"Wifi feasibility test" on Quest, December 28

marinaro44

Sorry to appear so negative but for me there are many flaws in this trial, to take an alternative view if I was new to Azamara and booked a CC suite for a 7 night cruise unlimited internet would cost $139.65 however this would be totally covered by my $150 suite allowance. But with the proposed scheme I would only receive 50% off so have to pay $69.82 towards it, if I had booked on the assumption my allowance would cover the cost I would be one unhappy customer. Break even would only come with a 15 night cruise.

I agree with uktog in the long term I can’t see Azamara running with two schemes so there are potentially more losers than winners.

• Like 2

Azamara loyalty is about how much you pay.
LCV is about total points.
The more you pay for accommodation the more points you receive.

We have been "Top Cruisers" 4 times but are only Discover Plus

If we ever reach Platinum we will be the happiest people in the world
We will have reached 100 years of age and fit enough to still be traveling! 🤩

We have B2B cruises in March 2020
On the second cruise we will reach 365 nights on Azamara
But we don't think that Azamara will roll out the red carpet

This loyalty level does not exist with Azamara

What about a new discount system for true loyalty

10 to 19 cruises 25% - 20-29 cruises 50% - 30 Plus cruises Unlimited Internet.

Those in Miami seem to only count beans.

Peter & Trish

Edited by baytraller

I'm a little confused--is that percentage off now replacing the dollar value for full-voyage internet packages?  If so, that's a loss for us.  The $70 off a package for our LCV level is better than 35% off for all but one of the Azamara cruises we've taken or have booked.  That's very disappointing.

Ha.  Of course it did!  Thanks.  The Internet was so crazy slow on the ship I should have even demanded back the $69.  Internet on the Summit in June was incredible.  if Azamara is supposed to be a step-up from Celebrity, they need to upgrade their Wifi connectivity.  

3 hours ago, hiccups said:

I'm a little confused--is that percentage off now replacing the dollar value for full-voyage internet packages?  If so, that's a loss for us.  The $70 off a package for our LCV level is better than 35% off for all but one of the Azamara cruises we've taken or have booked.  That's very disappointing.

You need to read the attachment from Bonnie

The existing benefits are combined with the extra %

So Veranda Plus would be the same as 10-19 cruises - extra 25% combined minutes or redemption value

3 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Remember the days when making a telephone call in a hotel cost an arm and a leg ?

Surely Wi Fi should be free to everyone on board.  Viking Ocean is free, Saga is free etc etc.

I presume there is a technical issue but surely that can be fixed.

Doubt it’s technical as they do happily sell packages to the whole ship.  I agree it should be free or at a FAR lower cost and they need to invest in the kit.  There’s obviously issues with the onboard infrastructure given the telephone issues on Journey in November (not working for six days) and the fact they did not invest in an upgrade on Pursuit to give everyone interactive TVs ( the app should be as well as not instead of). 

Whilst looking around for an alternative home, my eyes have indeed been opened to far better WiFi provisions and inclusions on other lines. On Azamara it’s been discussed about at length when Bill was our blogging officer and all these years on nothing has been done about it. You have to wonder why. 

In my opinion there has always been a lack of investment in certain areas, the in room entertainment is rubbish not even a music channel available on the TV.

The available programs have not improved over the years and the lack of interactive on Pursuit is another prime example.

Edited by Bloodaxe

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Remember the days when making a telephone call in a hotel cost an arm and a leg ?

Surely Wi Fi should be free to everyone on board.  Viking Ocean is free, Saga is free etc etc.

I presume there is a technical issue but surely that can be fixed.

I was about to post something similar, in this day and age wi-fi is no longer considered a luxury. As far as I can see all of Azamara’s competitors are offering included wi-fi, sadly Azamara is becoming a cruise line with luxury aspirations and a budget outlook.

• Like 1

I’m afraid that ever since they reduced the value of the LCV benefits a few years ago citing the “free” nights, it’s been obvious that rewarding loyalty in a sensible way has not been a priority for Azamara and now this new trial proves the point.  Sadly it’s all about immediate bottom line revenue rather than rewarding loyalty and I find it an insult to the intelligence to dress it up as anything else.  Bonnie’s comments here and lack of detailed information are very poor and endorse my disappointment.  Sorry to say.

