Princess Access Dept. now part of Cunard

1emerald1

I just sent a request to the access department and the autoreply was from Princess/Cunard.  It used to  be under the Holland America umbrella.  I wonder if Princess' other back offices are now in the Cunard group.  Not earth shattering news, or maybe not even interesting to most, but I thought I'd pass it along.

It would appear that Carnival Corp is consolidating certain functions to save money.  While the different cruise lines are operated as separate companies, they do share certain resources either by their choice or by dictations from the head office. 

• Thanks 1

Princess and Cunard are very close. They are in the same building, at one time (not sure if it is still true) my TA's Princess rep was also her Cunard rep. Once I called Princess and they answered "Cunard". Princess even sent their officers and senior staff over to Cunard to help Cunard to become more efficient. Some stayed with Cunard and never returned to Princess. This was before the re-org that put Princess into the HAL group.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Coral said:

Princess and Cunard are very close. They are in the same building, at one time (not sure if it is still true) my TA's Princess rep was also her Cunard rep. Once I called Princess and they answered "Cunard". Princess even sent their officers and senior staff over to Cunard to help Cunard to become more efficient. Some stayed with Cunard and never returned to Princess. This was before the re-org that put Princess into the HAL group.

Yeah they sent a Princess HGM and a MD over to the QM2 to fix the mess they had there when it was launched.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Does it matter?  🤔

Does Cunard drop the ball?

Cunard and Princess share the building and offices in Santa Clarita.

Inquiring minds want to know.  😏

I have no idea if Cunard drops the ball as the last time I contacted that dept. it was handled through Holland.  Like I said, I was just passing on info that was new to me but not maybe new to others.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

It would appear that Carnival Corp is consolidating certain functions to save money.  While the different cruise lines are operated as separate companies, they do share certain resources either by their choice or by dictations from the head office. 

Thank you for your concise explanation.

24 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

Bernie Warner  (probably retired by now)

I think there was more than one (maybe not full Captains) but Capt Warner stayed and never came back. Probably retired.

When I first started cruising, it was like he was the Captain on every Princess ship I sailed on. Very nice guy.

Edited by Coral

22 minutes ago, skynight said:

Same personnel, same building. It's been that way for maybe a dozen or more years.

I think this is right. At one point Princess was put in charge of Cunard to re-organize them. This happened around the same time that Cunard moved into their buildings.

Edited by Coral

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I think there was more than one (maybe not full Captains) but Capt Warner stayed and never came back. Probably retired.

There is a mandatory retirement age for british officiers.   ...which is what bumped Mike Moulin

and probably Captain Warner.

He went to Cunard, and Alistair Greener (cruise director)

Edited by pablo222

9 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

There is a mandatory retirement age for british officiers.   ...which is what bumped Mike Moulin

and probably Captain Warner.

He went to Cunard, and Alistair Greener (cruise director)

I forgot about Alistair! Generoso also moved over and came back. This happened around 2005.

Does anyone know what became of APH (Andy who started as a deck cadet and moved up between Princess and P&O I think)?

Here is a post from around that time: 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coral said:

I think this is right. At one point Princess was put in charge of Cunard to re-organize them. This happened around the same time that Cunard moved into their buildings.

Yes. Alfredo Marzi, Princess' former head chef, was tasked with revamping Cunard's food. At the time we briefly met and spoke with Alfredo who happened to be on our cruise and he mentioned this to us. 

• Like 1