Summit: Evening Chic Nights and Other Activities

printingchick

First time cruising on Celebrity; I typically cruise on Royal ships. I realize that Celebrity does "Evening Chic" as opposed to "Formal Nights." Are there still 2 of these per 7-day cruise? Anyone know which nights? Any other traditional Celebrity activities I should be aware of? (For example, like the 70s party on Royal ships.) Do you know where I might be able to view some RECENT daily newsletters for the Summit out of San Juan? Many thanks!!

5 minutes ago, printingchick said:

First time cruising on Celebrity; I typically cruise on Royal ships. I realize that Celebrity does "Evening Chic" as opposed to "Formal Nights." Are there still 2 of these per 7-day cruise? Anyone know which nights? Any other traditional Celebrity activities I should be aware of? (For example, like the 70s party on Royal ships.) Do you know where I might be able to view some RECENT daily newsletters for the Summit out of San Juan? Many thanks!!

Two evening chic nights. First is night 2 and the second is night 6. Make sure to check your Celebrity Today in case of a change. 

Edited by davekathy

Thanks. Any traditional activities I should be aware of? Royal typically has a deck party they call "white night," but if you don't know about it in advance, you might now having anything white to wear. Wondering if there is anything like that on Celebrity.

5 minutes ago, printingchick said:

Thanks. Any traditional activities I should be aware of? Royal typically has a deck party they call "white night," but if you don't know about it in advance, you might now having anything white to wear. Wondering if there is anything like that on Celebrity.

No White Night on Celebrity. There is a Silent Disco one evening. We've never done it. 

Edited by davekathy

9 minutes ago, bunnyette said:

Thank you!  I’m hoping to travel light but DH seems to love overpacking

You're welcome. Enjoy your Summit cruise. We like most of the improvements Celebrity did to the Summit during the recent revolution. We'll be back on the Summit doing a B2B out of San Juan March/April 2020.

• Like 2

Just off Summit last Oct.  Dress code for main ding room is on Celebrity website and app. Even printed on the back of the Table Reservation card in cabin. Dress code I saw in MDR is as follows.  I saw some men wearing ball caps, shorts and even flip flops. When I inquired about it to the maitre I was basically told they don't turn anyone away.

It didn't affect our dinning experience.

I wore pants with a nice button down shirt each night. 

In fact will be back on the Summit this coming Sat.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally like the new Chic dress code.   We enjoy dressing up but lately have downgraded from Tux to dinner jackets and bow ties.    I find that at least in Blu and Luminae about 60+% of men wear a Jacket with or without a tie.   No one is made to feel uncomfortable and those that enjoy getting dressed also enjoy themselves.

19 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

any idea which nites are dress up on a 10 nite bermuda cruise?

It would generally be on the First Sea Day and a Sea Day at the end of the cruise.   They of course never have it on the last night as you have to put your luggage out.

6 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

day 3 6 and 10 are sea days so by that formula it's day 3 and 6. 

Celebrity very often has chic nights on port days and has actually done so on the Bermuda trip for over 25 years.  They usually hold it and formal nights prior on the day you leave Bermuda.  The first one will be either day 2 or 3.

• Like 1

We have had White Night deck parties on X...but it's hit or miss

We also enjoy the new evening chic...most on X dress well.  Jacket and tie not required. Sad to hear of folks in flip flops  for dinner but that is  not the norm,

We will be sailing on her in May..10 days....expecting it to be cool in Newport and Bermuda..maybe even Charleston, so we will pack a few sweaters.   Likely, dh won't be bringing his  Carib floral  shirts along.....

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Celebrity very often has chic nights on port days and has actually done so on the Bermuda trip for over 25 years.  They usually hold it and formal nights prior on the day you leave Bermuda.  The first one will be either day 2 or 3.

Agree. Especially cruising out of San Juan when there is only one sea day. 

On 12/28/2019 at 11:10 AM, davekathy said:

Two evening chic nights. First is night 2 and the second is night 6. Make sure to check your Celebrity Today in case of a change. 

Our night two is Super Bowl Sunday. I wonder if they will move it since many folks will be watching the game.