Phil

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I’m afraid that ever since they reduced the value of the LCV benefits a few years ago citing the “free” nights, it’s been obvious that rewarding loyalty in a sensible way has not been a priority for Azamara and now this new trial proves the point.  Sadly it’s all about immediate bottom line revenue rather than rewarding loyalty and I find it an insult to the intelligence to dress it up as anything else.  Bonnie’s comments here and lack of detailed information are very poor and endorse my disappointment.  Sorry to say.

Phil

I 100% agree and am sorry to be saying it about a cruise line that was once my go to without question.  It could have stayed that way as well but did not.  Onboard, the hardworking staff do so much but it can only mask the underlying issues for so long 

Edited by uktog

2 hours ago, uktog said:

when Bill was our blogging officer 

You have reminded me of the sadly missed Bill.  I remember him from when I first sailed on Azamara - I loved his wit and style.

Now we have also lost Richard Twynam in the UK.  Another retrogade step despite Azamara's protestations to the contrary.

We have a B2B booked in June 2020. Nice itinerary Italy intensive and France intensive.  We used our 4 free nights on the first leg and saved only a couple of hundred pounds. The calculation is certainly not what I expected.   The second leg has varied between £750 and £550 cheaper than our price.  Still not sure what OBC we lose if we use the cancellation promise from an on board booking.  Why is everything so complicated ?  

They way things are going I am certainly looking at alternatives for future cruises.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

The second leg has varied between £750 and £550 cheaper than our price.  Still not sure what OBC we lose if we use the cancellation promise from an on board booking.

If you made the booking onboard you keep your OBC. 

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

12 hours ago, baytraller said:

You need to read the attachment from Bonnie

The existing benefits are combined with the extra %

So Veranda Plus would be the same as 10-19 cruises - extra 25% combined minutes or redemption value

I don't sail in a suite or Veranda Plus.  I'm asking if the second chart is going to be the new LCV internet discount.  If so, that is a loss of value for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hiccups said:

I don't sail in a suite or Veranda Plus.  I'm asking if the second chart is going to be the new LCV internet discount.  If so, that is a loss of value for us.

This trial clearly relates only to those in Suites & Veranda Plus. There is no suggestion that the discount mentioned would be applied to those in other cabins. It appears to be an attempt to overcome the criticism that when you’re in a Suite you get EITHER the Suite benefit OR your LCV benefit but not both.

8 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

You have reminded me of the sadly missed Bill.  I remember him from when I first sailed on Azamara - I loved his wit and style.

Now we have also lost Richard Twynam in the UK.  Another retrogade step despite Azamara's protestations to the contrary.

We have a B2B booked in June 2020.

Certainly can’t speak to the departure of Richard Twyman but, like you, I also enjoyed the posts by Bill.

However, I also appreciate the approach taken by Bonnie in that I think she is more willing to take on individual issues. It seemed to me that Bill wanted to focus more on generic concerns.

I also think Bonnie has been proactive about taking questions/complaints to the higher authorities, I think that being the middle person is not always a comfortable position.

Since we are in a rather “heated” moment(s) on this forum, I also recall Bill telling us that at similar moments he would monitor but not respond, waiting for some consensus or a cooler assessment to prevail. Perhaps it was during the change in policy to “more inclusive”.

We have been fortunate to have both Officers on this forum.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

This trial clearly relates only to those in Suites & Veranda Plus. There is no suggestion that the discount mentioned would be applied to those in other cabins. It appears to be an attempt to overcome the criticism that when you’re in a Suite you get EITHER the Suite benefit OR your LCV benefit but not both.

It's not clear to me. Perhaps I'm being thick, but why quote "Le Club Voyage minutes" in the letter that Bonnie posted?  Why would occupiers of suites enjoy a different calculation of LCV discount?  LCV is a universal benefit for all and should be standard. Do you see what I mean?

Phil 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Its not clear to me, if it was only relating to guests in these rooms it would say Dear Suite and Veranda Plus Guests.  It is addressed Dear LCV Member...............

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

The question that comes to mind is why in the long term would LCV minutes have a different redemption value in Suites and Veranda Plus than other cabin categories surely this would be unnecessarily complicated. There is also the problem that non LCV passengers in CC suites on itineraries of less than 15 days have a reduction in expected benefits.

To just allow the combination of suite and LCV redemption values would be easily administered and have the same net effect on the majority of itineraries.

• Like 1

🤔 Just to put a smile on a few faces . . . hopefully . . .

This thread has reminded me of the statement by an Azamara crew member that to understand the

intricacies of Azamara's "fine print" one required degrees in both law and mathematics!  🙃

Edited by Baynanno1
  • Like 2