Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Nextholiday?

Two cruise ports in Maui

Recommended Posts

Our first cruise we docked at KAHULUI

 

This time Lahaina and overnight stop so there two days 

 

I know the Old Lahaina Luau is close

 

Just wondering what others did when at that port 

 

Any beaches you recommend 

 

Also if looking for locals who do tours how do you find/any you can recommend 

 

Thank you 😊 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you looked down the board...many of your questions are discussed here daily.

 

The best nearby beach is Ka'anapali...about 15 minutes away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any interest in zip lining? If so, check out my excursion report a few posts below yours. I did that and also visited OLL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have you looked down the board...many of your questions are discussed here daily.

 

The best nearby beach is Ka'anapali...about 15 minutes away.

 

thank you

we did a beach last time but was close to other port so couldn’t have been that one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Any interest in zip lining? If so, check out my excursion report a few posts below yours. I did that and also visited OLL.

 

Hi 👋 

not me but hubby might. Thank you 😊 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nextholiday? said:

 

thank you

we did a beach last time but was close to other port so couldn’t have been that one 

Ka'anapali is the best best close to Lahaina, not Kahalui.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nextholiday? said:

Last time we did old Lahaina luau 

 

wondering since overnight what people do of an evening there 

There is not a lot of nightlife outside of the various luaus. You might try a Haleakala sunset tour. Or some of the restaurants such as Fleetwood's have live entertainment in the evening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Or some of the restaurants such as Fleetwood's have live entertainment in the evening 

But "nightlife" in Hawaii wraps up around 10-11pm. There are a few bars open later but it's not a huge thing overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...