Expedited Arrival.

FireEMT978

Hey everybody,

I'm curious, as to what your experiences are, with "Expedited Arrival". 

2 weeks ago, my daughter, and I sailed on the Oasis.

We both entered ALL of the required info for our "Setsail" passes. 

Her's, showed "Expedited Arrival". While, mine did not. 

The only thing different, between our "input", is that I use a "Passport Card". Whereas, she has a full "Passport".

Does anybody know, if that would be why? 

I've just done my "Setsail pass" entry again, for our January 6th sailing, and it does not show "Expedited Arrival". Even though I have filled it out, "To a Tee"!

5 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Does anybody know, if that would be why? 

I don't think anyone has figured out the pattern on who gets it and who doesn't - the folks developing the RCI app did mention that it should be rolled out more evenly across the fleet "soon".

I just had my daughter do her "Check in". Again, her's shows "Expedited Arrival".

Luckily, they will group everybody together, if anyone in the group has "Expedited".

I should be able to verify this theory, when my daughters boyfriend checks in, on my girlfriends app.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Not so sure, don't think that's the case at Cape Liberty, but it's not much of a diff in time.

On our December 15th Oasis sailing out of Miami Terminal A, it was quite a line we got to avoid.

Edited by FireEMT978

The only consistency see I've been able to determine, from asking other passengers, is that its only when scanning passports.  When I did our check-in only my wife and older daughter have their passports and were the only 2 of the 6 of us that got Expedited Arrival.  I haven't found anyone yet that has gotten it by using only a  birth certificate.

1 minute ago, FireEMT978 said:

Royal's IT at its finest? They had told me at Terminal A a couple of weeks ago, that if you had completed the check-in process on the app. That you would have expedited arrival. Obviously, it isn't working properly. 

Even so, there's currently no guarantee of getting it

2 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Luckily, they will group everybody together, if anyone in the group has "Expedited".

In all our cruises I had expedited once and DH did not.  He was not allowed to check in with me.  As mentioned, there isn't much difference in time.

For me the difference was the photo. I did check in for myself and my wife - did scan passport - took a picture of myself but no picture of my wife.

I did get Expedited while she didn’t - make sense.

I couldn’t figure out how to add picture using the app however uploaded a picture of my wife from a PC - then her status changed to Expedited. 

16 hours ago, green eyed lady said:

I got it and my husband didn't. I scanned both our passports on the app and took both of our pics.  So I have no clue why I got it and he didn't. What exactly does it do for us? We are diamond so we get to board early anyway. I'm confused...lol

With expedited arrival, you go through  the expedited security line which can make a big difference at some ports. Diamond status puts you in the general security line these days.

2 minutes ago, seabeew said:

With expedited arrival, you go through  the expedited security line which can make a big difference at some ports. Diamond status puts you in the general security line these days.

oh got it! Thanks.  I guess my husband will just have to wait in the regular line by himself lol

We have gotten expedited arrival consistently when checking in through the app. One time we had a guarantee cabin and I checked in before the cabin was assigned. We initially did not receive expedited arrival. Once our cabin was assigned, I updated our set sail pass and we received expedited arrival. 

On 12/30/2019 at 4:22 AM, hallasm said:

For me the difference was the photo. I did check in for myself and my wife - did scan passport - took a picture of myself but no picture of my wife.

I did get Expedited while she didn’t - make sense.

I couldn’t figure out how to add picture using the app however uploaded a picture of my wife from a PC - then her status changed to Expedited. 

I scanned in my wife's passport and uploaded (from the PC) the actual photo they used to take her passport photo.  I scanned in my daughter's passport but didn't upload a picture.  They both got expedited.

We sail at the end of next week. Two of us have expedited, four don’t. Sounds like differing experiences regarding whether they’ll let whole group skip line or not. I would assume if you don’t have expedited that there’s information they need to get at check in, but I did the check in for everyone and everything is the same. I suppose the pictures are different, but I uploaded six pictures. None of them followed the “plain background” instructions too we’ll so I fully expected them to be taken again at the port. I know we’ll all get onboard eventually, but everyone looks to me at check in and I don’t like not having the answers, or the chaos that ensues from getting in the wrong line. Or having to ask a less than helpful employees who is tired of directing clueless vacationers day after day. 😂