your cabin.

You don't have to if you don't want. I travel with only carry on and don't use any of their labels and keep my bag with me - as a solo, it occupies the other chair at lunch.

That makes sense.  I musunderstood what they were saying, I thought they meant the plastic thing that came with the silver box.