Classic Soda Pkg refillable cup

mom2two2

Good point - i don't think i want to carry around a 20oz cup all day either.   I'd like a smaller cup option that would fit in my bag (people who like the 20oz cup should continue to have that option as well).  As it is - i'm looking for a larger bags that hold a cup this size. 

If i can get a glass of soda from the bar - that would be better for me - I look forward to the responses. 

Also, Is the top spill-resistant? 

You can go to any bar and get a soda.  In order to use the Freestyle machine, you must have the cup they give you with the chip in it to activate the machine.  The cup does have a sliding top to prevent spills. 

The disadvantage of the bar option, is that they limit you to soda and what types they have available. Most places had 2 Liters they were using. I saw a guy ask for water, but that is not included in the soda package. You need the refreshment package for that. 

4 hours ago, DSJ28 said:

Also, Is the top spill-resistant? 

Resistant to spills, but definitely not leak- nor spill-proof. For example, I would not fill the souvenir cup and then put it into a tote or backpack to carry around with me all day (e.g. when going ashore), even if you try to keep it upright.

14 hours ago, moopetguy said:

Resistant to spills, but definitely not leak- nor spill-proof. For example, I would not fill the souvenir cup and then put it into a tote or backpack to carry around with me all day (e.g. when going ashore), even if you try to keep it upright.

Yep... I decided to bring it with me to one of the kids soccer games so I filled it but we didn't even make it out of the driveway before i noticed liquid coming out..  I don't remember it spilling so easily while onboard though.  

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The vast majority of bars will give you a glass of soda that is filled from the gun.  The two liter bottles are very much the exception, not the rule.

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Depends on the bar. Lots if not most still use the guns from what I've seen. 

Whew!  Thanks for the prompt answer.  A lot has changed since my last cruise, but this was alarming.... hubs would have come unglued.

About 1/3 of the time in our experience the guns are not working and bartender uses 2 liter bottles or sometimes cans.  Personally I prefer to get a larger amount of soda from the Freestyle machine than stand in line for a small glass from a bar.  Sometimes the machines are out of ice or a particular syrup, though.

We take old, unused, cups onboard with us to get soda before we can get into the cabin.  So far this has always worked.  Generally a cup is good for 14 days after first use in a machine.  Did have one of the new 50th anniversary cups crack after a few days so was glad to have a spare (they won't replace a cup for free).

We don't know if cups used on one ship would be good on another cruise and don't plan on finding out.  Have about 20 unused cups at home and throw used ones out when we leave the ship.  We get a second set on B2B cruises (and in one case got 4 on the second cruise) but just continue to use the first cup until the end of the cruise.  We always get the soda package (except next B2B with the $18 glitch) since we drink at least 5 sodas a day.  Don't need to bring wine onboard or buy any more since we can get our preferred wine at dinner with Diamond drinks.