Gift bag ideas for new cruisers

cheermomof2girls

We are putting together a gift bag for our friends who are taking their first cruise with us- anything you would add?

We have: clear luggage tags, fun luggage tags to identify bags easier, lanyards(2 options- clip and regular), Dramamine, downy wrinkle releaser, B12(hangover preventative), fun travel Tshirt(we are close enough to know they will laugh at it, lol), stainless steel straws...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Golly, the list can be endless. Magnetic hooks for the walls; ibuprofen; imodium; ballpoint pen; post-it notes; cheap flashlight(I know, sounds silly, but we used it a lot when exploring upper decks late at night); sunscreen protector, just to name a few.

For a comprehensive list, we found this most interesting:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cruise+accessories&lo=list&language=en_US&crid=3R0UA2XV7RDB&linkCode=ll2&linkId=82a3626649a0d741a5ddb9e22f4e8c19&qid=1562019848&sprefix=cruise+access%2Caps%2C434&ref=sr_pg_1

• Like 1

If they're wine drinkers, you can get them a bottle of wine to take on board. Carnival gift cards, depending on how much you want to spend. Carnival's gift card site sells them starting at $100, but I think some retailers sell $25 & $50 cards (or at least they used to). Cabin decorations (either Carnival's or your own). That's not really a gift bag item, but thought I'd throw it out there.

45 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

We always take individual hand wipes and individual insect repellant packets with us.  They are great to throw in the small bag I use for visiting ports.

Outlet strip without circuit breaker, USB outlet charger which we use, much more compact than a strip outlet. hats to block the sun, compact umbrella for the occasional rain showers, compact back pack, a hot/cold travel mug, 

Over the door clear shoe organizer. I travel with 3-4 people, so makes it easy to grab deodorant, hair brush, sunscreen while the bathroom is occupied. And travel clock. We had issues with DH's cell phone switching time zones even with it disabled, so we never knew what time it was!

Bonine is better than dramamine in my opinion but you need to start that 3 days before cruising to be sure you don't get seasick.

Earplugs - the ship & it's passengers make strange noises throughout the night...lol

Liquid IV hydration multiplier - mix in a water bottle and drink before bed and when you wake up to prevent hangovers and general dehydration

Shower caddy - I take a small mesh one so my stuff isn't all over the shower floor

Soft sided cooler - we use this to keep room drinks cool & it packs flat in the suitcase; we also take it on excursions

Sugar or waffle cones for the ice cream machine - way better than what carnival offers and that's if they aren't out of stock

Have fun with the noobs!  

• Like 1

A pad of sticky notes and a Sharpie.  There's a company called Zazzle that sells nautical themed items like Sticky Notes.  I've never used them, I recently came across them while looking for something else so this isn't an endorsement of them.

A mini-emergency kit with bandages, insect sting wipes, antiseptic wipes, and antibiotic ointment.

A deck of cards.