Crown & Anchor Status Match

FireEMT978

15 minutes ago, lr657 said:

I am confused as to how you were able to link a 20 year old daughter who no longer lives at home.

I think the wording of that post confused many - the daughter and BF are linked, but they are no longer linked with the parents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So,our granddaughter lives with us, can she get our Status?  She is almost Emerald on her own. All her cruises were paid for, no Kids Sail Free.

jmho if GD lives with you (as in you could claim her as a dependent) that should do it, no different than supporting your own child   

I highly doubt you will be asked for a court order or a tax return to prove she is your dependent. 

Didn’t mean to open a can of worms here. Seems as though it’s best to call in re this matter as so many have strong opinions as to The program’s qualification process

8 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Personally, I hope that boyfriends/girlfriends who are not recognized as "significant others" legally (reside at the same address, share household expenses, etc.) are not being linked to a C&A members account.  I hope RC asks for some sort of proof that people are really "together" and not just sharing status. I always assumed they did, but from the sound of some of the posts I have read here and on other sites, "shared" status is becoming the new get around.

You don't have to reside at the same address. You just have to use the same address. There's one guy who lives in Texas and his girlfriend lives in Florida. They met on a cruise and he linked her to his account. She's been on less than 5 cruises. Because he's Pinnacle she's also Pinnacle with less that 5 cruises.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

You don't have to reside at the same address. You just have to use the same address. There's one guy who lives in Texas and his girlfriend lives in Florida. They met on a cruise and he linked her to his account. She's been on less than 5 cruises. Because he's Pinnacle she's also Pinnacle with less that 5 cruises.

And so, if they break up, can he then link someone else to his account and give that person Pinnacle status as well or must he remove the old girlfriend first?

1 minute ago, MaritimeR&R said:

And so, if they break up, can he then link someone else to his account and give that person Pinnacle status as well or must he remove the old girlfriend first?

Linking someone else will automatically unlink the old girlfriend.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Linking someone else will automatically unlink the old girlfriend.

Is that something different for Pinnacle?

As linking someone else for lower status does not unlink the other person.

As I have said, I think it SHOULD do so for ALL levels.

And I think that you should not be able to link status that you received from a status match, but only your own native status.

I have to imagine there is some inconsistency with unlinking. 

Royal is never consistent with anything so I am sure there are some folks who had one thing happen upon unlinking and other folks who had something different happen upon unlinking.  Just like kids turning 18.  YMMV.  

13 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

Wow! I can’t believe Royal wouldn’t want to crack down on something like that. That sounds like outright fraud to me. One solution might be to handle it like status matching between cruise lines, i.e. the highest status one can get by linking is Diamond, anything higher must be based on your own points.

16 hours ago, lr657 said:

I am confused as to how you were able to link a 20 year old daughter who no longer lives at home. I thought children no longer living at home had to be under 18 years of age.

She was not linked to me. She linked her significant other, to her points. She has earned all of her points after she turned 18. One of the cruises, was with all of us. I apologize for the wording of the original post (confusing). We all had different points. But, all of us had earned our own, as adults. I had called, and had my girlfriend linked to my account as my SO. Then, I told my daughter to call, and have her SO linked to her. 2 completely separate, but legitimate "couples" as adults. No scams. Same residences for couples.

Edited by FireEMT978
  • Like 1

In the case of those shaking up or claiming they have the same address  RC should make the tier level match just for the cruise they are on. While on the cruise they will need to meet with the LA and show proof of residence. At that time the LA will put a special sticker on the Sea Pass card showing temporary tier level and limited perks/benefits. Now I'll remove my rose colored glasses. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

In the case of those shaking up or claiming they have the same address  RC should make the tier level match just for the cruise they are on. While on the cruise they will need to meet with the LA and show proof of residence. At that time the LA will put a special sticker on the Sea Pass card showing temporary tier level and limited perks/benefits. Now I'll remove my rose colored glasses. 

No "permanent" status matching.  To simplify, just status match based on the highest level cabin mate for that cruise (and only that cruise); this should be able to be automated easily.  All (SO, kids, etc) C&A members status would be based on their actual points.

Edited by Another_Critic

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

RC would never have time for this.

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Maybe no one has voiced it. 

Not sure it's needed. RCI, better than anyone here, knows exactly (because they have the numbers) what, if anything, their status link policy has created - they simply choose not to do anything about it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure it's needed. RCI, better than anyone here, knows exactly (because they have the numbers) what, if anything, their status link policy has created - they simply choose not to do anything about it.

Agree. They have created the monster and we get to live with it. It's obvious RC doesn't care or they would be more strict on how others are linked. I get that. Whenever a thread like this appears there is a lot of bitching but I've never read where anyone has contacted the C&A society about it. I'm guilty of that. So part of the problem is us who haven't voiced our concerns. Will it make a difference. I don't know. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease and sometimes it get's thrown out.  Just glad to be at the tier level we are and moving along, s-l-o-w-l-y. 

37 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. They have created the monster and we get to live with it. It's obvious RC doesn't care or they would be more strict on how others are linked. I get that. Whenever a thread like this appears there is a lot of bitching but I've never read where anyone has contacted the C&A society about it. I'm guilty of that. So part of the problem is us who haven't voiced our concerns. Will it make a difference. I don't know. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease and sometimes it get's thrown out.  Just glad to be at the tier level we are and moving along, s-l-o-w-l-y. 

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.  It's only a monster in your eyes.  For Royal they are gaining new customers who may just remain loyal.  Royal does not care one bit about the squabbling over seats in the lounge which unless I'm missing something is the only thing that affects other C&A guests.  Royal gave D and up the 3 free drinks to compensate for the lounges being busier.  I very much doubt that they will change things.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.  It's only a monster in your eyes.  For Royal they are gaining new customers who may just remain loyal.  Royal does not care one bit about the squabbling over seats in the lounge which unless I'm missing something is the only thing that affects other C&A guests.  Royal gave D and up the 3 free drinks to compensate for the lounges being busier.  I very much doubt that they will change things.

I know, I know I get that! Doesn't mean I cant or won't vent my opinion no matter what it's worth. I expressed the way I feel and removed my rose colored glasses here on CC and by an Email to the C&A society. You're preaching to the choir as we appreciate all the perks/benefits we receive from the C&A program. Losing the option of the CL is a bummer but we prefer the DL over the CL on the ships we've cruised on. If you or others don't agree with me, that's cool. 

Edited by davekathy