Can you glue a pin back or a magnet to the Princess medallion

VanDeCruise

We will soon be on our first Princess Cruise and we received our medallions. I noticed that our medallions are magnetically attracted to each other. Does anyone know if I could attach a snap button or a magnet to the back without affecting the function of it? If you get the bracelet or other holder, are the medallions held in to them magnetically? Also can they demagnetize cards or electronics accidentally?

10 hours ago, VanDeCruise said:

We will soon be on our first Princess Cruise and we received our medallions. I noticed that our medallions are magnetically attracted to each other. Does anyone know if I could attach a snap button or a magnet to the back without affecting the function of it? If you get the bracelet or other holder, are the medallions held in to them magnetically? Also can they demagnetize cards or electronics accidentally?

There is a weak magnet is built inside the medallions which allows it to snap in place with the items that Princess sells. Even if you glue a stronger magnet to the medallion it would't affect it's range or operation in the slightest.

We hold our medallions in place with very strong magnets that we always add & we've never had a any problems in it's operation. 

Also- if you ask for a replacement cruise card, any magnets no longer have any effect on those newer type cards as in the past. (or credit cards)

I'm still not certain if they'll let you have both a card & a medallion during the cruise. I think you'll have to turn in the medallion if you want a card???

I know they wouldn't let me keep my old medallion that went bad.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skynight said:

You probably can glue a snap to the back of the medallion. Personally I think the snapping & unsnapping would be a pain. 

No worse than having that thing dangling around you neck each day.

You snap in on your blouse or shirt & you're done with it.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

There is a weak magnet is built inside the medallions which allows it to snap in place with the items that Princess sells. Even if you glue a stronger magnet to the medallion it would't affect it's range or operation in the slightest.

We hold our medallions in place with very strong magnets that we always add & we've never had a any problems in it's operation. 

Also- if you ask for a replacement cruise card, any magnets no longer have any effect on those newer type cards as in the past. (or credit cards)

I'm still not certain if they'll let you have both a card & a medallion during the cruise. I think you'll have to turn in the medallion if you want a card???

I know they wouldn't let me keep my old medallion that went bad.

My wife and I were on the Royal Princess a few months ago as an Ocean Medallion cruisers and went to the customer service desk and asked for cruise cards. We'd collected them for so many years we simply wanted one for that trip. They went in the back cut us each a card with no complaints of hesitation and NO they didn't take our medallions.

Tom

9 minutes ago, Bwana Tom said:

My wife and I were on the Royal Princess a few months ago as an Ocean Medallion cruisers and went to the customer service desk and asked for cruise cards. We'd collected them for so many years we simply wanted one for that trip. They went in the back cut us each a card with no complaints of hesitation and NO they didn't take our medallions.

Tom

Interesting. We were also on the Royal when the person at the desk wouldn't let us keep our old one.

Maybe they though we'd get confused?