HELP....Ecstacy out of Los Angeles!!!!

jdfloyd

Thinking of booking this for June 28, 2004. I can't find anything but old reviews and NO info on the ports of call.

Someone PLEASE help!

Thanks

Joe and Dianna

SENSATION

5/5-5/12 2002

S/S NORWAY

5/18-5/25 2003

Paradise

7/27-8/3 2003

You better sail her quick. She's coming to Galveston to replace the Celebration. I'm booking her for next spring.

Splendour 3-6-04

Jubilee 6-5-03

Celebration 7-10-01

I did this little trip last May and well I am sorry but I did not even get off the ship! Had a two hour spa treatment instead and took a nice long nap! But from what I saw I do not believe I missed anything in Ensenada (just my opinion)! Ship still looked great - food was wonderful- my dinner mates were just wonderful and we still write letters to each other. Cabin stewards were great and loved everything else. I was not rel happy with interacting with most passengers only because I felt they were really rude to the staff and I did not like that.

Carnival

Fantasy 11/91, Ecstasy 1/98, Fascination 11/99, Paradise 2/00, Imagination 4/02, Ecstasy 5/03, Paradise 10/03

Royal Caribbean

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04

Cruised Ecstasy two years ago but hope I can help...

Ecstasy will be replaced by Paradise on Sept.20,2004. We will be sailing her in November.

We totally enjoyed our cruise and thought the ship was great. Food and service were wonderful throughout. Staff very friendly. Lots of things to do--or not!- on board all the time. We loved sitting out on the back of the ship on the Lido deck eating breakfast. We sailed during Spring Break and had no problems with anyone at all. Our kids did not use Camp Carnival very much but my friends kids did and they loved it.

Ports... Catalina we rented a car. Believe it was $30 an hour and you are able to drive around the island. Many beautiful sights and great photo ops of the ship from atop the hill. I know they also have horseback riding,glass bottom boat tours,flying fish tours, parasailing and many others. Lots of shops for browsing or souvineer shopping. Try catalina.com and I think that should take you to their main website for lots of info.

Ensenada we took a van into town and walked around. I was not that impressed but we did manage to have a good time. We found a barber shop right off one of the streets so hubby decided to get a haircut. This was the best part of Ensenada for us. The older gentleman was very nice and welcoming. My hubby conversed with him in his very limited Spanish and we all enjoyed each others company. Cut and neck massage for about $10. A little piece of Mexico's warm people, priceless. We bought some very inexpensive beaded necklaces for my girls to take back to their friends and we went back to the ship early afternoon. We had the best time at the pool having drinks and going down the slide. Next time this is what we will do when docked in Ensenada. Happy we went in to town the first time but will not need to do it again in November. There is a building right there on the dock that sells souvineers so we will just go in there for whatever we might need and head up to the pool. I know there is a wine tour as well as horseback riding,etc. Try to do a search on Ensenada and see what you can come up with.

This was our first cruise and we all had a great time. My husband was not all that hip on taking a cruise at first but is now a cruise junkie thanks to Ecstasy. The two we now have to look forward to were all his idea. YAY!

Have a great time and if there is anything else you would like to know just ask.

Happy Cruizin'

Linda

Ecstasy 4/02

Paradise 11/29/04 Inlaws 50th wedding anniversary

Pride 5/29/05 Daughters Sweet 16

Thanks for the info. Still hard to find reviews or info on ports of call.

How far is the port from LAX? Cab costs? Hotel recommendations for pre-cruise stay?

Thanks again

Joe and Dianna

SENSATION

5/5-5/12 2002

S/S NORWAY

5/18-5/25 2003

Paradise

7/27-8/3 2003

Archived