Infinity: Classic Cocktails

4 hours ago, aliciam said:

Can anyone share the cost of martinis at the Martini bar on Infinity? Trying to decide if an upgrade is worth it, or if I should just pay the difference.

We've just got off Millennium, the prices should be the same for Infinity, $13, so you'll pay the difference +20% gratuity on the difference.

I have been able to order a “standard” martini at the martini bar that was covered by a classic package. A basic martini costs something like $6-$7 everywhere on the ship.

But in fact they mostly serve specialty martinis that cost more than the package. My wife’s favorite is the sunset martini by the way.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It has been our experience on Celebrity ships that any bar (except the pool bar on a sea day) will serve a martini, and if they have the ingredients they will make you one that is on the Martini Bar menu, but it will be in a smaller glass and might be made with a lesser quality alcohol.  The Martini Bar will also serve things other than martinis that are included on the classic package.  The draw of the Martini Bar is the bigger martinis, the higher quality alcohols,  and the show that the bartenders put on as they are mixing the drinks.  However they can be very busy and service can lag because of this.

That being said, I love the martini bar and I always upgrade to Premium.  I know which ones are my favorites but they will also make other ones that are not on the menu if you ask.  My husband does not upgrade and can get a glass of bourbon or scotch that is included on the classic package there as well.  Although it can get busy and slow, it is a fun place to be.  We have met some other passengers who are fun to chat with and run into them each night at the Martini Bar.

Don't upgrade until you get on the ship.....see if it really pays for YOU.  There are a number of bars depending on the weather, you may want to be outdoors.....the rendezvous bar is interior and pretty "old".  If you want basic classic martinis, then just order them more often...you don't need a larger glass.  Play it by ear....every cruise is different.