Snorkeling Excursion Review

new2cruising2014

Background: My husband (age 24) and myself (age 24) love to cruise! After multiple times coming to Cozumel we decided to book a snorkel excursion instead of the all you can drink and eat beaches we typically frequent while in Cozumel.. 🙂

Booked a 3-stop snorkel with Cozumelcruiseexcursions.net via their website after reading reviews off TripAdvisor. The exact trip we booked was "Cozumel Cielo & Snorkel". We did not get to Visit El Cielo due to it being closed. When I read online that the some of the reefs were closed I became discouraged and afraid that we would not get to see very much... boy was I wrong. 🙂 We received an email confirmation reserving our spot and stating that we would receive an email in the next 24 hours with all the details for our excursion (where to meet etc). Received that email and it was extremely detailed and helpful. It gave directions to the meeting point from the International Pier and Punta Langosta Pier.

Fast forward to excursion day.. We were on board Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas. We were originally supposed to dock at the international pier; however, due to the collision of two Carnival ships at the pier the day before we were moved to Punta Langosta pier. I was very stressed out and worried that nobody would be there to meet us since we were at a different pier. We followed the directions provided in the email for the Punta Langosta pier and there was someone waiting for us in the exact spot they said they would be at. I was so relieved and thankful. We made it to our small snorkeling boat. There were 13 people on our excursion. The two guides (Angel and Hose) were very helpful and knowledgeable. We boarded the boat and were off on our adventure. They provided very nice and clean snorkel gear (goggles, snorkel, fins) and life vests. We stopped at three different spots. We saw TONS of fish, two stingrays, and a group of sea turtles (AWESOME). There were some jelly fish and at one point we all got out and went to a different spot.. Not a big deal at all. 

Stopped at a sand bar along the beach and Angel and Hose made fresh pica de gallo and guacamole. I'm not kidding when I saw it was AMAZING. They handed out water, beer, and juice all throughout the tour. 

At the end of the tour since we didn't dock at the pier we were originally supposed to the owner of the company took us back to our cruise ship. 

I give the excursion 10/10. Everyone was friendly and for only $50 you definitely get an amazing experience. The excursion lasted approximately 5.5 hours. We will 100% be booking with them again.

I was a bit distracted to get pictures. 

pictures attached: boating out of Marina, beach we stopped at, and one of the snorkel spots.  

fullsizeoutput_2c08.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2c0c.jpeg

z09b0EO6S6WOj+N9zPTBLA.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, new2cruising2014 said:

To Clarify it was $50/pp. You put down $18 a person to reserve your spot when you book online. The rest you pay when you arrive at the excursion. 

Thanks! 😎

Thank you for posting your review! We have this exact tour scheduled for February and I was curious how El Cielo would be handled. I’m sad it’s closed but it sounds like the tour and quality of snorkeling doesn’t suffer at all! It sounds amazing.

also, I love that swimsuit you are wearing and am looking for exactly that style. Where did you get it? 

Thanks again for the review!

On 1/5/2020 at 12:48 PM, BNL1213 said:

Thank you for posting your review! We have this exact tour scheduled for February and I was curious how El Cielo would be handled. I’m sad it’s closed but it sounds like the tour and quality of snorkeling doesn’t suffer at all! It sounds amazing.

also, I love that swimsuit you are wearing and am looking for exactly that style. Where did you get it? 

Thanks again for the review!

I got my swimsuit off cupshe.com. It fits true to size. 

I am looking at this excursion in May. We are 60's and retired. How was the snorkel boat to get in and out of?  Worried it may have a small boarding ladder that is hard for oversize out of shape seniors to use. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 7:15 PM, Johnc3211 said:

I am looking at this excursion in May. We are 60's and retired. How was the snorkel boat to get in and out of?  Worried it may have a small boarding ladder that is hard for oversize out of shape seniors to use. Thanks

To get in and out of the water from snorkeling, they dropped a ladder off the side. You did have to use some muscle to pull yourself out of the water. The guides were there to help you if needed. Getting out of the boat at the end of the excursion you stepped up onto a dock with the assistance of the guides. There were some bigger guys on our excursion ( my husband included) and they had no issues using the ladder

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for two wonderful reviews New2cruising2014 & Mitsugirly.  Did you have any concerns about returning on time?  Were all passengers from the same cruiseship?  Did you have any time to souvenir shop after the excursion?  Our cruise is still a year away but I am a planner😂 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 8:55 AM, Acheavacci said:

Thank you for two wonderful reviews New2cruising2014 & Mitsugirly.  Did you have any concerns about returning on time?  Were all passengers from the same cruiseship?  Did you have any time to souvenir shop after the excursion?  Our cruise is still a year away but I am a planner😂 

I was not concerned at all about getting back to the ship on time. We were not all from the same ship. I believe that a few couples were from Independence of the Seas. We were all with Royal Caribbean, but I'm sure on any given day there could be people on the excursion from other cruise lines. 

On 3/4/2020 at 9:55 AM, Acheavacci said:

I did not have any concerns with getting back in time and there was plenty of time to shop before going back to the ship. I’m hi early not sure what ship others were on since I didn’t ask but did see some around the ship after that.