Reflection.. uncrowded

Vacation Nut

We have just returned from a Xmas cruise (20-27 th). It was wonderful, and although the CD Giuseppi ( also wonderful) said the ship was full with lots of triple occupancy, there was always masses of room on the pool deck and the other areas away from the pool. I was so surprised by this. The only crowded time was the evening arrival in San Juan when everyone wanted to get off at exactly the same time. They managed the crowd really well and it only took about 10 mins. By the way, we had a helicopter take off a passenger this cruise. The conditions were really bad, and the US coast guard and the captain, did a wonderful job. We have been on about 14 cruises and this is the fourth time we have had a helicopter evacuation of a passenger.

I am now looking forward to another Xmas cruise and maybe next time try Edge.

I was on that cruise too, and mostly agree. But main dining anytime was a disaster.  I have seen nothing like this on a cruise ship before.  Waiting in line while having a reservation with madness at the desk made each night more stressful.  People from behind constantly Bypassing the line (who had reservations too) to reach the desk because they had one person there only. Any time a customer had an issue things froze for 5-10 mins.  And people had issues because so many groups of 10+. 

the crew outside of MDR did great.  Very little waiting. For some reason the buffet was less crowded at lunch.  The lines to get off the ship went fast or did not exist.  

I was also on this cruise and had a very early MDR time of 530 so didn't experience any headaches. It was strange that when it was rainy and windy on Wednesday, the ship almost seemed empty. However, the game room was heavily utilized.

Interesting about anytime dining issues. We normally do anytime,  but could not this cruise and were allocated the 8:30pm seating instead. I think I will stick with set dining time from now on, there were no waits or worries about when to eat and fit in entertainment. We had a table for 2 and a very pleasant experience.