Extremely disappointed in princess

caligirlfashionista

3 minutes ago, caligirlfashionista said:

Thank you... it weird that people are quick to get so offended when the vets on this forum were the very people who told me to ask lol... good grief!

maybe I missed it , but did you post when your cruise is and what promotion you originally booked under ?

• Like 1

Wondering if you were told the mini suite cabin number during your phone call?

Also, have you logged into your cruise personaliser today to see if your cabin has changed?

Call back today and start over, ask what it would cost to upgrade your balcony cabin to a mini suite, so you can have that bathtub.

Edited by dog
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, voljeep said:

maybe I missed it , but did you post when your cruise is and what promotion you originally booked under ?

I didn’t post it... the way some of these people have responded I might get beaten up on sight lol but thank you for trying to help solve my issue 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dog said:

Wondering if you were told the mini suite cabin number during your phone call?

Also, have you logged into your cruise personaliser today to see if your cabin has changed?

Call back today and start over, ask what it would cost to upgrade your balcony cabin to a mini suite, so you can have that bathtub.

I was too excited! I did not, I made the mistake of assuming that the email I received from princess while speaking with the agent was my confirmation. It was only an ad 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caligirlfashionista said:

I didn’t post it... the way some of these people have responded I might get beaten up on sight lol but thank you for trying to help solve my issue 😉

got it … you don't want to post any details … about WHY the outcome is what you got … 

meh

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, voljeep said:

got it … you don't want to post any details … about WHY the outcome is what you got … 

meh

what does that have to do with it? I qualified for an upgrade at the same rate of my original cruise cost and the travel agent supposedly  booked the upgrade and had the upgrade posted in the notes. However something happened where it didn’t go through! Princess said there was nothing they could do , gave me multiple explanations on what could have happened. If I try and explain word for word and detail by detail of what transpired I would never finish telling what happened. 

Edited by caligirlfashionista
Spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

simple questions

1) did you book under a promotion that had perks ?

2) are you past final payment ?

3) is there now a different promotion than you booked under ?

4) have there been price drops since your original booking ?

simple 

28 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Yeah, way too much drama over vagueries and lack of details 

It really is a ton of drama because of MY post . I was venting about princess and my disappointment with their services and people are in their feelings because of what??? Eliminate this drama and pm your number and we call princess and fix this together...let’s make it a happy day! I’m only responding courtly because of the  way I’m being responded to,if you’re polite to me then I am polite to you, people get what they give it’s not drama 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, voljeep said:

simple questions

1) did you book under a promotion that had perks ?

2) are you past final payment ?

3) is there now a different promotion than you booked under ?

4) have there been price drops since your original booking ?

simple 

40% off

I paid in full when I booked  the original cruise 

no 

yes 

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I've seen less & less birthdays being celebrated since they begun doing so.

Could it be that no one wants they're cake anymore??

It's not really that great & you can request one every night you want it, even if it's not your special night.

I was asked if there was some occasion for out booked cruise. I said our anniversary was a couple weeks after the cruise. I was told close enough, do you want balloons and a cake. I said sure, why not.

I told DW, and she said it was not really our anniversary, and she definitely did NOT want that. The next time I called, I explained and asked if I could cancel it. I guess they did it because it is no longer on my personalizer.

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I was asked if there was some occasion for out booked cruise. I said our anniversary was a couple weeks after the cruise. I was told close enough, do you want balloons and a cake. I said sure, why not.

I told DW, and she said it was not really our anniversary, and she definitely did NOT want that. The next time I called, I explained and asked if I could cancel it. I guess they did it because it is no longer on my personalizer.

Did you use a TA?

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

You can celebrate it anytime you want to. Just ask the waiter for a cake & it'll show up even without a card. On our last cruise we asked for a birthday cake one evening & the waiter repeatedly asked us if we wanted to have one each night thereafter. 

No more balloons if you were counting on them unless you bring your own. 

8 hours ago, caligirlfashionista said:

Because... I was told by fellow cruisers that sometimes you can get an upgrade for free ... so why wouldn’t I ask first???🤷‍♀️😒

Does anyone get a free upgrade after asking? Anyway, I thought the days of free mega upgrades are gone. Now it is 'upsell'.

7 hours ago, pablo222 said:

Did anyone read the whole post, before jumping in to defend their beloved princess?

At the end of the call with the first agent, the agent told the customer that she had found an upgrade to a mini-suite for the same price.

Perfect.  Customer happy.  

The subsequent issue and calls were because the promised upgrade did not show up.

Perhaps this section from the original post will be helpful:

’.She Said yes, and told me to hold a second to check the rates .She informed me that I was in luck! That  she found a mini suite for the same price that I booked my balcony and said that she would upgrade me. I thanked her several times because I could not express how elated I was. She began the process and my phone alerted me of a princess email .

Once the agent said "I have upgraded you", the custome has every right to expect the upgrade,

and to be disappointed if they don't get it.

Of course I read the whole original post, a few times in fact. She did write that she wanted freebies for her husband's birthday.

I would have been disappointed too if the upgrade didn't occur, but not devastated. We don't know why it didn't happen. Maybe another customer was able get that mini suite before the agent dealing with the OP. Maybe a supervisor overruled the agent and denied the upgrade.

Going forward - If the OP hasn't been upgraded, maybe she should consider contacting Princess to see how much it would cost to upgrade to a suite or mini-suite.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Does anyone get a free upgrade after asking? Anyway, I thought the days of free mega upgrades are gone. Now it is 'upsell'.

It doesn't matter if it is right or wrong to ask for an upgrade.   It might be the most absurd thing ever...

But...

The princess agent told her she had been upgraded.

She has every right to be upset that it didn't happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Outerdog said:

She claims the princess agent told her she had been upgraded.

Why would I make that up for a thread??? Being that my writing skills are horrible I would not waste my time ,buddy.

You seem pretty bitter about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you...chill ...everything is ok😒

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I've received free upgrades on guarantee cabins. This summer it was going to an unobstructed ocean view after booking an inside. I've never asked for an upgrade. I have requested a change in cabins after receiving my assignment if I find an available cabin in the assigned category that I like better. For my cruise this month, it meant moving from a quad cabin with berths jutting out of the walls into a cabin that didn't have them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Which should ve the extent of FREE surprises 

My daughter and I cruised for her birthday and while onboard, she was sent a Free Specialty Dinner gift card and a $50 Spa Credit which she used in the beauty salon!  It was her first Princess cruise and I was very surprised by it...but she was thrilled!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Of course I read the whole original post, a few times in fact. She did write that she wanted freebies for her husband's birthday.

I would have been disappointed too if the upgrade didn't occur, but not devastated. We don't know why it didn't happen. Maybe another customer was able get that mini suite before the agent dealing with the OP. Maybe a supervisor overruled the agent and denied the upgrade.

Going forward - If the OP hasn't been upgraded, maybe she should consider contacting Princess to see how much it would cost to upgrade to a suite or mini-suite.

agree.  Going forward.  If your personalizer still shows no upgrade. Contact Princess and start over. Ask cost to upgrade. 
did OP do this yet?
more-useful to call Princess and pay for upgrade then spend so much time on this thread. 

Edited by dog